PDA

View Full Version : Pack Stolen

TOW
07-19-2007, 11:11
Well I got to experience what many a hiker have had to experience here in Damascus this morning. My Gregory Shasta was stolen from the laundrymat. This happened in the span of 45 minutes. I left it there with my clothes in the dryer.

Oh well...........I hate it, I loved that pack.

Hey if any of you see it on the trail, it answers to "You Dang Tumor, Come On!"

dixicritter
07-19-2007, 11:17
I'm so sorry to hear this TOW!

Ewker
07-19-2007, 11:33
well that just sucks, of course it gives you a reason to buy a new one now

Ender
07-19-2007, 11:52
Huge bummer. Hopefully some good citizen turns it in for you.

TOW
07-19-2007, 12:32
well that just sucks, of course it gives you a reason to buy a new one now
Yeah, that's right. Only thing is I can't see that far ahead. I won't be hiking for awhile anyway it seems. The doctor may have found the source that is causing my blood to clot, I hope.

TOW
07-19-2007, 12:35
Huge bummer. Hopefully some good citizen turns it in for you.
I just hope that the three people that were there will come clean. Officer kermit was giving them all a talking to. And they are all from here and not a one of them need it, they don't like to hike I think?

Crazyhorse just came back into town yesterday and gave me an Jansport, I'' have to arrainge a new strap sytem on it though. I'm grateful for it.

Lilred
07-19-2007, 13:46
Yeah, that's right. Only thing is I can't see that far ahead. I won't be hiking for awhile anyway it seems. The doctor may have found the source that is causing my blood to clot, I hope.

TOW I pray they can fix the problem. Keep us posted on it. Sorry to hear about your pack, that really sucks.

Wonder
07-19-2007, 13:55
What a bummer TOW!!! Just saw Crazy Horse....don't think that he reconigized me in my "townie" clothes.......dam...must look too clean cut!

OldStormcrow
07-19-2007, 13:56
Hard to believe in such a nice little trail town like Damascus. Erwin, perhaps, but Damascus? Good luck with your Jansport!

Ewker
07-19-2007, 15:36
What a bummer TOW!!! Just saw Crazy Horse....don't think that he reconigized me in my "townie" clothes.......dam...must look too clean cut!

quick someone take a picture of Wonder in her townie clothes :D

Nightwalker
07-19-2007, 16:04

Dang, man. I was hoping that your health problems were over.

I'll be up there in a day or two. I hope to see you then.

Frank

Lone Wolf
07-19-2007, 16:05
Hard to believe in such a nice little trail town like Damascus. Erwin, perhaps, but Damascus? Good luck with your Jansport!

there's quite a few scumbag thieves in damascus

CaseyB
07-19-2007, 16:09

And one less scumbag hiker.

Lone Wolf
07-19-2007, 16:15
And one less scumbag hiker.

where's the :) after that post?

D'Artagnan
07-19-2007, 16:45
Hey TOW, sorry to hear about the pack but it sounds hopeful on the medical front. I pray that will work out. Keep us posted.

TOW
07-19-2007, 17:01
And I bet it is also because of your scent and good looks. Us hikers are known for our scents when someone can't recognize us, especially when we are on the trail. Know what I mean sister.....?
:D

TOW
07-19-2007, 17:04
Dang, man. I was hoping that your health problems were over.

I'll be up there in a day or two. I hope to see you then.

Frank
I'm leaving tomorrow heading for Severville, Tn to work at the flea market, I've been going down there every weekend for the past 5 weeks. I'll be painting Monday, but Tuesday I will be home because I have to dogsit for some people who are going to be riding the Creeper Trail.

TOW
07-19-2007, 17:05
That ain't no lie............

TOW
07-19-2007, 17:26
Hey TOW, sorry to hear about the pack but it sounds hopeful on the medical front. I pray that will work out. Keep us posted.
Hey bro, you know what? I am very grateful. Golly that pack don't mean nothing to me compared to all the friends I have in my life. You know I was real angry at first, you should have heard me. I'm in the laundry and wearing my One Way Ministries baseball cap and the first thing that comes out of my mouth is "Someone has taken my f******g backpack!" Then I say "Whoops, sorry God forgive me." And then the next sentence I say is "I'd like to find the f******g p***k that took my pack, I'd do this or that!" Then another "Whoops forgive me please." Then "Son of b***h!"

I did this in front of a live audience there too.

As officer Kermit and I are out in front of the laundry, Angie comes running out of Cowboy's screaming "That kid just shoplifted from me!" She was pointing her finger. Kermit and I ran over to her to see where she was pointing at. Then Kermit ran back to his car, flips on the lights and siren and takes off in hot pursuit!

I forget about my pack and run down to the Baptist church thinking if someone is shoplifting, they might have my pack. Kermit can't find the kid with anything and I look thru The Place where this kid is with a group for the pack. But I can tell my very clean pack was not amongst a bunch of dirty smelly packs. In fact it would not be caught dead in such a place...

After this is over, Angie gives me a ride back to the laundry and Kermit shows up to pick up where we left off. By that time I was over it. I did announce to everyone at the laundry "Whoever got my pack, at least come and get the top part of it. It ain't worth much without it, I'll leave it on the front porch of my house across the street."

To top all that off we find that the camera that is set up for security in the laundry does not work.

Oh well, case closed.

TOW

Wonder
07-19-2007, 17:55
This is so sad to me. I moved 500 miles away thinking that I was moving away from all of this stuff. Well, i guess that I was just being overly optimistic.
I hope that the DRs can give you some good news soon! Good luck, bro

TOW
07-19-2007, 17:58
Hey Wonder, we ain't got no worry.........

Wonder
07-19-2007, 17:59
And I bet it is also because of your scent and good looks. Us hikers are known for our scents when someone can't recognize us, especially when we are on the trail. Know what I mean sister.....?
:D

Yeah, I could be accused of regular bathing...though after a day of playing in coffeegrounds, I may not look it. I'm kinda liking the not waking up and wondering what smells only to find that it's me! Shoot, I even put on (gulp) make-up a couple weeks ago! Don't beleive me? Ask Silly........
Anyway, I don't see that happening again anytime soon so, if you see me wearing color...take a pic!

CaseyB
07-19-2007, 19:02
where's the :) after that post?

I could'nt fit into my new lightweight weenie pack:D

How's the hike?

Panzer1
07-19-2007, 21:21
I was reading in a book "WhiteBlaze Fever" that some guys wait until they see hikers walking around in town without packs and then the guys drive to the trail head and look around to see if the hikers stashed their packs on the trail by the road.

I guess the lesson is never leave your pack because they are watching you.

They know where you are going to leave your pack even before you do because they watch hikers all the time and they learn where they can find a pack.

Panzer

minnesotasmith
07-20-2007, 02:41
quick someone take a picture of Wonder in her townie clothes :D

Any picture of Wonder is worth having. She's unquestionably one of the most attractive women hikers I've ever had the luck to see on the AT. (And, she's a nice person, too!)

Yahtzee
07-20-2007, 03:03
MinnesotaSmith and Wonder sittin' in a tree
K I S S I N G
First comes Hot Springs
Then comes Damascus
Then comes WonderSmith
In a Go-lite baby carriage.

Sorry, it's late and I'm getting silly.

Dr O
07-20-2007, 03:07
Well I got to experience what many a hiker have had to experience here in Damascus this morning. My Gregory Shasta was stolen from the laundrymat. This happened in the span of 45 minutes. I left it there with my clothes in the dryer.

Oh that sucks.

I think if I ever leave my pack unattended, I'm going to insert a 2 pound weight into a secret compartment on the pack while I'm away, in a nonobvious way. At least if someone steals it, I'll get to think about the extra weight that jerk is carrying around without even knowing about it. :p

generoll
07-21-2007, 23:35
who's going to carry that weight when you're hiking?

Panzer1
07-22-2007, 00:13
Check E-Bay. Its probably there for sale.

Panzer

minnesotasmith
07-22-2007, 03:51
MinnesotaSmith and Wonder sittin' in a tree
K I S S I N G
First comes Hot Springs
Then comes Damascus
Then comes WonderSmith
In a Go-lite baby carriage.

Sorry, it's late and I'm getting silly.

Any fully heterosexual male hiker is going to have the same assessment of Wonder being an absolute babe that I do. Sadly, she's out of my league, more's the pity...

Wonder
07-22-2007, 10:45
You all flatter me so............:rolleyes: (thanks, I needed it)
Just a tomboy bummin around damascus.......overly caffinated.
Couple hiker wandering around right now! Nightwalker, Java and Colorado all lavished me with beer last night. It felt good to be chilling with my hikin brothers again!

NICKTHEGREEK
07-22-2007, 10:51
who's going to carry that weight when you're hiking?
Another dream crushed by reality.

NICKTHEGREEK
07-22-2007, 10:54
Sorry to hear of your loss. I gather you live in Damascus and carry your laundry in the pack, so you didn't have the rest of your gear stolen.

Wonder
07-22-2007, 10:57
ps......Minnesota, I just found your pic from Big K.....you made it to my fridge!!!

Uncle Silly
07-22-2007, 15:51
Shoot, I even put on (gulp) make-up a couple weeks ago! Don't beleive me? Ask Silly........

i swear i thought i was gonna have a heartattack right then an' there...

Spam
07-22-2007, 19:01
I'm sorry to hear about your pack. I lost my pack this year at Trail Days to some scum bag thief and so did a young man named Shwa ( not sure of spelling) that was thru hiking and he lost everything to include his wallet.Fortunatly the hiking community had him totally reoufitted in just a couple of hours. He only had to wait in town for a new credit card before hitting the trail again. As for myself,I had to head home with a passenger that won a new Golite pack full of swag rubbing it in. Good luck!

TOW
07-23-2007, 07:29
I was reading in a book "WhiteBlaze Fever" that some guys wait until they see hikers walking around in town without packs and then the guys drive to the trail head and look around to see if the hikers stashed their packs on the trail by the road.

I guess the lesson is never leave your pack because they are watching you.

They know where you are going to leave your pack even before you do because they watch hikers all the time and they learn where they can find a pack.

Panzer
After giving it some thought this weekend, my lesson is take my pack with me wherever I go............

TOW
07-23-2007, 07:30
Any picture of Wonder is worth having. She's unquestionably one of the most attractive women hikers I've ever had the luck to see on the AT. (And, she's a nice person, too!)
Sounds like a crush to me!:D

TOW
07-23-2007, 07:34
Sorry to hear of your loss. I gather you live in Damascus and carry your laundry in the pack, so you didn't have the rest of your gear stolen.
No, they left the clothes I had in the dryer. I'd have been one naked person, all my clothes were in there but for a t-shirt I had on and a very holey pair of shorts...

I got a lead this morning on who did it. I don't know if it's a true lead, but the person says it is one of the ones who was in the laundromat when I returned. Maybe he'll get itchy hands again and i can bust him?

Skyline
07-23-2007, 09:04

TOW, that really sucks big time. Both for your loss and Damascus' ongoing crime spree. But I have great news! I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance at Geico!

Well, no, not really...but there is some good news you can use...I have two Gregory Shastas out in my shed just hanging around collecting dust. Have been for years. I'm thinking these might be slightly different than yours--probably circa 1999 or 2000. Both in very good shape, hardly used, both with the add-on side pockets. One green, the other red.

I know you already have a replacement Jansport, but you obviously were in lust with the Shasta--so choose your color and that one's got your name on it. I'll just have to clean it up and find an appropriate box to ship it to you.

If you're interested, please contact me via the internet at www.mvshuttle.com. Phone and e-mail info is there.

Hikerhead
07-23-2007, 13:17
No, they left the clothes I had in the dryer. I'd have been one naked person, all my clothes were in there but for a t-shirt I had on and a very holey pair of shorts...

I got a lead this morning on who did it. I don't know if it's a true lead, but the person says it is one of the ones who was in the laundromat when I returned. Maybe he'll get itchy hands again and i can bust him?

I bet whoever did it has a closet full of packs stolen from Trail Days.

bigben
07-23-2007, 13:24
Or you can just kick his a$$. As long as "he" was a "he," that's what I would do. One split second before he gets his nose broken, he'll either fess up and give you the pack, give you monetary reimbursement, or give you the satisfaction of turning him in to the cops.

And before I get flamed, NO, I am not one to condone violence and I HATE bullies, but there are a few things left in this world that justify an a$$kicking, and in my book, stealing everything someone has while they're paying $8 to wash all their clothes is one of them.

Bigben

Overpass
07-23-2007, 14:41
Or you can just kick his a$$. As long as "he" was a "he," that's what I would do.

I'd say screw that. Pack-stealing scum need hurtin'. Male OR female.

Dr O
07-23-2007, 17:05
I'd say screw that. Pack-stealing scum need hurtin'. Male OR female.

If caught, they should serve as an indentured mule on the victims next thru.

dixicritter
07-23-2007, 17:44
OK... TOW, my advice to you is if you know, or suspect you know who has your pack you should turn them in to the proper authorities and allow them to deal with this the legal way. Taking the law into your own hands would make you no better than the scum who stoled your pack in the first place. :)

TOW
07-23-2007, 17:55
TOW, that really sucks big time. Both for your loss and Damascus' ongoing crime spree. But I have great news! I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance at Geico!

Well, no, not really...but there is some good news you can use...I have two Gregory Shastas out in my shed just hanging around collecting dust. Have been for years. I'm thinking these might be slightly different than yours--probably circa 1999 or 2000. Both in very good shape, hardly used, both with the add-on side pockets. One green, the other red.

I know you already have a replacement Jansport, but you obviously were in lust with the Shasta--so choose your color and that one's got your name on it. I'll just have to clean it up and find an appropriate box to ship it to you.

If you're interested, please contact me via the internet at www.mvshuttle.com (http://www.mvshuttle.com). Phone and e-mail info is there.

i be in touch with ya soon!!!!! yee haw..........you know the only reason i bought the shasta is because jeff patrick at mt rogers outfitters said lone wolf had one and i wasn't about to let lone wolf get away with being the only one in town with one........but now he's got a go lite? well, he can be the only one in town with one of those.........nah, just joshing......i do like the shasta. and you say those have pockets on them? i'm really interested now............

TOW
07-23-2007, 17:56
I bet whoever did it has a closet full of packs stolen from Trail Days.
the one who was pointed out to me has only been living here for about 6 months...........

TOW
07-23-2007, 17:58
Or you can just kick his a$$. As long as "he" was a "he," that's what I would do. One split second before he gets his nose broken, he'll either fess up and give you the pack, give you monetary reimbursement, or give you the satisfaction of turning him in to the cops.

And before I get flamed, NO, I am not one to condone violence and I HATE bullies, but there are a few things left in this world that justify an a$$kicking, and in my book, stealing everything someone has while they're paying $8 to wash all their clothes is one of them.

Bigben
Well I plan on doing my best to set him up, and I sure hope he has itchy fingers. And what you say is not a half bad idea........:-?

TOW
07-23-2007, 17:59
OK... TOW, my advice to you is if you know, or suspect you know who has your pack you should turn them in to the proper authorities and allow them to deal with this the legal way. Taking the law into your own hands would make you no better than the scum who stoled your pack in the first place. :)
I did that today, and they already suspected him............

TOW
07-23-2007, 18:00
I ain't going to do nothing to him, I just want him to get caught..........

Spam
07-23-2007, 21:35
Iffin ya need some help I'll be glad to help ya,that little sucker may have my pack too!

Hikerhead
07-23-2007, 22:03
the one who was pointed out to me has only been living here for about 6 months...........

Trail days was what, two/three months ago?

Does he live up on the hill beside the hiker campground?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-23-2007, 22:15
Gentlemen, please don't do anything that will have y'all visiting the crossbar hostel.... let the police do their thing.

TOW
07-24-2007, 08:02
Iffin ya need some help I'll be glad to help ya,that little sucker may have my pack too!
me thinks he lives in that vicinity..............but i'm not so interested in where he lives, i just want to lure him out........then we, me and the law enjoyment officers will sting him if he is indeed the man with itchy fingers......and i know if i cook the officers a big ole plate of chicken they will surely let me break his little fingers so that he won't be able to do this kind of thing for awhile...........then i'll pray for him..........

what do ya all think.........?

CaseyB
07-24-2007, 08:43
The great thing about having something stolen in D-town is that the suspect list is pretty darn short. Let me guess, Larry, your perp is often seen shirtless hanging around the car wash? (or one of his relatives)
Stuff gets stolen everywhere. The neverending "Damascus crime watch" on Whiteblaze is probably giving folks the impression that we have some serious issue with criminals here in town. We do not, at least no more so than the rest of the US. Police Chief drug dealers notwithstanding, the only difference between my town & yours is you hear about it here.

Wonder
07-24-2007, 09:48
yeah, I may jinx myself here, but I have stuff unsecured from time to time....still there when I come back. I don't want to think of this little burg as having a crime problem, I just think that because we are so small and so "publicly know" here on whiteblaze, that anything that happens is a big deal. Shoot, where I just moved from, if something less then a car or kidney was stolen, the police wouldn't even blink!

Monkeyboy
07-24-2007, 13:03
Just put a bunch of Super Glue on the shoulder straps, leave it at the laudromat, and then start looking for the new "hunchback" in town!

TOW
07-24-2007, 16:47
The great thing about having something stolen in D-town is that the suspect list is pretty darn short. Let me guess, Larry, your perp is often seen shirtless hanging around the car wash? (or one of his relatives)
Stuff gets stolen everywhere. The neverending "Damascus crime watch" on Whiteblaze is probably giving folks the impression that we have some serious issue with criminals here in town. We do not, at least no more so than the rest of the US. Police Chief drug dealers notwithstanding, the only difference between my town & yours is you hear about it here.
You are so right.

They could come in here and steal my house, but I would still love this town with all my heart.

For all the bad here, there is 100 times more good here. So enough of this talk from me for awhile................

Thankyou for changing the subject..............

minnesotasmith
07-25-2007, 21:13
Just put a bunch of Super Glue on the shoulder straps, leave it at the laudromat, and then start looking for the new "hunchback" in town!

Leave some delicious-looking brownies in the pack that each contain about 8 doses of Ex-Lax. Bet that'd keep them from running around stealing packs for a couple of days... :D

Wonder
07-26-2007, 10:51
Visine works too......got my college roomate to stop stealing from me......

Midway Sam
07-26-2007, 10:59
Visine works too......got my college roomate to stop stealing from me......

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSATANCE WILFULLY ADD VISINE TO ANYONE'S FOOD OR BEVERAGE!!!

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002590.htm
http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/visine.asp

This is referred to as "poisoning" and you can be charged with a crime for doing so.

Alligator
07-26-2007, 11:00
Visine works too......got my college roomate to stop stealing from me......Not cool when your roommate is stealing your brownies:cool: .

Overpass
07-26-2007, 11:52
So...do you guys have a new Police Chief yet?;)

Wonder
07-26-2007, 12:15
Roomate was stealing ALL of my food not to mention other personal belongings as well......then when I finally reported her, she had a friend threaten me with a gun. Fun stuff!

No police chief as far as I know, and it's hard to live here without knowing everything about everyone.............usually more then there is to know!

Creek Dancer
07-26-2007, 12:39
There was a kid in high school who kept stealing my lunch out of my locker. No locks in those days. I finally got fed up and laced my sandwhich with that powder that they use to use to mark meat products with codes or whatever. Can't remember the name of the stuff, but it is nearly transparent and it only turns blue when it comes into contact with moisture. Well, needless to say, by that afternoon, her mouth and hands were bright blue from the stuff. And the blue didn't wear off for weeks. She never stole my lunch again.:banana

TOW, do you know any butchers that could help you out?

Panzer1
07-26-2007, 12:41
......then when I finally reported her, she had a friend threaten me with a gun.

Did you report that to the police?

Panzer

Skyline
07-26-2007, 13:34
DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSATANCE WILFULLY ADD VISINE TO ANYONE'S FOOD OR BEVERAGE!!!

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002590.htm
http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/visine.asp

This is referred to as "poisoning" and you can be charged with a crime for doing so.

Ouch! Half a lifetime ago I knew of a bartender who used Visine to take care of rowdy, a-hole customers who were involved in bar fights or were trying to provoke one. Allegedly he would put one drop of Visine in their drink. Less than 30 minutes later they were no longer a problem. They would, according to him, get weak and calm down, get sick, and LEAVE THE BAR (his goal).

But I had no idea it was so dangerous! I doubt he did either. Guess he was fortunate no one died or was permanently impaired.

Panzer1
07-26-2007, 20:15
Allegedly he would put one drop of Visine in their drink. Less than 30 minutes later they were no longer a problem. They would, according to him, get weak and calm down, get sick, and LEAVE THE BAR (his goal).

I kind of doubt that just one drop could have that effect. After all you can put 2 or 3 drops in each eye with no ill effect and the drops must in some way be absorbed into your body.

Panzer

TOW
07-27-2007, 08:04
while cooking in vegas, the story was passed around that back in the old days when someone was suspected of card counting and they could not catch them, a drop or two of visine in their drink would get the desired person away from the table...........they claimed it only gave them the craps........

generoll
07-27-2007, 08:14
I think there's a significant difference between two or three drops and two or 3 mls.

Lilred
07-27-2007, 11:34
I used to bartend back in my younger days and I had heard of people doing the visine thing. Supposedly it would give one the runs.

There are three drops in every mL. I used to work in a genetics lab.

generoll
07-27-2007, 12:25
sorry lil red, check it out. while gtt can vary, if you have any kind of a graduate you will note that it takes about 15 to make a cc. I still work in healthcare, for what it's worth.

Wonder
07-27-2007, 13:59
Did you report that to the police?

Panzer

yeah, it was a long time ago..........I dropped out of school within weeks of that inccident

Dances with Mice
07-27-2007, 14:55
sorry lil red, check it out. while gtt can vary, if you have any kind of a graduate you will note that it takes about 15 to make a cc. I still work in healthcare, for what it's worth.When I learn a new juggling trick it may be as high as one drop per throw, perhaps as many as 50 drops per minute with small props. When I tried five clubs the drop/throw ratio was even higher than 1 since I dropped some clubs before I threw them. Maybe we're talking about different things.

How many drops of liquid per milliliter? The best answer is "it depends". In short, it depends on the liquid and dropper. I should probably quit writing and everyone quit reading NOW.

You were warned....the variables influencing drop size include the liquid's density, surface tension, flow rate and viscosity, and the dropper's nozzle size, shape and composition. A drop of hexane from a micropippette will have different volume than a drop of water from an eyedropper. Or honey from a spoon.

BUT the cool thing is that for any given dropper and liquid, the drop sizes are uniform, otherwise taking a shower would be more interesting. So once you calibrate how many drops it takes from your dropper for your liquid to make a ml, it will stay constant.

Bottom line: everyone could be right.

generoll
07-27-2007, 17:58
Dances is correct. Drop size depends on the dropper. A standard i.v. drop is usually 15 drops per c.c.. A microdrip is usually 60 dropps per c.c.. Makes it easier to count the cc/hr if you know how many drops make an ml.

Lilred
07-28-2007, 13:52
That makes sense I know a drop from a micropipette is smaller than an eyedropper. fwiw, I was referring to the use of an eyedropper. In our lab, three drops was a mL. How that measures up to a drip from an IV, I don't know.

Any news on the Pack TOW? I hope you catch this guy. Keep us posted on the health issues too. Wishing you all the best.

Kiyu
07-28-2007, 17:36
Apparently there is a standard....probably water at some standard condition.....15.41963 drops per cc. according to Convert.
http://joshmadison.com/software/convert/
The best thing since sliced bread....better actually...it's a freebee.

generoll
07-28-2007, 18:30
i suspect the lilred is thinking of a microliter rather then a mililiter. i'm pretty sure that the volumes used in a genetics lab are a lot smaller then what is normally given clinically. take a look at a Visine bottle. The entire contents probably don't exceed 3cc. i'm sure that 3 drops would be a minor dose.

as to poisoning someones drink, and assuming that Visine is a poison, if I "posion" your drink then I guess I'm a bad person. If I "poison" my drink and you steal my drink, T.S..

saimyoji
07-28-2007, 18:41
as to poisoning someones drink, and assuming that Visine is a poison, if I "posion" your drink then I guess I'm a bad person. If I "poison" my drink and you steal my drink, T.S..

Not if your intent was for that person to consume the poison. Then its conspiracy to poison, or some fancy legal lingo.

I guess if you could show that you always drink your drink with Visine, and someone drank it and got sick you'd be okay. :-?

generoll
07-28-2007, 19:17
prove it..........

Dances with Mice
07-28-2007, 20:11
prove it..........There's the kicker.

Meanwhile, I'm working on developing a shotgun shell loaded with Dippin' Dots ice cream pellets. I just want to read the Crime Lab's report on that one.

Midway Sam
07-28-2007, 20:23
prove it..........

:: Midway Sam takes note to avoid generoll at all costs ::

Sheesh, what a pathetic comment. You would actually wilfully try to harm a person with a sustance that has been known to kill just because they drank your $1.50 longneck!?

Unbelievable.

Skidsteer
07-28-2007, 20:35
:: Midway Sam takes note to avoid generoll at all costs ::

Sheesh, what a pathetic comment. You would actually wilfully try to harm a person with a sustance that has been known to kill just because they drank your $1.50 longneck!?

Unbelievable.

So long as you don't steal another man's drink, you've nothing to worry about.

dixicritter
07-28-2007, 21:24
Oh my goodness, y'all find some silly things to argue about. My kids don't argue this much. :rolleyes:

generoll
07-28-2007, 22:50
you're right Dixie. I really need to get out more. October can't come soon enough.

Lilred
07-29-2007, 15:43
i suspect the lilred is thinking of a microliter rather then a mililiter. i'm pretty sure that the volumes used in a genetics lab are a lot smaller then what is normally given clinically. take a look at a Visine bottle. The entire contents probably don't exceed 3cc. i'm sure that 3 drops would be a minor dose.

OMG!! LOLOL you're absolutely right. We measured in microliters. Good Grief, it's been over a decade since then. But dang if I didn't remember it was three drops.... LOL

Hikerhead
08-01-2007, 23:20
There was a kid in high school who kept stealing my lunch out of my locker. No locks in those days. I finally got fed up and laced my sandwhich with that powder that they use to use to mark meat products with codes or whatever. Can't remember the name of the stuff, but it is nearly transparent and it only turns blue when it comes into contact with moisture. Well, needless to say, by that afternoon, her mouth and hands were bright blue from the stuff. And the blue didn't wear off for week

Now that is a funny story. :)

TOW
08-02-2007, 08:08
anyone find my pack yet?

TOW
08-13-2007, 07:18

If you're interested, please contact me via the internet at www.mvshuttle.com (http://www.mvshuttle.com). Phone and e-mail info is there.
Just a quick note to you Skyline thanking you for that Shasta you sent me, it is exactly like the one that I had stolen. many thanks man!

Skyline
08-13-2007, 09:35
Just a quick note to you Skyline thanking you for that Shasta you sent me, it is exactly like the one that I had stolen. many thanks man!

I'm glad you got it OK, and it will be put to good use. It's a heavy son-of-a-gun, ain't it?

Gray Blazer
08-13-2007, 10:39
Not if your intent was for that person to consume the poison. Then its conspiracy to poison, or some fancy legal lingo.

I guess if you could show that you always drink your drink with Visine, and someone drank it and got sick you'd be okay. :-?

Kinda like that poison in the Princess Bride that the Dread Pirate Roberts had built a tolerance for? Inconceivable!! Hey Larry, I'm back (online that is).

Lugnut
08-13-2007, 13:28
Well Skyline, this is all very suspicious! An "exact" duplicate? Do you have an alibi that you were not in Damascus on the 17th of July? :-?
Just kidding. It's good to see random acts of kindness - especially when Larry is the recipient. :banana

passinBYE
08-13-2007, 14:00
Thanks for bringing this thread back on track.

Skyline
08-13-2007, 15:37
Well Skyline, this is all very suspicious! An "exact" duplicate? Do you have an alibi that you were not in Damascus on the 17th of July? :-?
Just kidding. It's good to see random acts of kindness - especially when Larry is the recipient. :banana

Couldn't be exact. The one I shipped had side pockets. The Shasta didn't weigh enough by itself, I had to add more.

Trust me, I wasn't about to use it again. TOW should get some use out of it if he's willing to carry the weight.

TOW
08-13-2007, 16:59
I'm glad you got it OK, and it will be put to good use. It's a heavy son-of-a-gun, ain't it?
Being a big boy, it fits just fine.................

TOW
08-13-2007, 17:02
Kinda like that poison in the Princess Bride that the Dread Pirate Roberts had built a tolerance for? Inconceivable!! Hey Larry, I'm back (online that is).
Hey GB, thanks for that beautiful pic of the trail you left on my front porch, it is hanging on the wall for all to see. Folks if you want a pic that will bring back memories of your hiking experience then you need to consider my friend Gray Blazer here because he is undoubtedly one of the finest photographers I have ever had the opportunity of witnessing his work.

TOW
08-13-2007, 17:05
Couldn't be exact. The one I shipped had side pockets. The Shasta didn't weigh enough by itself, I had to add more.

Trust me, I wasn't about to use it again. TOW should get some use out of it if he's willing to carry the weight.
being a sufferer of dunlop disease i should not have much of a problem..........and thanx lugnut for the compliment.......by the way be on the look out for terry7, he will be hiking north out of here tomorrow until the winds turns cold........

Lilred
08-13-2007, 17:07
I second that TOW. Saw his work at Ron Haven's bash and they were awesome!! Beautiful frames too.

Heater
08-14-2007, 07:10
being a sufferer of dunlop disease i should not have much of a problem..........and thanx lugnut for the compliment.......by the way be on the look out for terry7, he will be hiking north out of here tomorrow until the winds turns cold........

Speaking of Dunlop disease, I noticed "toolshed" changed his username to DSoTM. (Dark Side of The Moon)

I have wondered is it is a result of girth expansion. :-?

Gray Blazer
08-14-2007, 14:05
Thanks Larry and Lil Red (say hi to Mick for me) for the kind words.