PDA

View Full Version : Thru-Hike Financial Aid Available

AlanShorb
10-29-2003, 21:07
When I was at The Gathering a few weeks ago, there was a flyer being circulated as follows:

"If money is holding you back from your FIRST thruhike on the AT, I may be able to help you in 2004. For more information, write:
AT Help
PO Box 68571
Virginia Beach, VA 23471-85"

I understand that in addition to the condition that this be a person's first thruhike, the person must be NOBO, hiking without a dog, and intending to keep a journal. This is a serious offer, since I talked with one '03 thruhiker at The Gathering who did get substantial support from this source.

So, if money is a major consideration in determining whether or not you will thruhike this year, I urge you to make contact at the address above.

Lone Wolf
10-29-2003, 21:10
Nobody works for s**t anymore it seems.

Dharma
10-29-2003, 23:11
Wonderful. Some people deal with their lack by working all the time... some take advantage of pre-trail magic. Either way gets you to the trail.

steve hiker
10-30-2003, 00:05
Newspaper ads promise young girls glamorous careers in modeling, and they end up in prostitution rings. Beware.

Dharma
10-30-2003, 07:17
I think this is legit. I got the same information from Jan LiteShoe at the Gathering. I believe she was assisted by this person also.

Send her an email if you're unsure: http://www.trailjournals.com/about.cfm?trailname=1076

Trail Dog
12-01-2003, 20:00
Newspaper ads promise young girls glamorous careers in modeling, and they end up in prostitution rings. Beware.

:dance prostitution rings? are you saying this might have a sinister motive behind it?