PDA

View Full Version : How's the water situation in TN???

twilight
08-18-2007, 14:21
Hitting the trail this weekend:banana . Was wondering if anyone had any info on water sources:eek: in the area between TN 91 and Kincora Hostel/Dennis Cove RD.

Twilight:sun

Frolicking Dinosaurs
08-18-2007, 17:43
Do you mean TN Highway 19?

twilight
08-18-2007, 18:02
No, I mean TN 91, just a little over 21 miles south of Damascus. There is a farm on the north side of the road where the trail cuts through for about 3/4 of a mile before it retreats into the woods and stays there until you reach D'mas.

Twilight:sun

passinBYE
08-18-2007, 18:52
91 where it crosses in to Shady Valley... I live here in Hampton..and I have not been on the trails lately.. but I know this it has not rained for almost 2 weeks... plus temps have been in the 90 plus range..

RAT
08-19-2007, 04:16
I thought after the little if any amounts of rain we have had over the past several weeks and the extremely hot temps of late that all the water sources would be low or dried up, but it seems the mountains have been getting alot of rain that we haven't as on my trail section up towards Little Bald and Big Bald the water is running great and this past week up on Unaka the spring at Deep gap was kickin`, I was very surprised, however I can't say anything for sure about the area you are asking about.

RAT

joec
08-19-2007, 14:51
The concrete cistern just south of 91 was about 1/2 full when I went through the week before last. All other points that was suppose to have water, had water, although sometimes minimal amounts.