PDA

View Full Version : salsibury to North Adams...too much for 6 days?

DannyMendon10
07-05-2007, 15:30
Im planning a hike for the 1st week in august and i can't figure out what the exact mileage is from salisbury to North Adams and if it will be to far to hike in 6 days. I cant tell what towns would be good to park at in the area's or specificially what towns the trail goes through near where i want to start and end....what should i do.

Lone Wolf
07-05-2007, 15:38
it's 92.8 miles.

DannyMendon10
07-05-2007, 15:51
do you know and good week long hikes would be in that area?

Jack Tarlin
07-05-2007, 20:22
The trip you described is a perfectly good week-long trip: You'll basically be doing almost the whole Massachusetts section, includingthe CT/MA border area (Sages Ravine, etc) which is beautiful, has great swimming, etc. Your first few days in MA will be the tougher ones, then it sort of flattens out, with a great climb up Mt. Greylock at the end, the highest point in Massachusetts. It'll be dry, very hot, and buggy in August, so be prepared.

Another great hike in the area would be the MA/VT border to either Manchester Center VT or Killington; August would be a great time to do this section.

MrHappy
07-05-2007, 22:18
Yep, what Jack said. It's a great week long hike. PM me if you need any info on the CT/MA border area and/or a shuttle back to your car or anything of that sort.

Make sure you bring at least 3 litres of water-storage per person if you're hiking in august. It can get pretty dry.