PDA

View Full Version : Where's Sly?

pokeyhontas98
06-23-2007, 01:37
What happened to Sly? I have missed his insight and his
wonderful wit .

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-23-2007, 05:53
Last I heard, he was moving out west and planning to hike most of the summer. I miss him as well.

Two Speed
06-23-2007, 06:59
Still truckin' (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25365), evidently.

mrc237
06-23-2007, 07:11
Got a call from him last week. He is in Colo after hiking the Grand Enchanment Trail. He is hiking parts of the CDT and is doing fine! (lost 25 lbs). Gave no return date.

Footslogger
06-23-2007, 09:04
Sly left his car at my house here in Laramie and is on a bus headed for East Glacier Montana at the moment. Put him on the bus Thursday in Cheyenne. He had hiked from South Pass City to Rawlins and wanted to hop up to the border and start coming south.

'Slogger

Two Speed
06-23-2007, 09:18
Oh, just rub it in, willya? :mad:

Just for that I'm going to go up to Standing Indian when the leaves change and e-mail you a photo. So there.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-23-2007, 09:21
Footslogger, please give Sly a big hug from the dinos when he returns for his car. Glad to hear he is well and doing what he loves.

Footslogger
06-23-2007, 09:21

Just for that I'm going to go up to Standing Indian when the leaves change and e-mail you a photo. So there.

=============================

Was it something I said ??

'Slogger

pokeyhontas98
06-23-2007, 15:04
Sly left his car at my house here in Laramie and is on a bus headed for East Glacier Montana at the moment. Put him on the bus Thursday in Cheyenne. He had hiked from South Pass City to Rawlins and wanted to hop up to the border and start coming south.

'Slogger

Thanks for the update, I am happy he's out hiking. I was concerned and wanted to make sure he was ok. Let the Slyman know we miss him and can't wait to see the pics from his great adventure.

Skidsteer
06-23-2007, 21:10

I'm in.

I figure we'll need stay out 2-3 weeks to make sure we catch the peak. :p

Two Speed
06-23-2007, 21:47
=============================

Was it something I said ??

'SloggerUmmm, technically it was something you wrote.

I'm in.

I figure we'll need stay out 2-3 weeks to make sure we catch the peak. :pCool. Maybe we can get Sly to come, too.

All kidding around aside, it's good to hear Sly's out and doing well.

Nightwalker
06-24-2007, 03:28
I'm in.

I figure we'll need stay out 2-3 weeks to make sure we catch the peak. :p

I caught the peak in SW VA last year. It was, uh, worth the walk. :)

Jan LiteShoe
06-25-2007, 21:09

'Slogger

Just out of curiosity, Toots, what car was he driving?
Wasn't an old red beater, was it?

Footslogger
06-25-2007, 21:34
Just out of curiosity, Toots, what car was he driving?
Wasn't an old red beater, was it?

====================================

Why ...he borrow your car again ?? Nah ...it's a shiney (check that) dusty sort of gray Saturn.

Hey, how ya doin Liteshoe ??

"Tootslogger

Jan LiteShoe
06-25-2007, 21:40
====================================

Why ...he borrow your car again ?? Nah ...it's a shiney (check that) dusty sort of gray Saturn.

Hey, how ya doin Liteshoe ??

"Tootslogger

You're so funny Tooty. Always good to hear from you.
I am hanging in there, up to the eyeballs in the final production stages of the book.
I look forward to getting my life back and getting some hiking in. Shoot, even being a cyber-hiker would work for a break.

Send me an email offline willya, I want to send something to Sly.

Footslogger
06-25-2007, 21:44
I am hanging in there, up to the eyeballs in the final production stages of the book.

Send me an email offline willya, I want to send something to Sly.
==================================

E-mail on the way as we speak. My autographed copy of the book's in the mail ...right ??

...oh yeah, and what's this "Tooty" stuff ??

'Slogger

StarLyte
06-25-2007, 23:53
That's Janet's car now :eek:

Where ya been Shoe?

Tootskiwannabe :rolleyes:

Jan LiteShoe
06-26-2007, 08:15
That's Janet's car now :eek:

Where ya been Shoe?

Tootskiwannabe :rolleyes:

Janet's car?
Poor baby.
;)

I be fine. Still exist, just gone temporarily low-cyber.
I shall return.
:)

Marta
06-27-2007, 07:23
Another Sly sighting:

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=189855

Marta/Five-Leaf

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-27-2007, 07:30
Thanks for the up-date Stumpknocker and Marta.
::: Dino leaps for joy that Sly is out hiking. :::

StarLyte
06-27-2007, 08:23
He'll be back in time for the Gathering.

Footslogger
07-22-2007, 12:00
Sly is sitting next to me at the moment organizing his pics. Got into Laramie yesterday. We cooked out last night and polished off quite a bit of microbrew. Slept in a bit this morning (5:30 AM !!) and then walked into town for coffee and some breakfast.

He turned his ankle a while back and it's kinda swollen but he's hiking on it. Got him a brace last night and iced it down. He should be good to go.

Think he's planning on driving to Rawlins some time today and hooking up with a hiker named Sloetoe to do some miles in the Winds. He has his laptop here and will probably post something himself here (if he hasn't already).

'Slogger

SawnieRobertson
07-22-2007, 12:19
Something tells me he is going to be insufferable as he preens and pontifically points out that, if we'd just lay down our lives and go hiking, we could lose 25pounds too. He's in his element. Footslogger, please point out to him that the East wants him back safely and with lots of tales to tell.--Kinnickinic

Footslogger
07-22-2007, 12:25
Something tells me he is going to be insufferable as he preens and pontifically points out that, if we'd just lay down our lives and go hiking, we could lose 25pounds too. He's in his element. Footslogger, please point out to him that the East wants him back safely and with lots of tales to tell.--Kinnickinic

=================================

Will do ...between pontification episodes, that is !!

Funny you should mention that to because in conversation about hiking he often says to me ..."Oh, that's right, you have to go to work on Monday don't you"

'Slogger

TJ aka Teej
07-22-2007, 15:33
Funny you should mention that to because in conversation about hiking he often says to me ..."Oh, that's right, you have to go to work on Monday don't you"
Kick him in the ankle for me, will ya? :D