PDA

View Full Version : International Hiking "Insurance"

Cuffs
07-11-2007, 11:51
Caught this info on a local radio station the other day...

Basically, if you are a member of this group and are more than 150 miles from your home (including overseas/world wide!) and have an injury, they will come get you and fly you to the hospital of your choice.

I suppose if I were going to hike some foreign trail, the fee is only nominal considering what could happen.

http://www.airmed.com/amMain/main.asp

The Solemates
07-11-2007, 15:21
seems like a hoax to me.

superman
07-11-2007, 16:21
Oh yeah that's real. It just so happens that I offer the same degree of trail hiking insurance. If you just send me a dollar, three, eighty I promise that I'll rescue you from just about any place with just about any problem within almost a nick of time. Just remember my rescue motto ..."It's easier to push you down a hill than it is to push you up." The fine print guarantees that if I don't rescue you this time it will be half price next time.:banana

Tractor
07-11-2007, 17:19
That's what I want for Christmas! That and full health insurance....

Cuffs
07-12-2007, 13:43
Not a hoax. They even contract with BC/BS insurance for coverage on some of their clients.

I have worked with them and can vouch that they are the real deal. Thankfully I cant say Ive had to use their services. Their home base is Birmingham, AL, Ive seen their facilities, top notch!

jesse
07-12-2007, 14:10
I was confused about the cost. If you become a member for $250?, will they fly you back at $0 extra cost, or does membership just get you a good deal?
They said it is not insurance.

Cuffs
07-12-2007, 14:27
Take the time to read all the info on the website... more than 150 miles from your home... costs are covered in your membership...

RSWillis
07-12-2007, 14:37
Sounds cool, I might try to get a job there someday.

pokeyhontas98
07-13-2007, 01:47
Me and my husband spend alot of time hiking in Morocco, I wonder if they include African countries within the deal.