PDA

View Full Version : camp ground

wolf
07-22-2007, 19:42
what is the best place to camp,dennytown road or fahnestock state park?:confused:

SawnieRobertson
07-22-2007, 20:45
Dennytown Road. Anywhere but that state park.--Kinnickinic

Footslogger
07-22-2007, 20:46
Isn't "Nuclear Lake" in that general area ??

'Slogger

2XL
07-22-2007, 20:51
Isn't "Nuclear Lake" in that general area ??

'Slogger

Nuclear Lake is about 15-20 miles north of Fahnestock

jamarshall
07-22-2007, 21:17
State park if you want showers and flush toilets. Truck camped there on my way to the CT/NY border.

Dennystown if you can stand the pit privy (nasty one) and can find a spot to camp up in the pine trees. It was a mess this spring when I went through.

Alligator
07-22-2007, 21:56
I was at Dennytown recently. Keep your food hung as there is this lightening fast skunk that likes to check out food bags. I was there midweek. It's real close to the road, but I was the only one there. Could be real different on the weekend.

Yahtzee
07-22-2007, 23:51
Camped at Dennytown recently. If you are passing thru on a weekend I would recommend loading up on water at the spigot and pressing on to find a spot in the woods. It is one helluva party spot. I know if I lived there I would party there on the weekends. There are at least 10 fire pits located in two openings (one below and one up a trail). When I was there there was a very loud group camping next to us. All sorts of racket. Thought trouble might be a brewing. Turned out to be some sort of teenage ROTC-type deal.

The water situation in that area is brutal. As in, you walk the mile down to Fahnestock or stop at Dennytown and push on. There are no other available water sources for miles and miles.

John Klein
07-23-2007, 19:53
It is one helluva party spot. I know if I lived there I would party there on the weekends. There are at least 10 fire pits located in two openings (one below and one up a trail). When I was there there was a very loud group camping next to us. All sorts of racket. Thought trouble might be a brewing. Turned out to be some sort of teenage ROTC-type deal.
The same is true for Fahnestock on weekends. I used to live up there. People in the NYC and its suburbs consider the Fahnestock area the backcountry.