PDA

View Full Version : Foothills Trail next March

oreotragus
07-15-2007, 17:06
I'm looking for a partner or two to do the Foothills Trail with me in mid March 2008. I know it's early but I figured I would go ahead and throw this out there.

Male or female, young or old, doesn't matter. I'm easy going. This will be my first long backpacking trip, so I don't have a lot of experience. However, I work out regularly and should be able to do about 10 miles a day, at least. PM me for dates. :)

PS - I am generally quiet - I would rather enjoy nature without mindless chatter going on.

Ramble~On
07-15-2007, 18:00
I hiked the FHT this past March and plan on doing it again this coming March. I hope to be able to hike it this fall too- GREAT TRAIL !

If you are still looking for hiking partners for a March '08 hike I'd be really interested... :rolleyes: course.....you might need some duct tape to silence my mindless chatter.

oreotragus
07-15-2007, 19:14
Awesome! I would love to do it in the fall too but I'm in classes then. :p

KG4FAM
07-15-2007, 19:32
I might could hike it then, but I dont know exactly when I will be free next spring. I am doing national guard training now and come home sometime about march but don't know exactly when. I have always wanted to do that hike, but it never fit in and somehow a good bit of the AT has.

Nearly Normal
07-16-2007, 05:16
There is a great guide and map if you don't have them.
Check with the FTC if your outfitter can't get them. Don't dismiss some of the spur trails. The Fork Mountain spur will strike the Chattooga River farther up stream above Ellicott Rock(spot where SC,NC,GA come together).
The best views will be had in winter thru March, maybe up to the second week in April.
Oconee State Park is probably the safest place to park.
Email if you want.

Nearly Normal
aka Pete56