PDA

View Full Version : Online forum etiquette

woodsy
07-31-2007, 11:39
Learn how to be a good forum participant here (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/325047/forum_etiquette_a_guide_to_posting.html)
Many of you already are as you will see by clicking on the link.:rolleyes:
Some of you need to work on your etiquette a bit more;)

woodsy
07-31-2007, 11:57
Thank you for placing this in the correct forum for me. I considered it myself but had trouble relating it to hiking:D But am LMAO:banana

redtail
07-31-2007, 12:41
That was a hilarious description of many of the threads here. Ummm...I mean, that wasn't funny at all. And you forgot periods on two of your sentences. And U R ugly. Grrr. :mad::D

rhjanes
07-31-2007, 15:25
i thik u r all rong and stoopid 2 postt this stuff and because of tha u should 411!!!!411!!! OMG did. wow..... :rolleyes:

leeki pole
07-31-2007, 15:47
i thik u r all rong and stoopid 2 postt this stuff and because of tha u should 411!!!!411!!! OMG did. wow..... :rolleyes:
haircut? whoo needs a stinkin haircut? or shave for that matter? corporate america is way to uptite the only way to freedom is walking walking the blazes my yale education told me that you guys arecrazy i make way too much money to spend time on these forums, hang on my broker's on line2:D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-31-2007, 15:48
OK people, enough already. If you don't start calling names and slinging mud this instant I'm gonna lock down this thread and ban every one of you :D

gold bond
07-31-2007, 16:08
No matter what please don't ever post your honest humble or whatever opinion as you might offend someone. Let's all be "politacally correct"!

emerald
07-31-2007, 21:00
OK people, enough already. If you don't start calling names and slinging mud this instant I'm gonna lock down this thread and ban every one of you :D

See if you can make me.:rolleyes: I have better things to do with my time. If you don't have anything better to do, why don't you go bite someone's toenails!:p:D

If I had any interest in picking on anyone tonight, I might start something with gold bond, but just thinking of it makes me want to go do my dishes!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-31-2007, 21:06
::: Bites SOG on toenails - spits them out and sputters due to taste of Gold Bond on his feet :::

aaroniguana
07-31-2007, 21:09
I would respond to this thread but I'm already late for my date with Rachael Ray. She's going to rub my feet and share some new recipes for freeze drying home made pasta and peppers because I'm such a stud.

emerald
07-31-2007, 21:11
Hey, gold bond. I hear you claim to know what constitutes a "true" (note quotes) thru-hike. I'll bet you know the right way to wash dishes too, don't you?:rolleyes:

Go ahead, you've got exactly 5 minutes for the short version. See if you can make me laugh by actually saying something funny.;)

emerald
07-31-2007, 21:18
::: Bites SOG on toenails - spits them out and sputters due to taste of Gold Bond on his feet :::

Thanks, my toenails were getting a bit long!;) What you thought was Gold Bond was actually something else.:eek:

I'm glad you didn't swallow those toenails.:) They were pretty nasty and might have made you sick or worse. We need someone to keep these threads from getting off track.:sun

emerald
07-31-2007, 21:25
Seems our good friend gold bond went away. That's too bad. I was beginning to think I might like him one day.;)

gold bond
08-01-2007, 12:54
Nah, I'm here but kind of confused...who's cereal did I whiz in this time?

Yeah I've washed a few dishes in my time and I'm happy to say they all passed inspection! Why would you need to wash dishes as all you got is paper plates anyway!

Well as far as something funny...I just ain't got it in me right now! Sorry

gold bond
08-01-2007, 13:03
Hey Shades...don't ferget..I'm two years younger...alot better looking...so don't start sumfin ya caint finish!!

emerald
08-01-2007, 15:16
That was supposed to get me all stirred up? gold bond, you are a lightweight weenie. :-?Just be careful you don't teach me anything that could later be used against you if you choose to get something started. I might need to use it against you.

If you want to go that route, keep in mind the women on the other thread seem to think it's the boys against the girls.:rolleyes: :D

gold bond
08-01-2007, 17:48
That was supposed to get me all stirred up? gold bond, you are a lightweight weenie. :-?Just be careful you don't teach me anything that could later be used against you if you choose to get something started. I might need to use it against you.

If you want to go that route, keep in mind the women on the other thread seem to think it's the boys against the girls.:rolleyes: :D

Geez I ain't been called lightweight since high school...thanks! Thanks for that, I did loose about 12 pounds on my last hike. Don't worry..you won't get the whole story...just enough to get you into trouble! It'll be up to you to figure out out how to get out of it!

woodsy
08-01-2007, 22:24
wel wel I just got bak frm tha wild blu yonda an se ya'll ben practising yer ediquette. Shades an Golds seem to be gettinlong betta and Frolikin Dino is cheerin ya'll along. Glad ta se tha link is helpin those who was havin trouble wit there ediquete...and spelin.....and pranonciation...well i can't spel noways anyhow so go ahead and flame me whydontya!

emerald
08-01-2007, 23:42
I didn't see anything with which I could take issue, sorry!:o I would have made fire like Paul Bunyan on Tray Mountain if you'd given me something.:D

woodsy
08-02-2007, 07:50
Rule 5: Should your opponent's post contain no errors, call him or her a nerd for taking the time to write out such a perfect posts.:D

Skidsteer
08-02-2007, 07:57
Rule 5: Should your opponent's post contain no errors, call him or her a nerd for taking the time to write out such a perfect posts.:D

You should have left out the "a" or the "s". ;)

woodsy
08-02-2007, 08:08
You should have left out the "a" or the "s". ;)
Hey, that was a copy/paste job from the etiquette link...them ding-bats!
Heck even i kan spel bettr then them ididorods.:p

gold bond
08-02-2007, 08:19
Hey...hi-scool english wuz the best sefen yerz of mi life!!

woodsy
08-02-2007, 08:24
Hey...hi-scool english wuz the best sefen yerz of mi life!!
Umm, i think you meant to say sefenteen yerz, just thought i'd correct you on that, no need to thank me but you're welcome anyway and hey, you're catching on!:D

gold bond
08-02-2007, 08:42
Werz Shade a gotin tu? I ain't a herd frum hem in awile...has he dun rund oft?
Beiun frum tha south it ain't a hard to writ like dis cuase heck dis is englush fur us!

Brrrb Oregon
08-02-2007, 10:56

Do not neglect re-usable insults such as "When you go get yourself a life, be sure to get a brain, too, while you're at it!"

Brrrb Oregon
08-02-2007, 10:58
No matter what please don't ever post your honest humble or whatever opinion as you might offend someone. Let's all be "politacally correct"!

Yes, because, just as "you can be as crazy as you like, as long as you can hold down a job" it is also true that "you can be as offensive as you like, as long as you use vapid language while doing it."

gold bond
08-02-2007, 11:57
"vapid"..now thats a $4 word fer shur!!

superman
08-02-2007, 12:25
I love the rules and agree to abide by them. How about we attach the name of the abiders to the rule that they abide by? How do you spell Mathewski?:-?

gold bond
08-02-2007, 12:43
With a "M"....I think...dang let me check fer ser!

The Weasel
08-02-2007, 13:13
Fascinating to see who isn't posting in this thread. Perhaps they don't see the humor in it. (It IS humorous, isn't it? Please...say that it's humorous. PLEASE!!!)

The Weasel

chief
08-02-2007, 13:41
Perhaps they recognize themselves.

See this for very recognizable WB personalities: http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

gold bond
08-02-2007, 15:43
I see thread people!

emerald
08-02-2007, 20:36
I see thread people!

u got that rite gudbuddy! i wuz bginnin ta think weed got nuthin butt a bunch of 1 pst wondrs hear. cud ya du me a faver?

that lechi pole dude frum way downe slouth, ide like ta insult him ta suck him inta tha thred, butt i'm not shur howta get him started.

Cud ys see ifin ya could find an openin. Their aughta be sumthin their, ya no?;)

emerald
08-02-2007, 20:48
Where's that rhinosuarus anywaze? Maybee she bit off more than shee cood Handel.:rolleyes:

emerald
08-02-2007, 20:52
:-? what givz, redtail? no thermels rixing over whitblaze pond, t-day?:p:D

emerald
08-02-2007, 20:58
i cood pist unitl the sum comes up, butt i seam to be fishin in sum sort of aneoribick watesland, nobuddis bite in. :-?gess ile juste see if wolfs arguin with wolg yete. u pepl disapoint mee.

woodsy
08-02-2007, 22:58
Say isn't gold bond that stuff you rub on itchy areas of the body, tween the toes etc... Why anyone would name themselves after a fungus killer is beyond me. Hey gold bond you ol' fungus killer!

hopefulhiker
08-02-2007, 23:03
I think in VA somewhere near the AT there is a mountain called Big Butt, right next to it is a mountain called Gold Bond....

woodsy
08-02-2007, 23:14
I think in VA somewhere near the AT there is a mountain called Big Butt, right next to it is a mountain called Gold Bond....
Sounds like a match made in heaven to me!

emerald
08-02-2007, 23:35
Sounds like a match made in heaven to me!

that may be so. whut i wannto know is weres that easel from californe? hees 1 of those fancy layers, pile it higher and deeper, you know woodsy?

for a man woo woo whos pade by the word, he dozen't have much to say, duse he? geess we have int erested him yet!

eye wanna no who he thinks aint postin. wheel getum!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
08-02-2007, 23:47
Where's that rhinosuarus anywaze? Maybee she bit off more than shee cood Handel.:rolleyes:She's still trying to get the taste of the Gold Bond you fed her for breakfast outta her mouth. :p

emerald
08-02-2007, 23:55
She's still trying to get the taste of the Gold Bond you fed her for breakfast outta her mouth. :p

You're a sucker for toenail bait. You're problem not mine. Remember, you asked for it!:D

woodsy
08-02-2007, 23:56
Fascinating to see who isn't posting in this thread. Perhaps they don't see the humor in it.
Valid point.....maybe he could clue us in as to who isn't posting that should be. Maybe they just don't want to come out and play with some of us flame rookies.
Oh and Shades, your grammar has taken a terrible turn for the worse since some idiot started this thread, get a hold of yourself man!

emerald
08-03-2007, 00:02
Oh and Shades, your grammar has taken a terrible turn for the worse since some idiot started this thread, get a hold of yourself man!

go to minnesotasnith update and see who posted. note also who posted moste thats my exqse;)

emerald
08-03-2007, 00:04
i still post fine inthe other threds, strang i no. i dont getit ether.:confused:

woodsy
08-03-2007, 00:09
go to minnesotasnith update and see who posted. note also who posted moste thats my exqse;)
That would require a forum search(that's a no-no)
I'll just start a new thread and find out that way!

emerald
08-03-2007, 00:40
That would require a forum search(that's a no-no)
I'll just start a new thread and find out that way!

:-? sare, i kneet to reed the rools agen. I seam to be throwe ink up nothink but junk tune ite.:o mabe eye shoot goto bett.

gold bond
08-03-2007, 08:25
I walk away fer tin minutes and yall start acting all crazy!!

Shades, shades shades....dang boy I thought u'd dun rund oft! yu one post wunder yu! Thawt we'd dun beet u like a yard dawg or sumfin and yud put yur tail tween yur legs and gawn!! Glad ta see ya got a little p**s and vinager in ya!

As fir as goldbond...it is guuuud fer what ever ailes ya! colds, moles and brokin hikin poles! I kin make ya give back thangs ya never took! Daddies dred me...mamma's are scared of me and daughters cain't git enough of me!!

As fer as that rat wit a tale we call a dino-sore.....well she be gud peepl!I kinda like that 'ole bag o scales! I don't know wye she be eatin toenales...maybe we awt ta teech er how ta eet a salad or sumfin!

anywa...i sure luk forward ta heerin back from yu fellars...and gals!