PDA

View Full Version : Croc's new styles

Topcat
07-18-2007, 12:06
Has anyone tried any of these shoes yet?

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-108-4-crete.aspx?reqid=108&reqProdTypeId=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products

Peaks
01-11-2009, 10:44
From the Glamour.com: Style resolutions to leave behind:

Leave it: Crocs
Much like their trendy-yet-ugly predecessors, Uggs, the rubber moccasins look silly on anyone over age five. Tuck them into the back of your closet and pull them out only when gardening.

Hooch
01-11-2009, 11:24

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-108-4-crete.aspx?reqid=108&reqProdTypeId=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products $40 for a pair of flip-flops? I don't se that happening anytime soon. I really don't understand that obsession people have with the latest "trend setting" brand name this and that. What's wrong with the dollar store flip-flops?

ofthearth
01-11-2009, 15:36

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-108-4-crete.aspx?reqid=108&reqProdTypeId=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products

Don't have the toe kind but did end up with a pair that go over the instep. Comfortable and they have held up very well. Not to good for hiking though as your foot tends to slip out on slopes. Better the type with the strap.

$40 for a pair of flip-flops? I don't se that happening anytime soon. I really don't understand that obsession people have with the latest "trend setting" brand name this and that. What's wrong with the dollar store flip-flops?

$300 for a pack? I don't se that happening anytime soon. I really don't understand that obsession people have with the latest "trend setting" brand name this and that. What's wrong with the K-mart pack ;)?

Hooch
01-11-2009, 15:41
What's wrong with the K-mart pack ;)?K-Mart doesn't carry a good, comfortable, well constructed pack. :banana

ofthearth
01-11-2009, 15:55
K-Mart doesn't carry a good, comfortable, well constructed pack. :banana
My point. :banana

And the inexpensive flip-flops and I have found are not as comfortable, or well constructed. Just me. I rather spend the money and have them last which has not been the case with others I've tried.

KG4FAM
01-11-2009, 15:56
They are not light(assumed based on other crocs models). They are not cheap. They have no features that make up for these two detractors. They have no place in my pack.

toddhiker
01-11-2009, 17:53
I have a pair, despite all the GLARING problems others listed ABOVE!!!! The horror!

They're the ONLY pair of flipflops I've found comfortable. Just me.

Wouldn't hike in 'em, though.

Frosty
01-11-2009, 17:59
K-Mart doesn't carry a good, comfortable, well constructed pack. :bananaor good, comfortable, well-constructed one dollar flip-flops, which was the point the other poster was making.

Point is, sometimes the cheapest isn't the best, and sometimes it is worth the extra money for better gear.

hnryclay
01-11-2009, 18:15
Have you tried Tevas, or Reef sandals, more comfortable, AND you don't look as ridiculous.

ofthearth
01-11-2009, 18:26
Have you tried Tevas, or Reef sandals, more comfortable, AND you don't look as ridiculous.

Have got a pair of Reefs but I think I managed to strech them a bit by kneeling in them to often. Somehow the thought of hikers being concerned about looks :-?:eek:............ not sure the crocs are my problem :rolleyes:.

buckwheat
01-11-2009, 18:38
Wouldn't hike in 'em, though.

Dude, would you be seen in them? :eek:

buckwheat
01-11-2009, 18:41
Seriously though ... Croc's are very expensive. On the other hand croks ... with the lower case C ... can be had at Wal-Mart for almost nothing. Crocs, with a Capital C cost $40 so that elite New Yorkers can subsidize the croks we get at Wal-Mart.

They're great for fording stream. Lightweight, yet can take the abuse of a rocky riverbed. Cut the toes off to save precious ozs.