PDA

View Full Version : Someone asked in another thread....

dixicritter
07-03-2007, 22:55
I believe it was Tabasco that asked in a thread I had to delete today, but anyway someone asked today where SGT Rock has been lately. I swear to y'all I haven't done anything to him...LOL. He's working in Wisconsin right now and has been even more busy than he was while he was deployed. Luckily he's due to come back home next month, which I'm really thankful for since the boys and I haven't seen him since Trail Days.

So that's what's going on with SGT Rock right now, and why I've not been very "chatty" lately.

Heater
07-03-2007, 23:41
I believe it was Tabasco that asked in a thread I had to delete today, but anyway someone asked today where SGT Rock has been lately. I swear to y'all I haven't done anything to him...LOL. He's working in Wisconsin right now and has been even more busy than he was while he was deployed. Luckily he's due to come back home next month, which I'm really thankful for since the boys and I haven't seen him since Trail Days.

So that's what's going on with SGT Rock right now, and why I've not been very "chatty" lately.

I was wondering whats up. Thanks for the update.

Tabasco
07-04-2007, 08:10
Thanks Dixi. I have missed his calming influence around here, and with those boys of yours (mine are 8 and 11, so I know) I am sure you miss him too.

Enjoy the day, and thanks for the update.

dixicritter
07-04-2007, 11:48
Y'all are welcome.

Tabasco, I'm really lucky to have some great boys! They are a HUGE help to me when Rock is out of town (mine are 9 and 17), but yes I do still miss him. That "honey-do list" around the house is getting longer and longer...LOL.

Jack Tarlin
07-04-2007, 14:13
Dix:

If you talk to Rock today, please wish him a happy 4th from everyone here; we'll see you guys in Gettysburg in October!!

buckowens
07-04-2007, 15:12
Dixi,

Is Rock at Fort McCoy right now? We have a unit from my National Guard here in WV training there for a deployment. Just curious...

dixicritter
07-04-2007, 15:19
Dix:

If you talk to Rock today, please wish him a happy 4th from everyone here; we'll see you guys in Gettysburg in October!!

I'll pass that along Jack. Not sure if I'll be able to make it, but if he can he'll be there.

Dixi,

Is Rock at Fort McCoy right now? We have a unit from my National Guard here in WV training there for a deployment. Just curious...

Yes that's where he is. Training troops for deployment, luckily he doesn't have to go back though. He's still getting ready for retirement.

buckowens
07-04-2007, 15:32
I'll have some of the WV boys keep an eye out for him...

I for one am glad our boys will benefit from his experience. Might help someone come home to their family. Won't be long now and you'll have him there all the time :D Thanks for yours and the boys sacrifice as well.

SGT Rock
07-04-2007, 21:16
Howdy from Wisconsin.

I am indead stuck up here. I even had a driving tour of the UP and northern MI while I have been here. If there isn't a long trail on the UP there ought to be. The forests in northern MI are so cool, they just need some mountains.

Anyway, I have been working about 14-20 hour days - seven days a week since I got up here and there is little sign of it letting up. I am honestly working harder than I did in Iraq but at least I am not getting shot at (much).

That WV unit, is that B Co 841st? We have some WV guys in our formation that we are training now. I am also teaching some counter insurgency classes to many other NG and USAR units other than the battalion I am covering down on - an so far everyone has have positive AAR comments about my classes on counter sinper operations and peremiter defense operations. We are currently covering down on engineer battalions from all over the country preparing them for going over to Iraq. I feel like I am doing the right thing for these guys.

As for getting on the site, unless the schedule lets up sometime in the future, I probably wont get on much until around 10 August when I get back to Tennessee. Sorry I ain't helping out much, but I gotta prioritize and training Joe is more important right now.

I can't wait to get home to the family and get some shake down hikes when I get back. I did the math the other day and realized that by the time I get home I will have spent about 19 months deployed since January 2006 and seen my family about 45 days of that. Time to retire before I mess that up.

buckowens
07-04-2007, 21:47
Rock,

Glad to hear all is well. Our guys should be the 111th Engineers. Not sure if they re-designated for the deployment as some others have... I think we are running a Brigade, and not sure if it is pure WV guys. I have a few buddies who are in the group on a PSD, and I told one of them to look you up. He is an E-8 SF type and a great guy named Grady. He and I worked Homeland Defense together. My real info is CW4 Steve Owens if you run across any of them. Tell them we had to have someone keep an eye on them :D

In fact, our whole group from the Colonel on down are great guys. They did not need any airplane pilots or I would have been tempted to go with...;)

Take care. Won't be long now...

SGT Rock
07-04-2007, 21:52
I ran into those guys. The 111th Eng Brigade PSD came by my EST training one day looking for some ideas on how to train their PSD teams. I showed them what I was doing with M1114 turret training and scenarios to simulate what is going on over in theater currently. They seemed to love it and even brought their guys over one night to watch the training so they could replicate it. There was a CSM, a MSG, and a SFC or SSG that were in charge of that team that came by. We are not directly training them unfortunatly - but that is something I would rather not get into on the forum.

Trillium
07-04-2007, 21:56
Sgt. Rock,

Thank you very much for everything you have done and are doing in service of our country. I am so appreciative of the efforts of all our service personnel so that I and my family can enjoy all the great freedom that we have in the US.

Train them up good, real good, so good so that they can stay out of harm's way so they can return to their loved ones some day.

Happy 4th of July.

Ewker
07-04-2007, 22:00
Howdy from Wisconsin.

I am indead stuck up here. I even had a driving tour of the UP and northern MI while I have been here. If there isn't a long trail on the UP there ought to be. The forests in northern MI are so cool, they just need some mountains.

if by some slim chance you can get away here is a nice place to visit and backpack. Not many mountains but very cool to hike along Lake Superior

http://www.nps.gov/piro/planyourvisit/backcountry.htm

dixicritter
07-04-2007, 22:22
I can't wait to get home to the family and get some shake down hikes when I get back. I did the math the other day and realized that by the time I get home I will have spent about 19 months deployed since January 2006 and seen my family about 45 days of that. Time to retire before I mess that up.

Don't worry we're still here waiting on ya. :)

SoonerTex
07-04-2007, 23:46
SGT Rock, I also would like to thank you and all the other men and women in the Armed Forces for your sacrifices. It is because of you and previous military that allowed me to spend time cooking Bar-B-Que and poping fireworks with my family. I also want to thank the spouses and families of these servicemen and women for their sacrifices. My dad spent 20 years in the military and I know how hard it is when they have to pack up and go, whether it is just to train or to servive a tour in a hostile area. I wish you a safe and speedy return to the trail.

SoonerTex

mudhead
07-05-2007, 05:38
I assume you have jumped into Lake Superior. Everyone should say they have at least once. I didn't learn the first time, but am sure the second fully imprinted...

Be well.

TJ aka Teej
07-05-2007, 07:36
I showed them what I was doing with M1114 turret training and scenarios to simulate what is going on over in theater currently.
I know you'd rather be home, but I'm grateful the people being deployed are getting the kind training you're delivering. Thanks very much, Rock!