PDA

View Full Version : 7/20 - 7/22/07 Party Time - William Penn Shelter

StoveStomper
06-25-2007, 14:13
Unless you like loud noise till 4 am, might want to pass by this shelter 7/20 - 7/22/07.
Some people on another forum are planning a weekend 'backpack' to this area. Good chance they will share booze and food, but forget about sleeping.

thestin
06-25-2007, 14:25
Since I can't read your mind, maybe you could tell us the name of this mysterious shelter?

Appalachian Tater
06-25-2007, 14:26
Maybe it's the same shelter that this thread is filed under....

thestin
06-25-2007, 14:28
Oops, I got to this from the front page, and didn't see that.

My bad. My apologies!

StoveStomper
06-25-2007, 14:31
Pennsylvania Shelters (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=261) > William Penn Shelter (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=280)

jlb2012
06-25-2007, 14:41
so StoveStomper - any bets on who falls down drunk into the fire _this_ year?

Jack Tarlin
06-25-2007, 15:08
Stomper:

Bringing treats to a shelter is fine, and I can't understand anyone objecting to this.

Announcing (or actually, threatening) that anybody who happens to be there won't get any sleep til 4 AM is not exactly cool.

Since you know who's planning to do this, and you seem to know which Forum they're contributing to, you might consider writing them and telling them that not everyone who is there that night might appreciate their particular brand of "Magic."

And no, I'm not anti-Trail Magic by any means, but marching into a shelter or campsite ANNOUNCING that you plan to be loud and boisterous is not going to make anyone a lot of friends. This ain't "Magic". To a lot of folks, it's simply rude.

The folks you're talking about should move the party.

P.S. I just read your post over again, and in retrospect, it sounds like you're merely WARNING people about this planned activity, and not advocating or encouraging it, so in that case, thanx for passing this along.

StoveStomper
06-25-2007, 17:03
....and not advocating or encouraging it, so in that case, .......Jack T.

Correct, I will not be there. Just passing the info along along, FYI.
I am making no judgements, pro or con. Some of the people are friends.

ms doolittle
06-26-2007, 14:20
Hiya Stovie! How's your recovery going?

Sooo.... there is some wrong information here. This shindig is not being held at a shelter. ;) If you show up at this shelter to share a beer or two with us, nobody will be there.

It's being held at a very well used campsite along the AT in between a couple of pretty nice shelters. We'll be far enough in that no one will hear us unless they choose to stay at said campsite.

FYI - we're not that loud. Especially if there are thru's in the area. We happen to like them. ;) My thru-hiker boy should be in NJ right now. :D

ms doolittle
06-26-2007, 14:27
And people might talk like this is going to be a huge bash, but in all honesty, it's not going to be that huge.

Oh, and I stayed at the campsite last weekend with another friend. There was nobody else there. Perfect weekend to be out. Nobody took advantage.