PDA

View Full Version : Ho, Hum...

Miss Janet
07-16-2007, 22:32
Closing Miss Janet's House and my home.. well, it sux!
It is all starting to feel tooo real. I have boxes and crates up to my eyeballs and every drawer and closet is full of the wonderful memories you all have given me over the last several years! The plans are still moving to recreate Miss Janet's House in a new and improved version but... first things first. Pack up the good stuff and get rid of a lot of junk! I want to have the house on the market in a month or so. UGGGG!!

I am cutting costs every where I can so I have no net at home right now. I should have the phone for a while but my service has changed a little. I love hearing from my "kids" so please don't stop trying to reach me!

I hope to have an update about the new plans online in a few weeks. Wish me luck and have a happy, hiking summer!

Does anyone know the number for that show on cable where they come in and do a yard sale for you???

dixicritter
07-16-2007, 22:40
I don't envy you one bit Miss Janet! I can only imagine how difficult it is sorting through all those memories.

Rock and I send you our best. (He'll be back home again next month.)

Two Speed
07-16-2007, 22:42
Miss J, sorry to hear about the closing. Trust me, you'll be missed and I'm sure there's lots of folks that are looking forward to hearing from you, whatever works out. Keep your chin up and stay in touch.

Lilred
07-17-2007, 00:10
We just moved and I feel your pain. Looking forward to hearing more about your venture. You know I wish you all the best.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-17-2007, 05:55
::: dino kisses Miss Janet on the toes :::

generoll
07-17-2007, 06:42
not an end, Janet. it's a new beginning. I look forward to hearing more of your plans.

minnesotasmith
07-17-2007, 07:40
Where are you moving to again?

fishinfred
07-17-2007, 09:26
Hey Sweet Lady!
Im sure everything will fall in place for you ,just starting a new chapter in the "life and times" of Miss Janet.:sun SUPER ANGEL!:sun
I'll be down in TN working in AUG for a friend so if you need any help let me know .
Moving is most stressful ....so hang in there! Call a friend......
You got my number
:D
FF

Footslogger
07-17-2007, 09:30
One door closes and another opens ...

Wishing you a smooth move and hoping that you get settled soon.

I know you'll keep us all posted on your progress here at WB !!

All the best ...

'Slogger

Mags
07-17-2007, 09:47
Good luck Miss Janet! In your time in Erwin, you've definitely helped to make some many good memories for all us hiker trash.

Jan LiteShoe
07-17-2007, 10:21
What they said!
New Chapters are messy, but also liberating.
Hugs from one with several chapters under the book covers.
:)

Wonder
07-17-2007, 11:25
Moving, and having to sort through years of treasures is so tough......best of luck with everything! Let me know when "moving day" is and I"ll try and get down there to help

Wonder
07-17-2007, 11:30
Dosen't look like the yard sale show is on anymore, but...here is the link for Flip that House. I've never seen it, but may have some good info. (what do I know about houses) I just got my first address in 2 years.........
http://tlc.discovery.com/guides/property/flip-that-house/flip-that-house.html

Overpass
07-17-2007, 11:51
What? Miss Janet is moving? I didn't know anything about this, are you moving away from Erwin or just across town to other digs? :eek:

In either case, good luck with the Move Miss Janet, if I were anywhere near, I'd come help you in a heartbeat, but sadly I am many hundreds of miles away.

SawnieRobertson
07-17-2007, 12:16
Yeah, it's a drag, but, as Jan points out, it can also be liberating as in "YAHOO! No more of that stuff." As cute as they were and as carefully we preserve their pictures, we still never wish they were still in the diaper stage. Life and kids get more interesting as they years and new experiences come along.

Do drop UP here to see me soon. :-)

Kinnickinic

bigben
07-17-2007, 12:24
My wife watches that show. I think it's called "Clean Sweep" on the HGTV channel.

rumbler
07-17-2007, 12:37
This is a bit of a shock. Miss Janet, you were a highlight of my hike. Thanks, and I look forward to our paths crossing again. Good fortune to you!

D'Artagnan
07-17-2007, 13:29
I say set up a few auctions on ebay and give us all a chance to "own a piece of history". You know that whole "one man's trash is another man's treasure" thing. I can only imagine the collection you've amassed. :D

warraghiyagey
07-17-2007, 20:29
Miss Janet,

I started SOBO last June hearing so much about you from those who have been honored by the experience.
As I left Katahdin this year one of my highlights, I surely knew, would be to meet you. I know there is a steady stream of South Bounders that would love to meet you along the way and maybe even give back by the day or two as they pass through some of what you have given the trail for so long.
It will probably be late September or early Oct. but many of us are hoping for at least a chance to meet you. Hope the hikers near you when you could use the help will show up and there are more of us on the way if you need any help settling in. Let us know.
Peace,
Warraghiyagey
SOBO7

MOWGLI
07-17-2007, 22:11
I feel your pain Miss Janet. We're moving too (within Chattanooga), and it is a pain in the posterior.

Jim Adams
07-17-2007, 22:25
didn't know anything about this!!!!!!!

will call tomorrow ASAP

geek

Newb
07-18-2007, 11:48
***? No Ms. Janet's on my thru hike? (despair sets in...)

Nean
07-18-2007, 14:04
Dang! :(
Well :-? , as much as we loved our place on the AT, we ended up in a place that we mostly enjoy better.:o I'm thinking you will end up in a place you enjoy even more too!;)
Heckfire, come stay with us MissJ, the Divide needs YOU and we love you!!!

Gadog430
07-18-2007, 15:54
Everything happens for a reason. We just have to have patience.

You are in my thoughts as you find this exciting and new path in your life.

Dawg

mweinstone
07-18-2007, 16:23
some things ill require.
dirt from yard
vial of stinky hiker oder
paint chip from front porch
napkin with doorknob residue wiped on it
roll of tp from downstairs bath.
cardboard box used as hiker box
lock of janets hair
spoon from kitchen
photo of bootdryers in actual position
lock of fabians hair
sign from bath instructing to wipe ledge of tub after use
can of food from kitchen
napkin with lint from tv screen used to watch trail vids
dryer lint
whith these my slave labor underground scientists i keep in the lexlutherlike laire , will be able to wip up the new hostel from these.
or, you could make keychains with bits of house in them and raise money. we would eat your house if we could. im just sayin,...your that good lady.

Miss Janet
07-26-2007, 16:07
Just a quick note to update...

I have been involved with meetings with the Tennessee Department of Tourism, the local paper "outed" my closing and gave the locals my future plan. It's all good. I am still looking a property... the problem is that each property is sooo different and some of the plans have to be looked at with certian specs in mind. I have met with the city planner and the building inspector and have gained thier support. Actually, they said they would be glad to help if I promse not to try to rebuild within the city!! I think they redid all of their zoning laws so that a"Miss Janet's House" can not happen within the city limits ever again. He called his experiences with me "a sharp learning curve" Is that a bad thing??

I do hope to have more of an update soon. Not having the internet makes it very hard to stay in touch. Heck, just trying to catch up with Whiteblazes prolific posters is an all day excuse not to be packing and cleaning!!!

I hope everyone is well and having a great summer...

StarLyte
07-26-2007, 16:47
Nice try Nean. :p