PDA

View Full Version : Baggins

mdhiker
08-05-2007, 14:55
Anyone met this wee lady from Illinois, section hiking, and seemingly the most unlikely person to be able to backpack, at 90 lbs. wringing-wet....with a backpack fully 1/3 her weight. Can't stand upright with the pack on....met her in southern PA on Friday, on her way to Antiedam Shelter off Rattlesnake Road. If you run into her....share some magic.

Lilred
08-05-2007, 20:03
I met Baggins last year near Greasy Creek Friendly. I'm short and have had some difficulty getting over some blowdowns. I don't know how she does it. She's quickly becoming a legend. Go Baggins, Go!!

Tractor
08-07-2007, 15:37
I met Baggins at the highway crossing, just north of Washington Monument State Park on July 24. She was speaking to a nice local lady who was trying to figure out where to take her to a doctor. Baggins seems to have a tic borne ailment and was going for the two week scrip for anitbiotics. She was in very good spirits given she was feverish and said she just felt like sleeping all the time. She also was determined to hit the trail again as soon as she felt well enough to go. My prayers go out for her. It's great to here she's back on the trail!

TOW
08-07-2007, 16:36
yes i have met her, here is a link to a thread her and i started last year about this time. she is one cool lady.............
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15953