PDA

View Full Version : Question about Logon to WhiteBlaze

Bad Ass Turtle
10-21-2003, 11:01
OK, all you WhiteBlaze veterans out there ...this is Footslogger. I just finsihed hiking the AT and came home. While I was out on the trail my wife (Bad Ass Turtle) registered on this site. Now whenever I logon the system automatically recognizes the user on my computer as her. I searched the entire site and can't find a way to logout and then logon as a different user from this computer. I do a Logout, break away from the site and come back and it still recognizes me as her. Is there no way to clear the current user and logon as a different user ??
Have I missed something.

max patch
10-21-2003, 12:02
I'm no computer expert but there is at least one couple thats posts here that has figured out a way to do what you want to do.

You can delete the cookies set by whiteblaze, disconnect from the net, and when you reconnect to the net you can then log on under your name. This will work if you're on dial-up; don't know if it will work if you have an always on connection.

I'm sure there is an easier way to do this but the above will work until someone tells you how.

Welcome to our little (7,000 or so?) club.

chris
10-21-2003, 12:05
Deleting the cookies on the computer will work.

Spirit Walker
10-21-2003, 22:03
Go back to the main forums page and there is a logout button. Then log back in as yourself -- maybe you need to reregister though, your alter ego may have vanished while you are gone. And when you log out, the system clears the cookies for you. Also, when you go to post a reply, there is a logout button next to the "logged in user" - try that.

attroll
10-21-2003, 23:53
Yes if you go back to the main forum page there is a logout link on the top gray bar. If you need a logout button I can provide one on the top of the page with all the other buttons. Just let me know.

Bad Ass Turtle
10-22-2003, 09:14
Footslogger again ...logged on as Bad Ass Turtle. I tried all the above suggestions and still can not get logged on to White Blaze as myself from this computer. It's been quite a while since I've dialed on to Whitelblaze but I thought there was a button that let you "Logon as a Different User"

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated

Footslogger
GA -> <ME 2003
"The Wet Year"

Pedestrian
10-22-2003, 09:59
Click "submit reply" button.
When the screen for Post Reply comes up look at "Logged in user:".
Right next to the name it says logout. Click on that.
Now scroll to the top of the page and click the Home button.
This will now take you to the home page and you will now be a visitor.
Then you can log on.

ATroll:
Maybe you could add a button at the bottom of the home page in the links area. It looks as though you have room there.

attroll
10-22-2003, 13:18
I stuck a logout button on the homepage under the new post button. I hope that works for you.

Bad Ass Turtle
10-22-2003, 21:42
Thanks for adding that button attrol but it doesn't work. When I click it I get "page can not be found". I also tried a suggestion from another member and tried to re-register. The system won't let me re-register because it says I'm already a member.

Looks like I'm screwed ...at least from this computer, which is the one and only system I have at home at this point. I hate logging on and responding to posts that then show my name as Bad Ass Turtle rather than Footslogger.

There just has to be a way to TOTALLY clear your current logon and allow you to logon as a different user. And to think ...prior to my thru-hike this year I was a software analyst. You'd think I'd be able to figure this one out.

Still open for any suggestions. Thanks in advance

Footslogger
GA -> ME 2003
The Wet Year

Hikerhead
10-22-2003, 22:08
I had this same problem too at one time. Easy had to cancel me out and then I had to "Add new user" and open another email account and reregister.

That might help.

attroll
10-23-2003, 00:44
Ok that was my bust. I did not try it after I put it there. Sorry. But I tried it this time and it works now. Please give it a try again and let me know if you have any problems.

attroll
10-23-2003, 13:55
OK. I have your solution. Both users need to do this.

Go to your USER CP, EDIT OPTIONS, change Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies) to NO.

This should do it but you both need to do this.

ShoelessWanderer
05-28-2009, 15:02
I have a question, how do you cancel an account?

RiverWarriorPJ
05-28-2009, 15:26
I have a question, how do you cancel an account?

....wHy..??..!!..:eek:....

ShoelessWanderer
05-28-2009, 15:57
I need to change my user name so it reflects my trailname. However, it will only let you have one user name per email address, and it won't let me change my user name.

Bearpaw
05-28-2009, 16:26
I need to change my user name so it reflects my trailname. However, it will only let you have one user name per email address, and it won't let me change my user name.

Contact Skidsteer, ATTroll, or Alligator (the site admins). They can change your username for you. Folks do it fairly often.

ShoelessWanderer
05-28-2009, 17:12
I contact ATTroll, so hopefully he will get back to me.

FritztheCat
05-28-2009, 21:37
Waves across the city of Virginia Beach to BookLovinGirl!

:welcome