PDA

View Full Version : Rubbermaid Collabsible Containers

gearfreak
08-13-2007, 12:57
I'd enjoy eating meals out of a bowl instead of a Mountain House pouch, Enertia pouch or freezer bag. I also don't like putting food in my Jetboil PCS. I've been looking for a container that had a slighlty larger diameter than my sleep pad so I could slide it over the end for storage and then I stumbled on these: http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/collapsibles/collapsibles.jhtml:banana

The 2.5C bowl weighs 4.5 oz (3.1 oz bowl, 1.4 oz lid).
The 4.0C bowl weighs 6.2 oz (4.1 oz bowl, 2.1 oz lid) and should be large enough to rehydrate meals in.

Around $4.

Brrrb Oregon
08-13-2007, 13:41
Cool idea. Microwave safe and dishwasher safe, so the heat should be OK.

The web site says they're stress-tested to last for at least 1,000 cycles. That's not too bad! I'd be sure to put them in the pack where they're not going to have torque on the seams, though. They'd also need someone who is attentive to the seams when they do dishes, too, but that's not a big deal.

If you have your food in pouches or freezer bags, anyway, it wouldn't be the end of the world if it gave out on you in the middle of nowhere some years down the line, either. You'd just be back where you started.

headchange4u
08-13-2007, 15:32
I have been using those for a while. They are great and have held up very well. My only complaint is that they have lots of nooks and crannies inside the bowl that can be hard to get clean at times.