PDA

View Full Version : Waiting Game

Chaco Taco
07-30-2007, 11:00
So I leave a weelk from today for a 10 day adventure. I have a new pack and some new toys. The last week before a trip is so hard because in my head Im thinking, "This time next week, Ill be in the car on my way up to the hills".
Just had to share my anticipation with you all. No one here in Chapel Hill really understands. Yee Haw, One more week:banana

Ewker
07-30-2007, 11:15
I know how you feel. I leave Sat. for 10 days in the Canadian Rockies

firemountain
07-30-2007, 16:34
I know exactly how you feel, I am leaving in less than ten weeks. The anticipation of Maine wilderness in fall. mmmmmm I can't wait!! It makes me want to drop everything and leave now, but I choose not to.

Chaco Taco
07-30-2007, 22:42
I know exactly how you feel, I am leaving in less than ten weeks. The anticipation of Maine wilderness in fall. mmmmmm I can't wait!! It makes me want to drop everything and leave now, but I choose not to.

Part of me wants to just leave town tommorow, but then Id lose my job. I can only keep looking ta webcam shots of teh Smokies to get me pumped.

gold bond
07-31-2007, 08:52
Would you share the address for the web Cam? Does anyone have other address's for web cams that might be intresting?

good luck on your hike CC and have a wonderful time! I'm in the process of planning one for October. Deep Gap to The NOC....I'm pumped. I just got back from a 80 miler in New Mexico at Philmont Scout Reservation. 11 days on trail, I hated to come home. Took the pics and made it my screen saver. Oh how long is this day!!

Wonder
07-31-2007, 09:00
Where are you hiking? Just GSMNP? I love that hike.......enjoy it!

Chaco Taco
07-31-2007, 14:27
Nah did GSMNP in March. Starting from Standing Bear and going to Erwin

Chaco Taco
07-31-2007, 14:30
Would you share the address for the web Cam? Does anyone have other address's for web cams that might be intresting?

good luck on your hike CC and have a wonderful time! I'm in the process of planning one for October. Deep Gap to The NOC....I'm pumped. I just got back from a 80 miler in New Mexico at Philmont Scout Reservation. 11 days on trail, I hated to come home. Took the pics and made it my screen saver. Oh how long is this day!!

http://www2.nature.nps.gov/air/webcams/parks/grsmpkcam/grsmpkcam.cfm