PDA

View Full Version : Chacos, superfeet, etc...

Tilly
07-10-2007, 08:34
I don't know if anyone can help me with this, but...

I have been hiking in Chacos for a few years. I have a really high arch and weird feet that I find hard to fit in anything else. I can hike in Chacos for 10 hours and my feet don't feel sore or tired at all.

However, the straps sometimes end up bothering me in some way, either because they dig into my achilles tendon, or they just press on my feet in the wrong way and make them numb in odd places. I have repeatedly tried sending my sandals off to Chaco for adjustments but I have not been able to get anywhere with that.

So, I bought a pair of New Balance trail runners that are very comfortable and seem to fit well. I went on an 8 mile walk, through easy terrain, carrying 25#, and my feet were KILLING me. I suppose this is because the arch support isn't there?

Now I've been looking into getting superfeet insoles, possibly the green ones, to negate the arch support issue. Is this the right track? I just don't know what to do.

Midway Sam
07-10-2007, 09:12
Your best bet will be to seek a professional opinion. Look for a Certified Pedorthist (CPed) in your area and schedule an appointment. Other than that, you'll just have to rely on trial and error.

mudhead
07-10-2007, 19:45
I have been having poor luck with NB shoes of late.

Soft footbed vs hard perhaps?

Pro would be the route to go, they turned me onto Birkenstock footbeds, I am certain that my arch cannot take not having them. Spendy, but higher than superfeet.

humunuku
07-10-2007, 21:05
If ya got high arches, I don't think superfeet are going to help at all (they've got arch support, but not enough for high arches). I'm using Sole insoles ( www.yoursole.com ) and I like them a lot, I think I heard the montrail sole is good for high arches too, but haven't tried it.