PDA

View Full Version : Will Baltimore hike again??????

Blister
10-28-2003, 02:28
I have to do it. For all those whom have met Jack on the trail.

1. Why will Jack hike the trail again?

2. How many miles will he slack?

3. HHmmm. Third question.... Will he ever hike another trail? He calls the PCT, The Pampered Childrens Trail. I honestly forgot his comparison of the CDT. I dare ya Jack. However I do have a swore statement signed in 2000 by Jack, and three other hikers (some international) that meant nothing, but nice to have, since he has been hiking since on the AT. It's all for fun.

celt
10-28-2003, 06:54
What does the statement signed in 2000 swear?

Hikerhead
10-28-2003, 08:29
Either he continues hiking or, he has to buy a pair of white tennis shoes and some hot-pants and take up jogging around Hanover. He might even have to buy a new shirt, I'm not sure if the rolled-up sleeve look is fashionable in the running circles.

Blue Jay
10-28-2003, 09:06
Hey, there's supposed to be a pole here (although I doubt anyone will vote for the hot pants).

bunbun
10-28-2003, 11:06
Blister -
1. Yes - that's a no-brainer.

2. At least one year there was a crew that slacked most of the way from Waynesboro to Katahdin. I don't think Jack will match their performance, but I don't really have a clue.

3. Not likely. The PCT - not that I entirely disagree with him, but he really shouldn't put down something he hasn't done. For some people it's a lot harder than the AT.

The CDT is the Cattle Dung Trail.

And Jack doesn't have the figure for hot pants.
:D

Lone Wolf
10-28-2003, 12:03
1. He'll hike again cuz he LOVES/NEEDS the attention. Dr. Phil would have a ball with him.
2. He will slack at every opportunity. He's a closet Circle Expedition- blue-blazer wannabe.
3. Hike another trail? hahaha. As if! He'd be an unknown out there. No perch to preach from.

Blue Jay
10-28-2003, 14:05
Ohhhhh, Larry, you are harsh but that was a low blow. I think you should apologize.

Lone Wolf
10-28-2003, 14:38
Never. You gotta have thick skin, broad shoulders and a sense of humor when in the limelight.:cool:

chomp
10-28-2003, 16:38
Yea, he'll be out there. He actually had me convinced last year that he wasn't going to hike this year. He was talking about getting a job at the college even. He was talking all crazy, something about time to finally get a job with benifits again.

The timeline goes something like this:

October-December: "Never again."
January-Febuary: "I miss the trail, but I am done."
Early March: "I'm about 50/50, but I don't think that you'll see me back out there."
Late March: "So, Tricks is driving up in a few weeks to pick me up...."

Sly
10-28-2003, 17:18
If Jack were to hike the PCT he'd know about 75% of the PCT hikers aka former AT hikers.

The CDT? He'd finally be able to use the map(s) and compass, he claims every AT should have. Of course, while trying to find the trail he'd be seeing wildlife up the gazoo and unmatched scenery.

I think he'll stay cozy andd hike the AT again.

Sleepy the Arab
10-28-2003, 21:52
I'll get you all the definite answer on this one. First I ask the magic 8 ball. "Will Jack Hike the AT again next year?"

...Answer unclear, ask again later...

Well, let's try the tarot cards.

....Hmm. Fate has big surprises in store for the next lunar month. I also have a full house, Aces over dancing skeletons...

Geez, what next? Asking the stars? Casting chicken bones? Lithomancy? I'm no good at this. My gut feeling though is, yeah, I'll see him out next year.

steve hiker
10-29-2003, 23:55
Who is this Jack and why does he cause good Christians to worship a false idol?

Sleepy the Arab
10-30-2003, 20:41
I guess this means WillK doesn't have a problem with my playing around with tarot cards and other means of witchery.

bunbun
10-30-2003, 22:11
Originally posted by WillK
Who is this Jack and why does he cause good Christians to worship a false idol?

A couple questions, Will -
1. How come you've been here as long as you have and don't know who Jack is?
2. Who do you think worships him? And why?
3. If anyone worships him - why would you think they're good Christians?
4. Why do you think any of us are Christians?
5. Why are you accusing Jack of being an idol? He's pretty hard headed (just like me), but that doesn't make him an idol.
6. Don't you have anything useful to say?
7. Do you think Jack will hike again next year? Why?

chris
10-31-2003, 09:44
I don't think WillK's post here or the other section were done seriously. I think he is pulling ya'lls collective legs.

bunbun
10-31-2003, 11:05
Does it matter?

chris
10-31-2003, 11:22
Yes. When I read the post, I thought it really rather funny. If it was meant to be taken seriously, it would be rather sad.

Lone Wolf
10-31-2003, 11:24
Will Jesus rise from the dead?

Lone Wolf
10-31-2003, 12:19
And if he does rise I want to see him turn my spring water into some fine cabernet.

Blister
10-31-2003, 14:35
If Jack were to rise from the dead? I'm not sure his drink of choice would be to change water to a fine cab. Perhaps water to a fine Beam.

chris
10-31-2003, 14:39
Fine Beam? Larry drinking a fine cabernet? April Fool's day isn't for another few months, people.

Rain Man
10-31-2003, 14:56
Originally posted by BiteBlaze
http://www.yourgoingtohell.com

Kinda funny the site's URL is spelled wrong.

bunbun
10-31-2003, 16:07
Originally posted by chris
Yes. When I read the post, I thought it really rather funny. If it was meant to be taken seriously, it would be rather sad.

To me, it's sad regardless of how it was meant.

sdoownek
10-31-2003, 17:02
It's sites that like that make me embarrased to be a Christian.

Jack Tarlin
10-31-2003, 18:19
Having hiked over 1800 miles in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania since 1995, and almost ALL of it in the month of July, I must say that a visit to the infernal regions of the damned doesn't really concern me overmuch.... it would appear that I've already been there.

Plus, the prospect of seeing so many old friends all together in one place is intriguing.

Any information on water sources and availabilty would be appreciated. Also, Warren credibly informs me that the Styx, like the Kennebec, is eminently fordable if you know the right spot. Finally, we need to know if social drinking is permitted there; if not, we will voluntarily find another place to camp.

tlbj6142
10-31-2003, 22:39
That's funny. I never realized that Jack was witty. :D

Blue Wolf
10-31-2003, 23:01
I was wondering when Jack would have "a say so" in the matter of this post, That really cracked me up!!. Far as water sources in hell look for me Jack I'll be the funny looking white guy driving the truck that says WATER in BOLD letters on the side just follow the blue blazed trail. I'll be sure to have a spare flask of "Jim Beam" handy one of my personal favorites as well.

Blue Wolf

Sleepy the Arab
10-31-2003, 23:56
Yeah, yeah - all of us are sinners and going to burn for eternity. Hey, waitaminute! According to this, I've already been to Hell! (http://www.tehcc.org/humor.htm)