PDA

View Full Version : Yet another great thing about coffee!

Mags
07-30-2007, 18:37
As hikers, we tend to be out in the sun A LOT.

Even with sunscreen and/or the proper clothing, I'm sure our skin gets a bit too much UV radiation at times.

But, because we hike..we ARE getting regular exercise!

And, if you are like, a coffee addict who hikes all the time?

Well modern science has come through again! (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070730/ap_on_he_me/fitness_anti_cancer_caffeine_2)

Coffee..is there anything it won't do?

JAK
07-30-2007, 19:01
Cool. It seems that there is a lot of stuff that is not good for you if you don't exercise but is good for you if you do. The common denominator seems to be that lack of exercise is bad for you, and lots of exercise is good for you.

Skidsteer
07-30-2007, 19:52
And caffeine makes it easier to exercise in the first place. Talk about synergy.

It's a beautiful thing when vice and virtue overlap.:)

gold bond
07-30-2007, 20:23
so de we just rub the coffee on our skin or drink the sunscreen or.....

JAK
07-30-2007, 20:40
On the subject of caffiene and exercise. It is supposed to speed up the process of kicking the body into more of a fat burning mode versus carb burning mode. If you want to take it a step further, without resorting to drugs and supplements, you might want to include homemade seville orange marmalade with your morning coffee. You can make it extra strong to save weight. It contains something that kicks up your metabolism. Might be more of a cold weather thing. Try it in moderation of course. Just because its natural doesn't mean it won't hurt you. Too much of a good thing...

Monkeyboy
07-30-2007, 21:07
Actually it doesn't help us at all....but according to the study, the mice in the shelter will be protected from harmful UV rays....

Skidsteer
07-30-2007, 21:15
Actually it doesn't help us at all....but according to the study, the mice in the shelter will be protected from harmful UV rays....

Sooo... We need to make our clothes from mouse pelts?

gold bond
07-31-2007, 08:55
Does Jack Daniels help with protection from the sun? How 'bout Makers Mark? Southern Comfort? I'm tired of drinking this Coppertone crap!!

Wonder
07-31-2007, 08:59
Nice! I'm using that as advertising at my little shop here!
"Hey, I know it's sunny....but have 3 cups of coffee, go ride the Creeper...hike the AT! This can be nothing but good for you!!!.....did I mention buy more coffee :-)"

Pedalsndirt
07-31-2007, 09:23
I Knew it!

mmmmmmmmmmmmm Coffee!

*drool*

Mags
07-31-2007, 10:32

Damn..you sure know how to ruin a day. I bet you were the 8 yr old who said "SANTA DOESN'T EXIST! NYAH! NYAH! NYAH!"

And of COURSE mice will be protected from the rays. They are inside the shelter, silly. ;)

Mags
07-31-2007, 10:33
It's a beautiful thing when vice and virtue overlap.:)

Quote of the day! Awesome...

Mags
07-31-2007, 10:34
Does Jack Daniels help with protection from the sun? How 'bout Makers Mark? Southern Comfort? I'm tired of drinking this Coppertone crap!!

Hmm..this may require further research. Perhaps Friday night ??!?!?!

(Now if BEER protected me from the sun...hot damn..my life would just be awesome.)

D'Artagnan
07-31-2007, 11:11
Hmm..this may require further research. Perhaps Friday night ??!?!?!

(Now if BEER protected me from the sun...hot damn..my life would just be awesome.)

Heck, it beer protected us from the sun, I know a few guys who should sign up for colonizing Mercury. :D

Smudge
07-31-2007, 11:21
Beer protects me from the sun. Sometimes I'm too hung over to get out of bed until it's dark again...:D

gold bond
07-31-2007, 12:26
Why do you think they call it Bud Light?

Monkeyboy
07-31-2007, 15:47
Isn't that what a proctologist uses to examine you....a butt light?