PDA

View Full Version : 12 rules of survival.

fiddlehead
06-30-2007, 23:04
Here are some tips if you ever get in that "life or death" situation where you need to use your brain and not your emotions to get through it. Although these situations come up very rarely on the AT, adventurous people probably should read and learn some things from the article.

http://www.gmrdesign.com/lifechallenges.org/door/survival.html

shelterbuilder
07-01-2007, 11:00
Here are some tips if you ever get in that "life or death" situation where you need to use your brain and not your emotions to get through it. Although these situations come up very rarely on the AT, adventurous people probably should read and learn some things from the article.
http://www.gmrdesign.com/lifechallenges.org/door/survival.html

Interesting thoughts, fiddlehead. I'm battling cancer again (fight #2), and, while I was in the hospital in May, everyone told me that they had never met anyone so patient with what HAD to be done. (Spent 3 weeks and 2 days in the hospital, and had 4 trips to the OR) But it's all just little things, taken in sequence, that get the job done - not unlike a thru-hike! Gee, maybe there's hope for me yet!!!:D

Maybe I'll see you up at Eagle's Nest someday.

emerald
07-01-2007, 14:26
But it's all just little things, taken in sequence, that get the job done - not unlike a thru-hike!

I typed out a post that said something similiar this morning. Should have put it on the board for everyone to read. What I read in fiddlehead's linked article reminded me much of what was posted to put Paul Bunyan in the proper frame of mind for his hike.;)

Maybe I'll see you up at Eagle's Nest someday.

What do you mean maybe?:rolleyes: Watch your email.:D

micromega
07-01-2007, 17:31
If you're interested in the cerebral side of survival, read Deep Survival. I found it fascinating.

shelterbuilder
07-01-2007, 20:48
What do you mean maybe?:rolleyes: Watch your email.:D

Yeah, but you won't hear me coming!!:-? I've turned into the strong, silent type!:D