PDA

View Full Version : Hikers Register

Programbo
07-05-2007, 17:50
I don`t really have a report but just a beef..I parked up at Washington Monument State Park for a day hike yesterday right next to the official Hikers Register where the AT enters the park and when I went to read it I found there wasn`t space for even one more person to sign in...In fact people had long since turned the sheets over and filled up the backs of the pages with their own improvised logs so that no one could have signed it recently..Is this someones territory or could I print out my own log sheets and drive up there this weekend and put them in there? :cool:

Jack Tarlin
07-05-2007, 18:25
I'd have left a note or talked to a Park employee, like a Ranger. Or you can call 'em and make your suggestion about a new register, which is a good one.
Try (301) 791-4767.

shelterbuilder
07-05-2007, 19:07
I don't know how other maintaining clubs do it, but BMECC in Pa. has either the shelter maintainer (if it's a shelter register) or the section maintainer (for a register that's standing alone) retrieve the full book and replace it with a new one. If this one is near a ranger station, maybe the rangers would know something more. But don't discard the full book - you never know who in that maintaining club might need some of the info in it. (For example, I use our registers to figure out the capacity for toilets at the shelter sites!)