PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys i need your help!

alexboquist
07-17-2007, 19:15
someone give me a trailname please!

JDCool1
07-17-2007, 19:18
Don't worry, trail names, for the most part, will just happen. something you do on the trail or some name someone calls you due to some kind of idiosyncracy of yours as you hike day by day. Anxiety only fuels itself.

saimyoji
07-17-2007, 19:48

Sphincter Spelunker. You asked....:rolleyes:

The Weasel
07-17-2007, 19:51
Don't worry, trail names, for the most part, will just happen. something you do on the trail or some name someone calls you due to some kind of idiosyncracy of yours as you hike day by day. Anxiety only fuels itself.

As Cool says, trail names are part of Trail Zen: You don't ask for one, or name yourself; they find you. You can pick your own, of course, but then it's just letters and a statement of sorts about yourself. But you already have a name. So why not wait for people who you find along the trail to see who you are, and to illuminate you with it. A name is a blessing; once, they were bestowed by parents not because they were "cute", but because they described a trait that parents saw, or hoped to see, in someone: Alex, for instance, is from the Greek "to defend," so perhaps once your name would have been given to a child whose parents hoped he would defend them, or their culture. Other names are known in history: Charlemagne, or "Charles the Great." Rufus, for "red beard." I'm sure you can think of others.

So too with Trail Names. Others will see something about you that describes who you are to them, that you agree is a good thing. Let it happen; you will not merely be grateful, but warmed.

The Weasel (and there lies a tale...)

Yahtzee
07-17-2007, 20:23
........Bodog

Appalachian Tater
07-17-2007, 21:01
Karate Kid

superman
07-17-2007, 21:06
Bo Jest....
no charge

WalkingStick75
07-17-2007, 22:28
THE WEASEL is right. The name finds you, Just enjoy the hike.

Chaco Taco
07-17-2007, 23:08

Patience, a name has to find you through someone else. PLus its given to you on the trail among your trail peers. If you get a name here, it wont mean as much because no one knows you. It could be from a feature or the way you look that reminds someone of something.
Good luck and welcome to WB:welcome

jlb2012
07-18-2007, 07:53
Bo Jest....

or perhaps more accurately "Beau Geste"

sixhusbands
07-18-2007, 08:02
I have met many AT hikers that had just their name. Such as Just John, Just Kate... you get the picture. Some person or event will happen and then you get the name. My trail name came from the trail that I was on.. go figure! If you do not get one , then you have a unique trail name in just .......

Wanderingson
07-18-2007, 08:40
Hey Kid,

No need to get ahead of yourself. I see from your profile you are 15yo. Once you get out on the trail a little with friends or family, you will do something to earn an approprite name. Glad to see you are reaching out to folks for information. Feel free to search topics in here and if you don't see any other threads, ask away. Stick around and learn from folks who have a lot to offer but sort through some of the more emotional threads to get the information that will be useful to you.

Monkeyboy
07-18-2007, 08:59
"The No Name Kid"

Outlaw
07-18-2007, 12:03
Instead of A-Rod or Rambo, you could be A-Bo. Just a thought.... :D

alexboquist
07-18-2007, 19:31
thanks guys :-)

Israel
07-18-2007, 21:00
I vote for