PDA

View Full Version : Lion King in Ohio

RedneckRye
08-19-2007, 02:34
I spoke to Lion King this morning, he was in Gloucester, Ohio on his hike of the American Discovery Trail. The ADT thru Ohio follows the Buckeye Trail for 600 or so miles. If anyone lives in the vicinity of the trail and wants to say howdy to Lion King, let me know and I will pass phone numbers and addresses along.
The current plan is that he will call me on Wednesday 8/22/07 and I am going to drive down to wherever he is in southeastern Ohio (from Columbus) and bring him back up here for a zero or two. I'm sure that we will end up somewhere that serves tasty food and cold beverages. You should come and join us.
Hopefully, sometime in the middle of September I will drive out toward Indiana and pick Lion iIng up again and bring him back to town and he will do a presentation / movie showing / meet and greet at the outfitter where I work. It should be fun, I (or Lion King) will post details later.
Check out Lion King's site www.walkingwithfreedom.com , you'll be glad you did.

Lion King
08-21-2007, 15:27
I spoke to Lion King this morning, he was in Gloucester, Ohio on his hike of the American Discovery Trail. The ADT thru Ohio follows the Buckeye Trail for 600 or so miles. If anyone lives in the vicinity of the trail and wants to say howdy to Lion King, let me know and I will pass phone numbers and addresses along.
The current plan is that he will call me on Wednesday 8/22/07 and I am going to drive down to wherever he is in southeastern Ohio (from Columbus) and bring him back up here for a zero or two. I'm sure that we will end up somewhere that serves tasty food and cold beverages. You should come and join us.
Hopefully, sometime in the middle of September I will drive out toward Indiana and pick Lion iIng up again and bring him back to town and he will do a presentation / movie showing / meet and greet at the outfitter where I work. It should be fun, I (or Lion King) will post details later.
Check out Lion King's site www.walkingwithfreedom.com (http://www.walkingwithfreedom.com) , you'll be glad you did.

In Logan sitting out the rain, hope you guys arent under water from the flood.
Should be in Hocking Hills SP mon yana where you can meet me.
Will call when I get there or near to there...tonight, staying at the Inn Town Inn in Logan.
got a hair cut and a beard trim and a chinese buffet today...life is better.
Raining,

HEY!

Look for a karoke bar with hot chicks for Thursday night!@
I miss singing.

Obsidian
08-21-2007, 23:35
So tempting as I'm sitting here at my families place in Southern Ohio with nothing much to do. If only I could make a vehicle magically appear for my usage..

Lion King
08-22-2007, 13:26
So tempting as I'm sitting here at my families place in Southern Ohio with nothing much to do. If only I could make a vehicle magically appear for my usage..

Well, Ill still be here doing nothing till Redneck shows up.
In the library until the kiddies fill it up after 3, then off to WENDYS to eat cheaply (Then back here to read till they close at 8)

Redneck says maybe a Baseball game and that I can force him into going to a Karoke bar over the next two days while at his place...its a weakness, chicks dig burly singers.

Or so I like to think:D :D

Jaybird
08-22-2007, 13:40
Yo Lion King!

Howdy from "Jaybird"
Happy Hikin' (& karoke-ing) in 'HIO!:D

geckobunny
08-22-2007, 14:01
Hey Lion King!

We're up in Columbus too...might try to visit with ya! Have fun hiking in Ohio :)

Lion King
08-22-2007, 14:15
Yo Lion King!

Howdy from "Jaybird"
Happy Hikin' (& karoke-ing) in 'HIO!:D

howdy ho-ho-ho

as long as Fall gets here soon, itll be all good.

Its hotter then expected here this time O year, but some nice folks aroudn!

Lion King
08-22-2007, 14:15
Hey Lion King!

We're up in Columbus too...might try to visit with ya! Have fun hiking in Ohio :)

Cool, yeah Redneck said a couple other Hiekrs may come out and raise the roof with us Thursday night.

I hope so, its been MONTHS since I have had a Night out.

RedneckRye
08-23-2007, 15:08
LK is sitting on the couch right now talking on the phone to someone from Backpacker Magazine about filming while hiking. We are spending the afternoon cowering inside in the air conditioning. Right now it is 94 degrees and humid outside. Laundry is in and he hasn't shut up about karaoke since I picked him up last night, so that is what we will probably end up doing. Exciting!!

Deerleg
08-24-2007, 23:32
Have you / will you go thru the Cuyahoga Valley National Park while on the Buckeye Trail? I live in NE Ohio and maybe could aid your trip when your are up this way.

LIVESTRONG
08-25-2007, 23:01
no he won't come that far north, The American Discovery trail follows the buckey trail south near logan then south of columbus then kinda heads north towards Lake eire, then on to Michigan I think and across the Mackinac bridge, I could be wrong though. Lot of canal path walking, on the buckeye trail.

Wish I would have looked on WB sooner so I could have met up with you guys, Im 20 mins from logan. I love your movie Lion King and have watched it at least 10 times.

God bless and stay safe.

LIVESTRONG
GAME 05

hammock engineer
08-26-2007, 06:20
I won't be there for this round, I'm in Glenciff at the hikers welcome now. PM Doctari. I think he helped out someone on the Cincinnati stretch before. I think it also goes really close if not passed his mom's house.

RedneckRye
08-26-2007, 20:08
Dropped LionKing off back on the ADT / Buckeye Trail yesterday morning at Lake Logan State Park. I am picking him up again somewhere on Sept 9th so he can do a video showing / discussion at the outfitter where I work (The Outdoor Source in Columbus) on the 10th. I also encouraged him to talk to the organizer of The Junction Trail Festival (in Milford, OH Sept 7-9th) about doing something down there.
More details to come about LionKing's Sept 10 presentation to come in a few days. There will be FREE popcorn!!

otterman
08-29-2007, 11:08
I work in Milford and live in Maineville. I would love to buy Lion King dinner or provide a place to stay. Just give me the word.

Brock
08-29-2007, 14:01
Lion King,
Not sure if you've come through Cincinnati yet. I live and work close to the Mt Adams/Eden Park area.
If you need anything, let me know (best contact is my email).

I recently gave your movie to a coworker of mine who's been contemplating doing the AT and she loved it. I'm sure we'd both be willing to buy you lunch and I could put you up for the night as I'm not sure where you would camp around here. Anything to give back some trail magic that I recieved.

Good luck.

Lion King
08-29-2007, 14:13
Did someone say "Free lunch?"

LOL

Im in Waverly...and for gods sake...will somone cut some of this crazy overgrown trail...ugh...I used my Lekis today for like 2 miles of slicing and dicing Poison oak, Ivy and those sticky stupid little burrs that stick to everything and then I just spent about 45 mintues picking them off so I could go eat chinese food. I smell.

canal walking>>>??? What Buckeye Trail you smokin?;)

I got news for you this southern region is roads, overgrown woods (Yet I LOVED HOCKING HILLS STATE PARK! AWESOME!) and pretty much zero maintaining. There are some great spots, but on the high end average...not a great trail. A Horrific mess really, but if you dig straining through shrubs as thick as Mo-lasses, then dig it...this is the trail for you.

Ill be at The Sierra Motel in Waverly at some point today if it is cheap enough...should be a while till I hit Cin-city, check out my website to know sorta when I will be there.

walkingwithfreedom.com

ms doolittle
08-29-2007, 17:41
The 10th? Perhaps I'll show up for that. :)

otterman
08-30-2007, 13:12
Did someone say "Free lunch?"

LOL

Im in Waverly...and for gods sake...will somone cut some of this crazy overgrown trail...ugh...I used my Lekis today for like 2 miles of slicing and dicing Poison oak, Ivy and those sticky stupid little burrs that stick to everything and then I just spent about 45 mintues picking them off so I could go eat chinese food. I smell.

canal walking>>>??? What Buckeye Trail you smokin?;)

I got news for you this southern region is roads, overgrown woods (Yet I LOVED HOCKING HILLS STATE PARK! AWESOME!) and pretty much zero maintaining. There are some great spots, but on the high end average...not a great trail. A Horrific mess really, but if you dig straining through shrubs as thick as Mo-lasses, then dig it...this is the trail for you.

Ill be at The Sierra Motel in Waverly at some point today if it is cheap enough...should be a while till I hit Cin-city, check out my website to know sorta when I will be there.

walkingwithfreedom.com

Yep. At the place of your choice. I'll keep an eye on your website.

Easychair
09-03-2007, 21:48
Junction Trail Festival

http://www.thejunctiontrailfest.org (http://www.thejunctiontrailfest.org/)
Milford, OH just outside Cincinnati

Tent Camping at the event on the Little Miami, come spend the weekend.

Walkin' Jim will present his Forever Wild multi-media show at 6pm at the American Legion Hall in Milford, OH along with his children's program on Friday evening at the Cincinnati Nature Center.

Michael “Lion King” Daniel is walking from Delaware to California on the American Discovery Trail. He is currently walking across on and will be presenting 2 programs at the Junction. Michael will have his 2 short films for sale at the Junction and his weekly video journal can be seen on his website www.walkingwithfreedom.com (http://www.walkingwithfreedom.com/)

Walking with Freedom
6000 miles on the American Discovery Trail

Saturday at 8:00
American Legion Hall

Sunday at 2:00
Nature Outfitters

Michael Daniel is an addictive long distance hiker with over 10,000 miles hiked since 1998. He has section thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail, from Georgia to Maine with over 8,000 combined miles in over 8 years, he has thru-hiked the John Muir Trail in 2002 as well as The Pacific Crest Trail from Mexico to Canada in 2006.
As well as walking he is a film maker with two documentaries, the Film festival Winning "WALKING WITH FREEDOM" and his brand new film on The Pacific Crest Trail "Walking WEST With Freedom", coming out in May of 2007.

Michael is also a published writer, and short filmmaker, actor, director and editor.

This hike on The American Discovery Trail will be his longest continuous walk in his history of trails. Totaling over 6,000 miles from coast to coast, including the center US loop, and will also be the first time ever a person has walked non-stop the entire length of the American Discovery trail in one trip using only his feet.

This trip will also be one of community service, as Michael hopes to raise money for the American Heart Association over the course of nearly a year of walking. You can donate directly through the site, or by contacting your local AMA.

www.walkingwithfreedom.com (http://www.walkingwithfreedom.com/)

American Discovery Trail
www.discoverytrail.org (http://www.discoverytrail.org/)
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/wb_style/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=401018)

otterman
09-04-2007, 08:14
Sorry about the condition of the Buckeye Trail. I maintain a section that goes through Caeser's Creek State Park. I promise smooth sailing through that section. Will you be making Trailfest. My offer is still good on a free diner and a free place to stay. (Although I do have a wedding I am obligated to attend Sat. afternoon. Yeeech!)

bigben
09-04-2007, 20:36
I'll buy you a beer(or 12) in Cincinnati. Let me know when and where, approximately.

Bigben