PDA

View Full Version : ULA Catalyst Pics Wanted!

headchange4u
07-18-2007, 15:28
I just bought a used ULA Catalyst. The only option that it came with is the dual stay frame sheet. I know I can send it back to ULA to have other options added, but they are going to be closing down from Aug. 1 until December, so I don't think I will have time to send it for any modifacations.

I also do a lot of my own DIY gear and I am pretty handy with a sewing machine so I thought that I may be able to add any options that I want on the pack myself.

My only problem is that I have never seen a Catalyst, let alone a Catalyst with all the options. I was wondering if any of you have some pics of these options on your Catalyst:

Internal Stash Pocket
Hydration Sleeve
Water Bottle Holders

I tried looking around the net for some pics but I couldn'r find anything showing what I wanted. Some good pics on how these items are attached would be great. Any help would be appreciated.:sun

Freeleo
07-18-2007, 15:31
i just googled it for images and there are lots of pics:)

Heater
07-18-2007, 15:45
I just bought a used ULA Catalyst. The only option that it came with is the dual stay frame sheet. I know I can send it back to ULA to have other options added, but they are going to be closing down from Aug. 1 until December, so I don't think I will have time to send it for any modifacations.

I also do a lot of my own DIY gear and I am pretty handy with a sewing machine so I thought that I may be able to add any options that I want on the pack myself.

My only problem is that I have never seen a Catalyst, let alone a Catalyst with all the options. I was wondering if any of you have some pics of these options on your Catalyst:

Internal Stash Pocket
Hydration Sleeve
Water Bottle Holders

I tried looking around the net for some pics but I couldn'r find anything showing what I wanted. Some good pics on how these items are attached would be great. Any help would be appreciated.:sun

Sorry. no pics but:

The bottle holders are easily added yourself. They are just the elastic loops hooked onto the straps.

The water bag sleeve is about a 9X15 sleeve that attaches to some loops sen into the top of the "back" side of the pack. The Stash is a 6X8 mesh zippered bag that attaches to the top of the "front" side of the pack. They probably preinstalls these loops on all packs but I am not sure. Do you have these loops? I so, you could easily make your own Stash bag and Water pocket without modifying the pack.

HTH.

headchange4u
07-18-2007, 16:25
i just googled it for images and there are lots of pics:)

I looked fo pic through Google images, and didn't see any pics detailed enough.

headchange4u
07-18-2007, 16:39
I saw some pics on the ULA website of the hydration sleeve and internal stash pocket. and the look like they just clip onto the pack somewhere. Are there some sort of loops already in the pack that the option thing just fasten to? Is it that easy?

Freeleo
07-18-2007, 16:39
you have most likely been to the sight i assume but in case you have not

http://www.ula-equipment.com/catalyst.htm

i am sure if you wait long enough soemone who owns this pack will post or send you some pics

peace
jch

buckowens
07-18-2007, 17:00

Internal Stash Pocket
Hydration Sleeve
Water Bottle Holders

headchange4u,

I get my Catalyst this Friday, and will be happy to photograph for you. Just got a 10 mp camera after my other died on the trail, so it should do a good job. I ordered the dual main stays, one wb holder, internal stash and the hydration sleeve.

Let me know if you get some from someone else.

headchange4u
07-18-2007, 17:06
headchange4u,

I get my Catalyst this Friday, and will be happy to photograph for you. Just got a 10 mp camera after my other died on the trail, so it should do a good job. I ordered the dual main stays, one wb holder, internal stash and the hydration sleeve.

Let me know if you get some from someone else.

That would be awesome. Thanks a million.

buckowens
07-22-2007, 10:06
Head Change,

I sent you an email and will forward the pictures when I get your address.

This looks like a very well thought out piece of equipment.I got one at the recommendation of some thrus that I met while hiking, and the recommendations posted here. Mine weighs 51 oz. (3lb 3oz. if you're slow in math like I am...) with the few options I got. I immediately saved over 4 pounds empty weight from my Gregory Whitney. Can't wait to give this one a shot.:D