PDA

View Full Version : jetboil utensil kit?

humunuku
07-18-2007, 17:37
anyone use these yet (or see)? http://www.jetboil.com/Products/Accessories/Utensil-Kit

Quoddy
07-18-2007, 17:46
I used them on short hike recently. Nicely sized and they're quite compact when closed, but just don't look like they'll hold up for the long haul. Maybe the material is stronger than it looks, but I carried a back-up spoon.

iliketacos
07-19-2007, 12:20
I have not used, nor have I seen these utensils but they look kinda flimsy, I used a long handled REI metal spoon on my section hike and it worked out fine. Unless you plan on doing some serious cooking I would wonder what you need that spatula for (as it relates to cooking only-see Bill Murray's kitchen scene in the movie Stripes)? Depending on what Jet Boil cooking system you get you will probably still want to get something with a long handle-I really was happy with just using the long-handled metal spoon. Also, if you lose the retractable plastic thingy or break it while downing half-frozen peanut butter you will be pissed.

jesse
07-19-2007, 12:35
I wish you could buy the spoon by itself. A spoon is the only untinsil I use. If I need a knife I use my pocket knife, If I need a fork I use my fingers.
Does anyone else sell the telescopic spoon?

OldStormcrow
07-19-2007, 13:58
The frying pan attachment for the Jetboil looked much more useful than the utensils. Makes it a little easier to actually cook on a Jetboil, rather than just boiling. For utensils all you need is a swiss army knife and a couple of plastic spoons.