PDA

View Full Version : Hiker in MD/PA to do 2-3 day hikes

wrongway_08
08-05-2007, 16:44
Hello everyone, Need to break in my new gear. Looking for hiers to do over-nighters with. In the North/western MD, South/East PA.
Lookin to do this usually on the weekends, leave Friday night, camp friday/Saturday night, head back Sunday. My days off change every month, so one month I will have Sat/Sun off, then the next month it'll be Week days off.
Let me know if you can do this, Thanks - Rick

Cookerhiker
08-05-2007, 17:06
Hello everyone, Need to break in my new gear. Looking for hiers to do over-nighters with. In the North/western MD, South/East PA.
Lookin to do this usually on the weekends, leave Friday night, camp friday/Saturday night, head back Sunday. My days off change every month, so one month I will have Sat/Sun off, then the next month it'll be Week days off.
Let me know if you can do this, Thanks - Rick

You have some weekdays off? Let me know if you have available weekdays in October. Not promising or committing but I know I'll be home some of October, unlike September & November.

Long feet
08-06-2007, 10:36
Dear Wrongway,

I would love to head out for a weekend. I live close to the district. I have recurring knee problems (ACL & Runner's knee), so I try to keep my mileage down below 10 miles a day for now. What kind of milage would you like to go? Happy hiking.

J

RuffianPoet
08-06-2007, 12:44
Hey Wrongway,
I'm usually out on the Trail Friday nights and back on Sunday afternoons too. I'm always interested in carpooling or meeting up with folks. I'm usually in the 12 - 15 mpd range, but I can sometimes go a little farther and always a bit less. You can email me at [email protected] or send me a PM.
RuffianPoet

Whisper318
08-06-2007, 12:52
If anything comes out of this, please keep me updated. I'm still looking threw tents for overnight hiking, but if I get one in time for one of your hikes, I'll be up for it!

wrongway_08
08-07-2007, 17:28
I am not worried about milage, little or a lot is fine by me - I just want to day hike or overnight hike/camp :) !
Here is my schedule:
Off Aug - 18th untill the 30th. (I work Sat 26th)
Off Sept - 3,4,10,1117,23-30th
Off Oct - 6,7,8,13,14,20,2127th

emerald
08-07-2007, 21:33
You should subscribe to the thread now active about springs in Lebanon and Berks Counties. Consider waiting until conditions improve or at least obtain current information before departing.

If things don't get better soon, we should consider expanding that thread to include water sources east of Berks and keep it current until conditions improve. I suspect we'll need to identify some alternative sources too.

It likely wouldn't be overkill to come here prepared to carry a gallon should the need arrise.

Long feet
08-09-2007, 16:10
Dear Wrongway,

It looks like the only weekend that you have off is September 29-30th. I would love to take a weekend trip then. I'm thinking about 16-20 miles. I have not hiked much in MD yet so I'm open to anything (within reason). I'm a hammock camper, so I'm ok to stop anywhere. Let me know if you ever get over to Washington. Maybe we could get a beer and look at maps.

Jesse