PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Trails

FFTorched
08-01-2007, 22:53
I am Currently in the Fort Bragg/Fayetteville Area and am looking for some great hikings. I am looking for Day trips as well as Weekend trips. I don't know if Sgt. Rock is still around or on deployment because I'm sure he'd know but any help would be much appreciated.
--Frank

g8trh8tr
08-02-2007, 17:24
I spent 6 years in Fayetnam and I would recommend Uwharrie National Forest. There are several trails there that can be hiked seperately or combined to vary the length. Also some good fishing in that area as well.

Patco
08-02-2007, 17:38
I agree that Uwharrie Forest is the best for backpacking, but if you don't want to drive an hour and a half, and would like some nice day-hiking, Raven Rock Park between Lillington and Sanford has a very nice trail network - hilly enough to give the legs a workout. They have a primitive backpack camp but it's ony a couple miles from the office - not as remote as Uwharrie.

I've lived in Fayetteville since '82 (this time). I have maps (not quads) for Uwharrie and intend to go BP'ing there some day but have only MTB'd so far.