PDA

View Full Version : My Company

sdustin101
10-13-2003, 20:15
My company is selling Appalachian Trail, Continental Divide, Pacific Crest, and National Parks navigation software and USGS Topo Map coverage of the entire areas.

Great resource. Let's you print out maps of your route, plot marks and waypoints. Uploads and downloads to GPS.

Check it out at

http://www.andale.com/stores/sf_cat...10&pageIndex=-1

I highly recommend. A+ reviews.

I got into this business because I believe Maptech has a truly great product and at these prices it is a great deal for the general hiking populace.

Here are a few quotes on the Maptech Product I am selling.

"NOTE TO PROCRASTINATING AT THRU-HIKERS: Maptech has come to your rescue. The company has combined 450 USGS topos, its navigation software, and hundreds of pages of guidebook information from the Appalachian Trail Club and its affiliates to create a CD-ROM that is unique and interactive." Backpacker Magazine

"Personally, I like Maptech’s new four-CD guide to the Appalachian Trail. This series follows Maptech’s similar guides to the 54 U.S. national parks. These are fun and educational, even if you don’t require them for recreation or survival."
Jake Kirchner, PC Magazine

TJ aka Teej
10-13-2003, 20:32
Spamming this forum is very bad form. The product is also outdated, with none of the post-1999 re-routes.

sdustin101
10-13-2003, 20:40
I'm a one man company wanting to get word about this product out. I don't know a better way than to actually post it in here where the people are.

Had I known it would have been met with such hostility, I would not have done it.

Again, I just wanted to get word of mouth circulating. I'm just a hiker that thinks this is a good product and got into business selling it.

Sorry

smokymtnsteve
10-13-2003, 20:44
well it looks like you'll have plenty of word of mouth....maybe you should talk to uncle johhny:D

TJ aka Teej
10-13-2003, 20:52
Originally posted by sdustin101
I'm a one man company wanting to get word about this product out.

The "word" has been out on this product for years. It is now completely outdated in both infomation and technology. Spamming multiple forums on this website hawking such a useless and outmoded product shows a lack of tact, judgement, and knowledge on your part.

attroll
10-13-2003, 23:50
Man that was a pain deleting all that spam that he sent. I know he had good intentions.

illininagel
10-14-2003, 09:41
Maybe I could understand having this advertisement posted once. But, having it posted so many times in this forum is spam---pure and simple. I get enough spam in my e-mail everyday without having to deal with it in this recreational forum.

Thanks for eliminating all of those messages.