PDA

View Full Version : It's a small trail after all...

Newb
06-25-2007, 20:28
I went to Shenandoah to do a day hike with a friend of mine this past Saturday. When pulling in to the parking lot at Compton gap I met a fellow who was waiting for his hiking partner. After a quick introduction...it turned out to be none other than White-Blaze's own Cooker-Hiker!

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=17263&c=536

It's a small world, and a small trail, eh?

Anyways, I also took the chance to introduce my friend to her first ever hike on the Appalachian Trail. It was a great day.

Kerosene
06-26-2007, 10:46
I've run into a number of WBers during my section hikes over the past few years:

Virginia Narrows (May/June 2005): Flash Hand, Knees (CoreyZ)
Whites (September 2006): Neo, Easy Feelin', Sleeveless
Southern Virginia (June 2007): Ran into Baltimore Jack while walking the streets of Damascus looking for someplace open for dinner on a Sunday evening (only Subway was open), Ping, Spud, Doggiebag, amd Calmwater

It looks like Hikerhead (aka, Hokey Pokey) ran into HOI and Cooker-Hiker at Gravel Springs Hut that same trip!

jlb2012
06-26-2007, 10:48
It looks like Hikerhead (aka, Hokey Pokey) ran into HOI and Cooker-Hiker at Gravel Springs Hut that same trip!

doesn't count - it was pre-arranged

Lilred
06-26-2007, 13:26
I met Jett James on this last section hike. Cool guy, real down to earth.

Cookerhiker
06-30-2007, 18:20
I went to Shenandoah to do a day hike with a friend of mine this past Saturday. When pulling in to the parking lot at Compton gap I met a fellow who was waiting for his hiking partner. After a quick introduction...it turned out to be none other than White-Blaze's own Cooker-Hiker!

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=17263&c=536

It's a small world, and a small trail, eh?

Anyways, I also took the chance to introduce my friend to her first ever hike on the Appalachian Trail. It was a great day.

Great to meet you. I finally posted my photo even though it's identical to your's. Happy trails!

Skidsteer
06-30-2007, 19:07
I met Jett James on this last section hike. Cool guy, real down to earth.

I think he was actually at Ron's hiker bash as well. I think he came up with the Cloud 9 crew.

I really can't talk 'cause I didn't realize you were there until I read about it on WB. :o

Too much fun.