PDA

View Full Version : Hiker Filter Adapter for Sigg?

TheBulgarian
07-23-2007, 15:32
Hey Guys - I just bought 2 Sigg 1 liter metal water bottles to replace my old Nalgene bottles. Problem is, Pur (now Katadyn) doesn't seem to make an adapter for the Hiker water filter to match the narrow Sigg mouth. Anybody have any leads on an adapter which will work with the Sigg bottles? Thanks!

refreeman
07-23-2007, 22:19
TheBulgarian,

The First Need Deluxe Portable Purifier by General Ecology Inc. screw onto both the Sigg and Nalgene bottles. A perfect fit to both bottles with no need for any adapters. The filter section of the purifier has threading on its bottom so the water goes directly from the purifier to the bottle.

The First Need Deluxe Portable Purifier, as the name states is a water purifier. Many other products are just water filters, removing only some of the contaminants in the water. However, The First Need Deluxe removes EVERYTHING, the water come out 99.9% pure. First Need Deluxe removes all the bacteria, viruses and chemicals.

Here is a link to the US Military’s analysis and comparison of water filer/purification products.
http://chppm-www.apgea.army.mil/wpd/CompareDevices.aspx

I've used the First Need Deluxe for years and love the taste of its purified water. It works perfectly. I also use Sigg bottles, a very healthy solution to water storage and transportation (no leeching into the beverage as Lexan does). Be sure to buy some neoprene covers for the Sigg bottles. They will keep you water cool longer and protect the bottles from being dented or scratched. Sigg charges to much for their neoprene, so have a look on eBay or go to a dollar store. eBay was the best place for 1 a liter neoprene cover for Sigg, about $4 shipped if you bought 3. Do an ebay seach for - Neoprene BYO. BYO is the brand of Neoprene covers, actually made for wine bottles, but work perfectly for Sigg bottles.

TheBulgarian
07-24-2007, 11:01
Thank you so much, refreeman. I can't seem to get a reply out of either Sigg or Katadyn. I wasn't really in the market for a new filter/purifier, but the First Need sounds like the way to go. Also, thanks for the info on the neoprene covers. Amazing that changing just one thing - water bottle brand - leads to a change in water bottle size which leads to a change in filter/purifier which leads to a change in bottle carrying devices. Most everything on the market is oriented toward Nalgene, for some reason.

Again, thanks.