PDA

View Full Version : Where are you at Rock?

TOW
08-07-2007, 16:26
where are you at Rock?

SGT Rock
08-07-2007, 20:04
I moved this off that straight forward thread.

I am in Wisconsin. I leave here tomorrow and should be back home on Thursday afternoon. I have one day of work on Friday then I start a long, much needed leave. I did the math a while back and over the last 19 months I have seen my family about 45 days. Time for family time!

I will be taking the family up to Slickrock this weekend for some trail maintenance and a little family time, we will probably stay overnight Saturday night at the lower falls. Then Monday I start my leave and should be off until about 17 September. Besides some family visits I hope to get some trail time in. Maybe link up with some of my trail friends.

Still waiting on my retirement orders. But I should have them soon and start finishing up the thru-hike plan. I plan to be out on the AT this spring.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
08-07-2007, 20:15
::: Dino does cartwheels about Rock's return :::

Nightwalker
08-07-2007, 22:01
Still waiting on my retirement orders. But I should have them soon and start finishing up the thru-hike plan. I plan to be out on the AT this spring.Could they still force you to stay? Man, I really hope not! :eek:

SGT Rock
08-07-2007, 22:48
Sure they could force me to stay, but I don't think they will. It has more to do with the latest deployment we have been working and the way it has thrown a lot of things off. BUT they have been trying to get me to stay in and not retire.

peanuts
08-08-2007, 10:33
:clapwoohooo sgt rock is coming home...:clapi bet dixie cant hardly wait....hope to see you at the next sehha...
i hope you enjoyed the cheese curds....yumms....(you can bring me some;))

dixicritter
08-08-2007, 13:17
I'm talking to SGT Rock right now and he just informed me that he just left Wisconsin, and is now driving through Illinois. :banana

Frolicking Dinosaurs
08-08-2007, 13:19
::: That's not an earthquake out near the airport. It is a couple of dinos doing a happy dance. :::

SGT Rock
08-10-2007, 10:42
Back in Tennessee now. I should be up on the BMT with some tools this weekend - not a lot of labor for now, just some clean up and recon for the heavy tools plus some family time with the wife and kids. It is good to be back in the mountains and finishing prep for my thru in 2008.

Living the dream!

dixicritter
08-10-2007, 10:46
I'll carry the camera.... :D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
08-10-2007, 12:02
::: Dino sniff air and smells hiker funk. Rock is home :D :::

MOWGLI
08-10-2007, 14:33
Back in Tennessee now. I should be up on the BMT with some tools this weekend - not a lot of labor for now, just some clean up and recon for the heavy tools plus some family time with the wife and kids. It is good to be back in the mountains and finishing prep for my thru in 2008.

Living the dream!

Welcome home Sarge.

peanuts
08-10-2007, 15:26
i second that! welcome home...bet dc is very, very happy:D

leeki pole
08-10-2007, 15:36
third that..welcome home, Sarge. Thanks for your service.:sun