PDA

View Full Version : Double Rainbow Tarptent Help!

2009ThruHiker
07-14-2007, 16:15
Looking for some advice in setting up our new double rainbow tent. It appears as though along both of the short (head & foot) walls there should be a clip for the bathtub floor centered along the wall but there is not. Also, the bathtub floor clips that are on the long sides (door sides) do not have any tension adjusters, which makes the bathtub floor very slack. Also, the flooring seems to bunch considerably after everything is setup. I've never experienced this with other tents, and I know this is a great tent, so what am I doing wrong?:-?

Appalachian Tater
07-14-2007, 17:03
Did you put the loops at the corners of the floor on the outside of the tent over the ends of the hiking poles or over the stakes? Even after reading the instructions, it took me a week or so to even notice them!

2009ThruHiker
07-14-2007, 19:01
Yes, I did put the floor straps on the stakes, also tried the pitch with the poles. Is there any advice on the stake placement in relation to the tent and I can use anymore advice anyone has. I also have a call into HENRY, who has been a real help in the past...it's just that I'm impatient so I am trying to find answers now...we were going to try it out tonight...

Slosteppin
07-14-2007, 20:12
Yes, I did put the floor straps on the stakes, also tried the pitch with the poles. Is there any advice on the stake placement in relation to the tent and I can use anymore advice anyone has. I also have a call into HENRY, who has been a real help in the past...it's just that I'm impatient so I am trying to find answers now...we were going to try it out tonight...

I would like to hear the answer you get from Henry.

I have a new Double Rainbow that I've used just 3 nights. I've thought about trying to glue a piece of velcro on each end to hold the floor up.

Slosteppin

2009ThruHiker
07-14-2007, 20:32
I'll let u KNOW;)

humunuku
07-16-2007, 17:54
Also, the bathtub floor clips that are on the long sides (door sides) do not have any tension adjusters, which makes the bathtub floor very slack. :-?

The long straps on the sides are not for holding the bath tub floor up (they're too long for that, as you said). They are there to keep the sides of the Bathtub from folding under your sleeping pad/bag when ya go two people in there.

As far as setting up the tent so the floors stay up, just mess around with how you stake it out and adjust the tension...you'll figure it out, it just takes a few tries

Pacific Tortuga
07-16-2007, 19:04
I was a little worried about the same thing even after some nasty cold/rainy storms in April . It was never a problem, no matter how much sleep I lost thinking about it.

I loved ever night I slept in my R-2. Condensation was not a problem but for one night and held up during strong winds.

I hope you enjoy the Rainbow 2 half as much as I did on my long section hike this year.