PDA

View Full Version : 2000 posts...

Mags
07-26-2007, 14:22
Some time in the past day or two I just passed 2000 posts.

Damn I goof off during work way too much......

Footslogger
07-26-2007, 14:47
Do you get a "2000 Poster" patch for that ??

'Slogger

Mags
07-26-2007, 14:54

'Slogger

Only if I am a purist poster. I can be a non-pure 2000 Poster if there is an emergency in which the official posting method is not available.

Some would argue that if I typed my posts without a full computer (e.g. using a laptop or a Blackberry), then I am not truly 2000 Poster eligible.

Since I did break my posting up into several sections over three years, I don't know if I should call myself a thru-poster or not.

Of course, all this posting may contain some snivelling..so though I did POST 2000 posts, I do not know if Sgt. Rock will give me the 2000 Post patch.

Sigh..this is way too complicated.

I hear posting out West is far less complicated. There is no real official way to post and in some places there is not even a place to really post.

Heater
07-26-2007, 15:05
Only if I am a purist poster. I can be a non-pure 2000 Poster if there is an emergency in which the official posting method is not available.

Some would argue that if I typed my posts without a full computer (e.g. using a laptop or a Blackberry), then I am not truly 2000 Poster eligible.

Since I did break my posting up into several sections over three years, I don't know if I should call myself a thru-poster or not.

Of course, all this posting may contain some snivelling..so though I did POST 2000 posts, I do not know if Sgt. Rock will give me the 2000 Post patch.

I hear posting out West is far less complicated. There is no real official way to post and in some places there is not even a place to really post.

I personally see nothing wrong with it but there was the blue posting to the Denver newspaper during yout CDT hike.

Footslogger
07-26-2007, 15:05
[quote=Mags;384635]Only if I am a purist poster.

=====================================

Well, the name of the site is Whiteblaze after all !! Doesn't get much more pure than that ...unless of course you have been spending a lot of time in the blue blaze forum.

'Slogger

Jimmers
07-26-2007, 15:07
Congratulations on your 2000th post! And remember, as long as you're writing your own posts, it's all good.:D

emerald
07-26-2007, 15:14
Didn't you post more than 2000 of your posts from points west of the Mississippi River?

In that case, don't Western rules apply? Our server resides west of The Mississippi from what I've heard, but, it's true, this Trail about which we post still remains in the east last I checked.

If I ever get to 2000 posts, I think I'll just skip the patch. Where could I put it where it would be seen while I'm WhiteBlazing anyway?

Mags
07-26-2007, 15:24
Didn't you post more than 2000 of your posts from points west of the Mississippi River?

In that case, don't Western rules apply? Our server resides west of The Mississippi from what I've heard, but, it's true, this Trail about which we post still remains in the east last I checked.

All true. As I said, WAY complicated. Only our Admins can decide if I am truly elgible for the 2000 Poster patch.

I am posting out here in the Rockies...but the site is indeed a site dedicated to an Eastern trail. :-?

If I ever get to 2000 posts, I think I'll just skip the patch. Where could I put it where it would be seen while I'm WhiteBlazing anyway?

Another good question. I suggest placing it within in web cam view so other WBers can see your 2000 Poster patch.

Austex said: I personally see nothing wrong with it but there was the blue posting to the Denver newspaper during yout CDT hike

Ah! But that was seperate. When I did post to WB during my jaunt, it was from a full on library computer. Blue posting is allowed to a Boulder [1] (I can't go to Denver..it is against Boulder by-laws) newspaper as the posting is not as defined out West.

Complicated indeed.

ps. I just go offered a job promotion. My goofing off is paying off! Which means more money so I can blue post from trail towns inthe future. ;)

[1] OK, I am leaving Boulder to go to Denver Saturday night. I must make sure I have all my shots and sip some soy chai lattes before going, though..

dixicritter
07-26-2007, 16:28

This has to be one of the funniest things I've read on WB in a while! LOL... I'll put in a good word for ya with SGT Rock, I might still have some pull there. ;)

StarLyte
07-26-2007, 16:42
I used to drink the water purist,
I used to drink good merlot.
I thought I used to post too much...
but Mags is the man in the know :)

Did he post the most on the MS thread?
Did he post the most of his last hike?
Could he possibly have posted the best on gear?
Doesn't matter how pure, Mags we like. :sun

So Photoshop your avatar Magsbar,
We'll read every damn post you put up
But don't go gettin no big head...
Or Lone Wolf will sweep up your dust :D

Cookerhiker
07-26-2007, 17:24
Some time in the past day or two I just passed 2000 posts.

Damn I goof off during work way too much......

I know the feeling - I just reached 1,000 a few weeks ago. Keep it up but take more time to get out and hike. I'm trying that myself.:o

Mags
07-26-2007, 18:07
Keep it up but take more time to get out and hike. I'm trying that myself.:o

Which is why I try to stay off the computer post-work hours and on weekends.

Now, if only I could be a professional hiking bum...... (My family would argue I already am I. Ahem...)

rickb
07-26-2007, 18:08
Seems like yesterday you were making your first posts over at Trailplace in its glory days.

I am going to cry.

Mags
07-26-2007, 18:10
Seems like yesterday you were making your first posts over at Trailplace in its glory days.

Ah yes... no questions about being a purist Poster there. ;)

(10 years and many hair follicles ago...)

DC: Thanks for the good word. I'll need it!

Starlyte: Your gonna make me blush...

Heater
07-26-2007, 18:27
OK, I am leaving Boulder to go to Denver Saturday night.

Boulder? That's the place infested by space aliens, right? I also heard eggs are 12 dollars a dozen.

Tha Wookie
07-26-2007, 21:24

yeah whatever.... we didn't forget all those lines of copy/paste.... plus i recall a lot of them were in the non-AT forum, which pretty much makes your whole post history a sham. ;)

No really, I don't see what the big deal is about making thousands of posts. I mean, my attitude about it has nothing to do with the fact that no one threw me a surprise party when I past 2K.

Footslogger
07-26-2007, 21:27
[quote=Mags;384751]Ah yes... no questions about being a purist Poster there. ;)

(10 years and many hair follicles ago...)

===================================

You posted THERE ....

That's it, no 2000 Poster award for you !!

Monkeyboy
07-26-2007, 21:28

'Slogger

No....that would be on his 2,175th post....

Footslogger
07-26-2007, 21:29
No....that would be on his 2,175th post....

=================================

...depends on the year !!

'Slogger

Mags
07-27-2007, 10:39
No really, I don't see what the big deal is about making thousands of posts. I mean, my attitude about it has nothing to do with the fact that no one threw me a surprise party when I past 2K.

I think Wookie needs a hug.... EVERYONE! GROUP HUG WOOKIE!

If you are still feeling sad, watch this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7055970764786353371&q=muppets&total=9724&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Better?

I am !

Mahna Mahna!!!!!

Mags
07-27-2007, 10:40
yeah whatever.... we didn't forget all those lines of copy/paste.... plus i recall a lot of them were in the non-AT forum, which pretty much makes your whole post history a sham. ;)

Oh yes..he's right. I am not a purist poster... sigh...

No patch for me......

Footslogger
07-27-2007, 10:43
Oh yes..he's right. I am not a purist poster... sigh...

=====================================

...but the REAL question is ARE YOU A THRU POSTER ??

'Slogger

woodsy
07-27-2007, 11:16
If you've done any postholing since you registered at WB you will be disqualified for the 2000 posts patch. No postholing allowed.:D

sherrill
07-27-2007, 11:22
2,000-Posters: Facts and Statistics

Where do we get these numbers?

It's estimated that thousands of users post on Whiteblaze each year. Most enjoy reading and short postings, but each year a small fraction of those posters reach the 2000 post milestone. How many? Since September 3rd, 2002, more than 372,958 post completions have been recorded by Whiteblaze. This includes thru-posts, multiyear section-posts, and more than can be ever counted by people who have ever posted at “that other site” one or more times. We call all these posters “2,000-posters.”

Mags
07-27-2007, 11:43
If you've done any postholing since you registered at WB you will be disqualified for the 2000 posts patch. No postholing allowed.:D

http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=36&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=15041

Sigh....

Mags
07-27-2007, 11:48
...but the REAL question is ARE YOU A THRU POSTER ??

'Slogger

I will be done through posting for the week at ~5pm today (MDT). However, I do break my posts up into sections at times. Sometime I do post all the way through, though. Some of them are CTRL C and CTRL V jobs though and may not count as truly thru-posting (as Wookie pointed out)

However, Dixie Critter seems to think she may be able to get me a 2000 poster patch.

Some would argue it is dilluting the high standards set up for being a 2000 Poster....

Footslogger
07-27-2007, 12:06
I will be done through posting for the week at ~5pm today (MDT). However, I do break my posts up into sections at times. Sometime I do post all the way through, though. Some of them are CTRL C and CTRL V jobs though and may not count as truly thru-posting (as Wookie pointed out)

=================================

Now that I think of it you have been known to "Cross-Post" now and then ...but around here the PYOP philosophy is followed so I think you're still OK.

'Slogger

woodsy
07-27-2007, 12:10
http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=36&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=15041

Sigh....
Ahh, the incriminating evedience has arisen, lol. I figured us northern tier and Rocky mtn boys and girls would have trouble beating this strict qualification.
We wouldn't want to make it too easy to get that patch now would we?

Two Speed
03-30-2008, 10:22
:bananaWho hoooooo!:banana
:jumpI'm a 2,000 poster!:jump

Doesn't this come with a rocker or something?

ed bell
03-30-2008, 10:31
Now you can be Two Thousand Speed. :)

Two Speed
03-30-2008, 10:34
I appreciate the vote of confidence and everything, but I think I'm gonna pass on that 2,000 Speed thing. Implies I might hike faster than a hurtlin' turtle. We all know that ain't gonna happen.

Sooo, what about that rocker? Dixi? Troll?

dixicritter
03-30-2008, 10:40
I appreciate the vote of confidence and everything, but I think I'm gonna pass on that 2,000 Speed thing. Implies I might hike faster than a hurtlin' turtle. We all know that ain't gonna happen.

Sooo, what about that rocker? Dixi? Troll?

If I recall correctly, it was SGT Rock that had to approve those. ;) Been sniveling much? Posting pure? You know what I'll just put in a good word for ya, how's that? :sun

emerald
03-30-2008, 11:19
Call me a purist if you like, but I thought it takes 2175 posts to earn a patch.;)

Two Speed
03-30-2008, 13:11
If I recall correctly, it was SGT Rock that had to approve those. ;) Been sniveling much? Awww, maaaan, you're always pickin' on me. :mad:
Posting pure?If anyone has ever used my name and the word pure in the same sentence I believe the word ***hole was in there somewhere, too. :D
You know what I'll just put in a good word for ya, how's that? :sunDonations gratefully accepted. At this point I'll take all the help I can get.
Call me a purist if you like, but I thought it takes 2175 posts to earn a patch.;)No problemo, I'll be there in no time. :cool:

emerald
03-30-2008, 15:18
No need to hurry; take your time. You've already made it to Maine -- most don't. Take in the views. Enjoy the water features. You might not see the sights ahead again, you know?;)

Blissful
03-30-2008, 21:19
Call me a purist if you like, but I thought it takes 2175 posts to earn a patch.;)

I still have a little ways to go...

Hey, but I did get my certificate from ATC and rocker patch, that was cool. :)

emerald
03-30-2008, 21:35
Haven't you already made it, since I gave you my posts? Are you not well on your way to completing your second consecutive section-post now?

I couldn't help but notice, you seem to be posting more while hiking than I did while sitting here at home.:confused: :o

Mud season's acomin', but Paul B's still got time accordin' to the snow-pack maps I saw earlier t'day. How long you 'spect it'll take 'im to walk home from Maine once he's dun choppin'?

orangebug
03-30-2008, 21:36
Just noticed that I had passed that threshold, also.

Maybe someday I'll get a life.

emerald
03-30-2008, 21:44
Good luck. I haven't found one yet either. I'm afraid this may be all there is.

dixicritter
03-30-2008, 21:45
Maybe someday I'll get a life.

Where do you get one of those? I've heard of them. What outfitter has sells them?

Mags
03-31-2008, 11:20
Where do you get one of those? I've heard of them. What outfitter has sells them?

I'm still looking for a clue myself. Many people are always telling me to get a clue. Where can I find this item? :-?[

Sly
03-31-2008, 12:29
If it takes only 2000 posts for the need to get a life... where's that leave me? :-?

Marta
03-31-2008, 12:31
If it takes only 2000 posts for the need to get a life... where's that leave me? :-?

You're a quadruple-lifer! And counting...

Sly
03-31-2008, 12:34
You're a quadruple-lifer! And counting...

Yeah, thanks! :mad: As long as my trail miles are greater than my posts I'm OK. :D

Two Speed
03-31-2008, 12:50
Hmmm, looks like I got some serious hikin' to do.

Marta
03-31-2008, 13:33
Yeah, thanks! :mad: As long as my trail miles are greater than my posts I'm OK. :D

That's my excuse for slacking off posting and hiking--I'm spending a lot of time working. I can't let my post count get ahead of my hiking miles. So far I'm safe...

emerald
03-31-2008, 14:26
I can't let my post count get ahead of my hiking miles.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm within my limit, but I could stand to cut back some and may yet, or, then again, may not.