PDA

View Full Version : Why am I prohibited from viewing the new "Sensitive Trail Issues" forum?

norub
08-10-2007, 15:40
Keep getting an error screen that says I'm not allowed. Called a friend who is also on WB, he can't view it either...

What's up?

Roland
08-10-2007, 15:48
You must join (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/profile.php?do=editusergroups) the group.

Egads
08-10-2007, 18:34
Aren't we sensitive today.:rolleyes:

mobileman
08-10-2007, 20:23
G0 to the home page. Go to the last item on the left side (Group membership) click it. Go to the next to last item in the middle click sensitive trail issues.The last item in the middle should then show you as a member.

norub
08-10-2007, 23:47
Thanks for the info, everyone.

I did receive a very weird email from a member here. I have no clue what the heck he/she is talking about. Here is what it said:

"Group Memberships=norub is not a member of any public groups.

Sometimes sleeping dogs should be left alone. Think before you post.

Click on User CP (Control Panel). Please don't make me wish I hadn't told you."

"Sleeping dogs"?? "think before you post"?? :confused:

All I was asking is how to join the STS group...:-?

attroll
08-11-2007, 01:41

I did receive a very weird email from a member here. I have no clue what the heck he/she is talking about. Here is what it said:

Weird is all I can say.

Heater
08-11-2007, 03:14

It wasn't me that sent the PM but refer back to it in a week after you have joined up. I will all become very clear. ;)

attroll
08-11-2007, 03:43
It wasn't me that sent the PM but refer back to it in a week after you have joined up. I will all become very clear. ;)
You make a very good point.

Heater
08-11-2007, 03:55
You make a very good point.

Yeah. Many people see right through me. :-? :D

It will become very clear. ;)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
08-11-2007, 06:45
Weird PM. The Sensitive topic area was set up so that people who don't want to read hotly disputed topic discussions don't have to do so to browse the site. All members are allowed to join the discussion if they wish. Threads where the debate starts getting too hot in regular forums are often transfered to this forum so members who wish can continue their discussion and members who don't want to read heated debates can browse without seeing them.

There are also separate forums for Political topics, for trails other than the AT and for non-AT related topics. I recently announced the birth of our newest great-grandchild in the non-AT area.

This site has a huge and diverse membership. The owners / admin try very hard to give all a comfortable place to share their knowledge and talk. It isn't an easy task and I applaud ATTroll, DixiCritter and SgtRock for having done an excellent job in giving us home.

norub
08-11-2007, 10:04
The owners / admin try very hard to give all a comfortable place to share their knowledge and talk. It isn't an easy task and I applaud ATTroll, DixiCritter and SgtRock for having done an excellent job in giving us home.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

I just don't get the pompous and lecturing tone of the PM. I've been a member of this board for over two years, it ain't like I'm new around here. :rolleyes:

Shrug. Guess some people just feel the need to lord it over others and try to make themselves seem important. Pffft.