PDA

View Full Version : Shoe Suggestions Needed

Sailor (The other one)
08-18-2007, 19:29
My wife and I are looking for new shoes/boots. We will hike at AT in GA for seven days this October. She's 50 and I'm 57. I can't wear ankle high boots. I need either low shoes like my trail runners or high tops like the original Timberlands. Thanks.

Kerosene
08-18-2007, 22:48
Check out the Garmont line: http://www.garmontusa.com/light-hiking.html

I love the durability, sturdy toe rand, and wide toebox of my Eclipse boots. Note that the boots I bought ran about a full size small. The only thing I'd change is to eliminate the Gore-Tex XCR lining.

Sailor (The other one)
08-19-2007, 08:37
Thanks Kerosene.

Jaybird
08-19-2007, 08:40
My wife and I are looking for new shoes/boots. We will hike at AT in GA for seven days this October. She's 50 and I'm 57. I can't wear ankle high boots. I need either low shoes like my trail runners or high tops like the original Timberlands. Thanks.

stop by your local outfitter store & try on the NEW VASQUE VELOCITY trail-runners....i wore them for about 120 miles on the trail this year & had NO PROBLEMS....light-weight, very comfy,...i highly recommend them.:D

Heater
08-19-2007, 09:18
I like the Merrilm Mesa Ventilators. They are not really trail runner but more of a lightweight hiking shoe. I also use the Merrill Pulse Two by they are mid height lightweight boots so you wouldn't like them.

The Merrills fit my feet well. (lucky thing too because the Merrills are relatively inexpensive) You need find something that fit yours well too.

Lilred
08-19-2007, 09:26
I bought a pair of Solomon's and absolutely love them. Over 300 miles and not a hot spot to be found, much less a blister. Highly recommend them.

Rambler
08-19-2007, 18:42
Merrell, Montrail, and Inov 8 make trail runners.

SteveJ
08-20-2007, 22:22
I like the Merrilm Mesa Ventilators. They are not really trail runner but more of a lightweight hiking shoe. I also use the Merrill Pulse Two by they are mid height lightweight boots so you wouldn't like them.

The Merrills fit my feet well. (lucky thing too because the Merrills are relatively inexpensive) You need find something that fit yours well too.

I agree with Austexs here... Merrell and New Balance shoes fit my feet well (I've had Merrell Pulse and Ventilator ). I have high arches, and need a wide toe box (Morton's neuroma in left foot screams if toe box is too narrow). Can't wear shoe brands that have narrow toe box.... You have to find what fits your feet!