PDA

View Full Version : First sets of thru's about to reach Katahdin

Chaco Taco
06-24-2007, 00:01
I just want to say congrats to Fed Ex and Guthook and crew on there completion. They had said they were in the middle of a crew of 7 NOBO's and are in The 100 mile Wilderness. Carryin bottles of champagne. They did it. June 30th will be a great day for them and there families!!!:sun

TJ aka Teej
06-24-2007, 15:27
GAMErs Toothpick, Geezer, G.H.O.S.T., Bookworm, and a few others I disrememer at the moment, have all summited Katahdin as of 6/23. Li will summit maybe today and then head out to the PCT.

TJ aka Teej
06-24-2007, 15:29
Carryin bottles of champagne.
They had the Champagne with them as they plated Monopoly at Shaws yesterday afternoon. I didn't have the heart to tell them they could buy the same brand at Abol Bridge... :D

mweinstone
06-25-2007, 06:15
well done my katadhin peeps! good and faithfull hiking! your rewards await you as do your bragging rights,newly sculpted lives and freash smell in your room that hasnt been slept in in so long. welcome home when that happenns too!

fiddlehead
06-25-2007, 06:35
Home? One thing the trail taught me was that home was wherever the tent was. Room? my rooms were never the same again.
Congrats to the guys that finished already. Have fun on the flip (or wherever you go from here)

Chaco Taco
06-25-2007, 12:38
Home? One thing the trail taught me was that home was wherever the tent was. Room? my rooms were never the same again.
Congrats to the guys that finished already. Have fun on the flip (or wherever you go from here)

I cant freakin wait!!!!!!:banana

guthook
07-01-2007, 11:51
FedEx, Groovasaurus, Fruitfly, the Goodfellas (Ant, Slickshoes and Whateva) and I summited yesterday. Nasty weather, but damn it felt good. Sadly we couldn't have our little party at the top like we'd planned, as the weather was about as nasty as it could be. Several of my friends and family came up, too, but only three got to the summit.

I'm already looking forward to another thru-hike, but who knows when that will be. Until then, I guess I'll have to be satisfied just being a trail groupie/trail angel once in a while.
Happy Trails
Guthook

Chaco Taco
07-01-2007, 12:30
FedEx, Groovasaurus, Fruitfly, the Goodfellas (Ant, Slickshoes and Whateva) and I summited yesterday. Nasty weather, but damn it felt good. Sadly we couldn't have our little party at the top like we'd planned, as the weather was about as nasty as it could be. Several of my friends and family came up, too, but only three got to the summit.

I'm already looking forward to another thru-hike, but who knows when that will be. Until then, I guess I'll have to be satisfied just being a trail groupie/trail angel once in a while.
Happy Trails
Guthook

Way to go man. I have been following you guys since I met Fed Ex at Standing Bear. Im so happy for you guys.

ms doolittle
07-01-2007, 13:13
Sweet! Congrats, Guthook!

Does anyone know if Baxter keeps a list of thrus that have summited? How do I get a hold of it. ;) Just curious and want to keep an eye on the numbers.... :D

guthook
07-01-2007, 14:06
Sweet! Congrats, Guthook!

Does anyone know if Baxter keeps a list of thrus that have summited? How do I get a hold of it. ;) Just curious and want to keep an eye on the numbers.... :D

They do. I'm sure you could call them and ask about it. Before us, there was Trek, GHOST, Toothpick, Bookworm and Li, and a guy called Geezer who was apparently finishing his 06 thru hike (he only showed up in the registers this year in MA, so I'm guessing he split the hike up for some reason).

Trillium
07-01-2007, 15:36
Congrats to all you true thru-hikers!!! I've been reading the Good Fellas TJ as well as Groovasaurus' and I'm glad that the Good Fellas were able to catch up to you and all of you summit together. What a journey/adventure. All the best in your future endeavors. :banana

Ron Haven
07-01-2007, 17:59
Congrats to all you true thru-hikers!!! I've been reading the Good Fellas TJ as well as Groovasaurus' and I'm glad that the Good Fellas were able to catch up to you and all of you summit together. What a journey/adventure. All the best in your future endeavors. :bananaI am glad for all of You,

Marta
07-01-2007, 18:29
Congratulations!

Marta/Five-Leaf

maxNcathy
07-02-2007, 07:00
How was your hike?

Congratulations!!

TJ aka Teej
07-02-2007, 09:37
Congrats, all! :banana :banana :banana

Does anyone know if Baxter keeps a list of thrus that have summited?
Yup, the ones that stay at the Birches or visit the Ranger before or after their climbs are tracked 'officially' and there's a register on the Ranger's porch that makes for fun reading.

ms doolittle
07-02-2007, 09:51
Excellent! Thanks for your help TJ and Guthook!

Can't wait to get up there in Aug!