PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Trail

Marta
07-18-2007, 21:46
We get a lot of crap in the mail but this one is possibly the worst. It's a glossy card with a gorgeous photograph of the NC mountains on the cover. The words "Wilderness Trail" are in the upper left, with a PCTA-looking crest next to it. Down at the bottom of the cover it reads "Discover a sanctuary for the human spirit!"

It's an ad for a golf resort community near Banner Elk! Presentations about this marvelous opportunity occur at various snazzy hotels in Charlotte soon. The organizers are "Lifestyle Properties Sales & Marketing."

"Wilderness Trail!" It's anything but.

As my dear son would say, "I think I'm gonna hurl."

Fortunately I'll be out hiking the JMT when these presentations are going on, so I won't be tempted to stage some sort of guerilla action.

Marta/Five-Leaf

warraghiyagey
07-19-2007, 08:15
Maybe they would appreciate a group of smelly thru's to show up and make their wilderness trail presentation a little more authentic.:rolleyes:

Marta
07-19-2007, 09:06
The presentation includes dinner...

Marta
07-19-2007, 09:07
So how's the hike going?

MOWGLI
07-19-2007, 09:58
We get a lot of crap in the mail but this one is possibly the worst. It's a glossy card with a gorgeous photograph of the NC mountains on the cover. The words "Wilderness Trail" are in the upper left, with a PCTA-looking crest next to it. Down at the bottom of the cover it reads "Discover a sanctuary for the human spirit!"

It's an ad for a golf resort community near Banner Elk! Presentations about this marvelous opportunity occur at various snazzy hotels in Charlotte soon. The organizers are "Lifestyle Properties Sales & Marketing."

Bastards! They couldn't find the human spirit with a GPS containing a waypoint to it's exact location.

Marta
07-19-2007, 10:52
Bastards! They couldn't find the human spirit with a GPS containing a waypoint to it's exact location.

I can guarantee you that the picture of the mountains on the cover of the brochure was taken before this monster resort full of McMansions and golf courses goes in, not after.

Marta/Five-Leaf

Uncle Silly
07-22-2007, 17:00
The presentation includes dinner...

will it be AYCE?

Marta
07-23-2007, 13:22
will it be AYCE?

Since I'm not going, I guess I'll never know. :(

Marta/Five-Leaf

CaseyB
07-23-2007, 13:58
Riding through Miami two weeks ago my wife saw a sign advertising "Western NC land for sale".....here come the halfbacks

halfbacks= urban northerner who thought they wanted to move to Florida but don't like the heat, overcrowding, etc., move halfway back home

rainmaker
07-23-2007, 22:04
Riding through Miami two weeks ago my wife saw a sign advertising "Western NC land for sale".....here come the halfbacks

halfbacks= urban northerner who thought they wanted to move to Florida but don't like the heat, overcrowding, etc., move halfway back home

...and insist on telling the locals how they do things up north..

littlelaurel59
07-24-2007, 13:15
Definition of a suburb: a place where developers cut down all the trees, and then name the streets after them.

The same can be said of "resorts."