PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some places

fate1883
07-10-2007, 18:42
Hey I am located in Plymouth Meeting, PA. (Conshy/kop area) I am looking for some places to hike. I don't mind traveling too much but wanted to know if anyone can recommend any places within the area.

modiyooch
07-11-2007, 08:36
roller coaster. rt 50 va to Harper's Ferry. Be sure to stay at Bears Den IMO

Johnny Thunder
07-11-2007, 09:06
Hey I am located in Plymouth Meeting, PA. (Conshy/kop area) I am looking for some places to hike. I don't mind traveling too much but wanted to know if anyone can recommend any places within the area.

Day hike in Wissahickon Park. Drive East on Ridge Ave...once you pass the Pep Boys in Andorra the park is down any street to your left.

Day hike Saint-someone-or-other's Wilderness between Phoenixville, Pottstown, and Exton...it's off of rt 100. (someone help me out here)

Day hike/BP in the NJ Pine Barrens (about 1 HR from you out the AC expressway).

BP anyplace on the AT. Duncannon is less than 2 hours from you. Great trail town with an awesome SOBO hike. Turnpike to 83 to 81 south to 322 West.

The Horseshoe Trail is around here somewhere.

Johnny

fiddlehead
07-11-2007, 09:21
One of my favorites in that area is: go up to New Hope and get on the canal path. It's easy, flat walking and interesting things are seen along the Delaware. I've seen hundeds of vultures sitting around where i had to walk right thru them and they let me get really close. Lots of wildlife around there. It's not overnight stuff but it's close to you and interesting.
If you want overnight, i'd head to the AT.

fate1883
07-23-2007, 21:23
Thanks, appreciate the help