PDA

View Full Version : Some feedback?

sarbar
08-07-2007, 14:21
I have been working on prototypes of a trail purse/bag (remember the long thread on that subject?). So far in the past couple months I have come up with 4 versions, but still not happy.

So...here are my thoughts:

It will be out of cotton. Cotton is machine washable, soft and light. It is also easy to produce, and keeps costs down. It will sport a simple polypro webbing system and a cord closure. It will be under 4 ounces at most.

It will have room to put your valuables in so if you leave camp you can take them with you, or have room to carry a water filter, etc if you have to walk a distance to get water. It will have room to carry your items in town should you have to leave your pack outside.

So what do I need? Well, suggestions mostly. If you were going to use an item like that would you want it to be streamlined or have pockets inside? Would you want small or a bigger bag? Girly looking or more unisex?

I would love to know your thoughts.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
08-07-2007, 14:42
Personally, I'd want a small pocket for cash, plastic and ID inside.

Since you are making these of cotton, you will have a lot of options as to print / color. I would do two - one unisex and one girly. I would likely go with unisex because I'm not going to be wearing a dress and heels around town :D

If I were designing such an item for myself, I would make it large enough to become a small daypack, but would have part of it able to be tucked in and zipped away to form a smaller, casual purse. This may not appeal to others.

RockStar
08-07-2007, 15:01
I would likely go with unisex because I'm not going to be wearing a dress and heels around town :D

Speak for yourself. http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=16910&c=713

Frolicking Dinosaurs
08-07-2007, 15:12
LOL - My biggest complaint about that guy was he looked better in that dress than I would have -- an I got splattered when he removed one of his 'water boobs' and threw it at a heckler.

RockStar
08-07-2007, 16:33
Now THAT would have been funny. Hehe Water boobs. lol Sneaky hikers!

sarbar
08-07-2007, 17:47
LOL..oh lord that is hilarious! He looks like a skinny version of my husband. Such tasteful matching of red hair with a blue dress :D

I need to get moving with this project, I just don't seem to ever keep up with the fabric FBC cozies I am producing right now. Oh well, them cozies bought me a new Pfaf sewing machine :D

modiyooch
08-07-2007, 21:34
my purse is a plasic baggie