PDA

View Full Version : Please help with my water survey!

Bugs
08-09-2007, 18:30
Hello fellow-AT junkies!

I am a college student in Minnesota and '06 AT thruhiker (Nobo). This summer, I am working on a stream quality research project for the Appalachian Trail in Virginia. As part of that research, I am hoping to get loads of opinions from former and current AT hikers (both casual and seriously-committed types. Even Sobos.) about water on the trail.

I have created a survey and would really appreciate your responses. It takes about 10-15 minutes to complete.
Here is the link:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=nE0rH1OsmsswuXPRhC5xkw_3d_3d

Please e-mail me with any questions (rebecca.walling<AT>gmail.com) or check out my trailjournal from this summer's hike and research for more information (www.trailjournals.com/becka/)

Thanks for your help!
Becka Walling (Bugs)

Monkeyboy
08-09-2007, 18:46
There you go....

Good luck with your work.

tripp
08-09-2007, 18:54
done. finished. over. good luck.

buckowens
08-09-2007, 19:01
Nicely done, and there you go. Good luck.

Alligator
08-09-2007, 19:10
Question 6 page 2 appears to have a problem with the survey tool. When rating the water quality for the various states, the same rating could not be given for two states. The check marks were erasing if the answer was the same.

Skidsteer
08-09-2007, 19:15
Question 6 page 2 appears to have a problem with the survey tool. When rating the water quality for the various states, the same rating could not be given for two states. The check marks were erasing if the answer was the same.

Same here.

tripp
08-09-2007, 19:24
had the same problem... thought maybe it was to rate from best to worst...

Icehiker12
08-09-2007, 20:18
Same here, other than that,, a good survey.

Scrollner
08-09-2007, 20:49
Glad to help! I was hiking through the SNP with my daughter about the same time you were it seems. In fact we spent the night at the Big Meadows lodge the same day you took the picture at the meadows.

shelterbuilder
08-09-2007, 22:31
done. Good luck with your research.

Pedaling Fool
08-09-2007, 23:22
Finished. I had the same problem, put the answers to question 6 in the comment box on the last page.

Pacific Tortuga
08-09-2007, 23:46
Entomologist's rock and you are one heck of a granola bunny/bugs.:)

How did your other study go this year on the Trail ? No one would ever mistake you for a Saint Olaf co-ed, and we know that's a good thing.

I wish you the best in all your natural endevors. I hope you share future studies with us.

7Sisters
08-10-2007, 05:21
Finished the survey for you.

The question about should ATC send information on water quality I think was missing an option - No, not their responsibility. I think having only No, I don't care was representative of how I truly felt. I do care, but don't think it's anyones responsibility to tell me about the water quality. I think I have to assume it's not good and therefore treat it.

Lone Wolf
08-10-2007, 08:20
took the survey. me and gypsy have not treated or filtered ANY water in vermont on the Long Trail. it's all good. even the beaver ponds.:)

refreeman
08-10-2007, 10:19
Question 6 doesn't work correctly. Your data will be completely off until you fix it.

Bugs, L Wolf is an excellent subject for non treated water. If anyone has a weird parasite like a flat worm it is him.

Bugs
08-10-2007, 11:00
Thank you for the quick replies! I'm fixing the problem question right now - if you have already filled out the survey and are worried about your response to that question, don't fill out the survey again (double-sampling = bad statistics). Email me your responses to that question, if you would like.

Bugs