PDA

View Full Version : Check ou this Thru

Chaco Taco
06-26-2007, 23:19
This guy is pretty inspiring. Truckin along!

http://www.trailjournals.com/Clyde

His name is Clydesdale.

wilconow
06-26-2007, 23:27
This guy is pretty inspiring. Truckin along!

http://www.trailjournals.com/Clyde

His name is Clydesdale.

inspiration:
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=189842

thestin
06-26-2007, 23:44
Inspiring? No.
In love with himself? Yes.
Am I impressed with his litany of how great he is? No...

Nightwalker
06-27-2007, 00:03
Says he stayed at The Place while in Damascus, a "free" hostel. Geeze, I wish folks would quit ripping them off.

derek
06-27-2007, 02:19
seems like a little douche from the small amount i have read. but thats just me.

Lone Wolf
06-27-2007, 07:08
he's a great guy

Lilred
06-27-2007, 09:09
He hiked past me on my recent section hike. Looks like he's about 12 years old. Didn't look like he was going to slow down for anyone. I was impressed. We didn't talk long, but I was left with a smile on my face.

Appalachian Tater
06-27-2007, 09:34
After reading his ENTIRE journal last night, I certainly don't understand the criticism of this guy. He comes across as small, athletic, and fast, but not obnoxious in any way for someone his age. I'm rooting for him. He could slow down and finish in plenty of time.

If he were 40 years older, full of himself, and still going on about his hiking accomplishments, it might be obnoxious....

bigben
06-27-2007, 09:56
I talked to that guy at Low Gap shelter back in May. He stopped in and was gone within 20 minutes or so. He seemed OK to me. He did look like he was 12 though. I remember he said he did 20 miles and his pack was 20 lbs.

sixhusbands
06-27-2007, 10:03
It is not the size of the dog in the fight, rather it is the size of the fight in the dog. This young man truly has grit and I a great and simple outlook on life.

Chaco Taco
06-28-2007, 22:05
After reading his ENTIRE journal last night, I certainly don't understand the criticism of this guy. He comes across as small, athletic, and fast, but not obnoxious in any way for someone his age. I'm rooting for him. He could slow down and finish in plenty of time.

If he were 40 years older, full of himself, and still going on about his hiking accomplishments, it might be obnoxious....

O think its a little word called jealousy.

By the way, who the hell uses douche, get some better material derek.

warren doyle
06-28-2007, 22:23
He has discontinued his thru-hike.

"It is better to be a smart hiker rather than a strong hiker."

Nightwalker
06-29-2007, 00:59
O think its a little word called jealousy.

BS. I said he ripped off The Place, and that I was sick of seeing people do that. How is that jealousy? Heck, just pick anyone's post and name names! It's getting so uncivilized, what difference is it gonna make anyway. :confused:

Miss Janet
06-29-2007, 01:22
So, why does he think that if he takes a few days off that this will no longer be a Thruhike???

I wish I had met him... I might have slowed him up a bit and he might still be hiking! I would have tried at least. It kills me to see someone killing themselves and ruining their body to make some insane pace. He sounds like he has had a few good moments along the way but what could he have had if he had slowed up just a bit? WHY do so many take a very difficult thing and try to make it even harder?

Chaco Taco
06-29-2007, 16:44
BS. I said he ripped off The Place, and that I was sick of seeing people do that. How is that jealousy? Heck, just pick anyone's post and name names! It's getting so uncivilized, what difference is it gonna make anyway. :confused:
If you would, PLEASE go back and see who I was talkin about before freakin out. If he did rip off The PLace, then yes, shame on him. Nightwalker, I wasnt even talking to you. This is the comment I was referring to
"seems like a little douche from the small amount i have read. but thats just me.06-26-2007 23:03

TinAbbey
06-29-2007, 17:11
Says he stayed at The Place while in Damascus, a "free" hostel. Geeze, I wish folks would quit ripping them off.

'a small donation is requested'--right from the nut of the wing

Nightwalker
06-30-2007, 09:12
If you would, PLEASE go back and see who I was talkin about before freakin out. If he did rip off The PLace, then yes, shame on him. Nightwalker, I wasnt even talking to you. This is the comment I was referring to
"seems like a little douche from the small amount i have read. but thats just me.06-26-2007 23:03

I'm really sorry. I've been headaching again, and stuck inside for a month waiting out a health issue, and I've let it make me an ass. If I can't control it fast, I'll take a self-imposed timeout again, as those help me a lot.

Good news for those who've followed my health issues: The polyps were benign and the hemmorhoids are fixed. I'm feeling better every day and will be day hiking today or tomorrow with a "real" hike staring in about a week. I can barely stand staying off the trail for long, and it's really messed with me.

Sorry again,
Frank

saimyoji
06-30-2007, 12:19
...and I've let it make me an ass.

So now that you have two, whatcha gonna do with the extra? :-? :D

Glad to hear your ass is healing. I once found a polyp on my rectum. Turned out it was just a peanut that got stuck. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Chaco Taco
06-30-2007, 14:30
I'm really sorry. I've been headaching again, and stuck inside for a month waiting out a health issue, and I've let it make me an ass. If I can't control it fast, I'll take a self-imposed timeout again, as those help me a lot.

Good news for those who've followed my health issues: The polyps were benign and the hemmorhoids are fixed. I'm feeling better every day and will be day hiking today or tomorrow with a "real" hike staring in about a week. I can barely stand staying off the trail for long, and it's really messed with me.

Sorry again,
Frank

No harm no foul. Good luck recovering. I know how you feel with being off the trail. I hope you have great hike and have little discomfort. Keep us posted!!! :sun
Remember, big boys dont pull their pants down in public!

Appalachian Tater
06-30-2007, 23:14
I've been headaching again

What type of headaches do you get if you don't mind saying? Cluster?

saimyoji
07-01-2007, 01:21
Remember, big boys dont pull their pants down in public!

Uh oh. :eek:

Nightwalker
07-01-2007, 08:04
What type of headaches do you get if you don't mind saying? Cluster?

Clusters and migraines. The clusters sometimes go on for weeks at a time, though it feels like months. Imagine having ten or more headachers a day come and go.

However, in the last two days I've gotten some help. I had been having a difficult time sleeping and the doctor gave me something for it. The last two mornings I've woken up with no alarm, no headache and felt pretty good all day. Apparently poor, interrupted sleep makes headaches lots worse.

Nightwalker
07-01-2007, 08:05
Remember, big boys don't pull their pants down in public!

I didn't get that one...

Chaco Taco
07-01-2007, 17:35
I didn't get that one...

I was listening to the tv while I was typing and justthrought it would be funny to add that in :)

Programbo
07-02-2007, 22:37
I talked to that guy at Low Gap shelter back in May. He stopped in and was gone within 20 minutes or so. He seemed OK to me. He did look like he was 12 though. I remember he said he did 20 miles and his pack was 20 lbs.

20 pounds???..Why back in my day we`d all brag about how heavy or how large our packs were!..Now back then nickles had pictures of bees on em..Gimmie 5 bees for a quarter you`d say..But the important thing to remember is that I had an onion on my belt which was the style at the time......His journal seemed fine to me except he could stand some slowing up..And what`s with all the photos standing in water?

BucketHeadnBryn
07-02-2007, 23:00
Stress fractures? Awesome.

rockrat
07-03-2007, 01:28
Stress fractures suck, I got one in my femur near Waynesboro that ended my hike for this year.