PDA

View Full Version : Southbound info

EMAN
07-24-2007, 12:23
Seeking info on the SOBO possiibilities. The best articles or books to read, ala, The Happy Side of Misery, something like that.
Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated.

QHShowoman
07-24-2007, 12:29
Have you tried reading some of the past journals of AT Thru-Hikers on Trailjournals.com? You can sort by direction, which is helpful. One of my fave SB journals is this one:

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=2322

Cuffs
07-24-2007, 12:29
EMAN!

Where you been? I was supposed to go SOBO this year, obviously not! But have now decided on 2009. See you then?!?!

Jaybird
07-24-2007, 12:32
Seeking info on the SOBO possiibilities. The best articles or books to read, ala, The Happy Side of Misery, something like that.
Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated.

check out this website:

http://www.southbounders.com/

good luck with the hike!:D

EMAN
07-24-2007, 13:30
I went to the journals today but I am at work (yep...a little surfing on the ol' co. computer...probably see me on 60 Minutes real soon...hahaha) and haven't had time to sort through them. I figured that would be a good place to start but thought, as with the suggested entries and website mentoned here, that I might save some time and get the best first.
AHG...in the process of losing weight (35 lbs so far) to make the possibility of a trail hike healthier and more realistic. Made some financial changes to help as well. I'm thinking maybe 2010.
Out a weekend or two a month locally. I can already tell a diff in the knees and stamina.
Thanks folks!

Skidsteer
07-24-2007, 17:52
I went to the journals today but I am at work (yep...a little surfing on the ol' co. computer...probably see me on 60 Minutes real soon...hahaha) and haven't had time to sort through them. I figured that would be a good place to start but thought, as with the suggested entries and website mentoned here, that I might save some time and get the best first.
AHG...in the process of losing weight (35 lbs so far) to make the possibility of a trail hike healthier and more realistic. Made some financial changes to help as well. I'm thinking maybe 2010.
Out a weekend or two a month locally. I can already tell a diff in the knees and stamina.
Thanks folks!

35 lbs.? That's awesome man!