PDA

View Full Version : Water Situation for Bly Gap to NOC

buckowens
07-28-2007, 10:14
Roo and I are planning an end of summer hike next week and wanted to get a feel for the water situation. After Georgia being so dry in mid-June, I wanted to see if anyone had been on this stretch lately? Any help would be appreciated greatly :D .

Pedaling Fool
07-28-2007, 12:09
I went through in April of this year and last year. The water availability this year between Springer and Damascus is much less than last year, but I noticed it got worse the closer I got to Damascus. I would think Bly gap to NOC should be fine. Although, I'd be curious to hear from someone that has been through this section recently.

Ron Haven
07-28-2007, 13:55
I went through in April of this year and last year. The water availability this year between Springer and Damascus is much less than last year, but I noticed it got worse the closer I got to Damascus. I would think Bly gap to NOC should be fine. Although, I'd be curious to hear from someone that has been through this section recently.It is good right now.

buckowens
07-28-2007, 14:19
It is good right now.

Thanks Ron, I appreciate it very much!! Can't wait, as I feel like I am coming home :D .

Ron Haven
07-28-2007, 22:43
Thanks Ron, I appreciate it very much!! Can't wait, as I feel like I am coming home :D .Welcome,Come on down and enjoy NC.:welcome

joec
07-29-2007, 08:21
I am leaving next Sat for a Watuga Lake to Damascus hike. How about the water on this hike. It is plentiful or do I need to pack it in?

billy231
07-29-2007, 13:10
NOBO: Good water at shelters & streams from Deep Gap, NC to NOC. NOC to Fontana Lake - h20 only at shelters.

Altared
08-01-2007, 23:12
We came through Bly Gap on July 7th and went as far as the NOC. There was plenty of water.
I guess there would be...we hiked through a steady downpour for 4 hours that day.
As a matter of fact it rained everyday we were out from July 1st to the 12th.

buckowens
08-05-2007, 17:46
Just got back and found it to be pretty good all the way. Water was no issue at all. There were a few dry spots but others to make up for them. It only rained two of the 5 days, and for less than 4 hours, but boy did it pour!!