PDA

View Full Version : whiskey, religion, romance

sloopjonboswell
08-26-2007, 22:33
these are a few of my favorite things i think about on the trail... anybody else?

Jim Adams
08-26-2007, 22:35
Whiskey, romance, whiskey, religion, whiskey, mother nature, whiskey, weather, whiskey and ah...whiskey.

geek

Toolshed
08-26-2007, 22:43
Whiskey, romance, whiskey, religion, whiskey, mother nature, whiskey, weather, whiskey and ah...whiskey.

geek
Why Whiskey when you can have Whisky!!!!!

Dr O
08-27-2007, 00:26
these are a few of my favorite things i think about on the trail... anybody else?

I never think about whiskey or religion.

Just a Hiker
08-27-2007, 00:36
I think about food! All day long!

Just Jim

Jim Adams
08-27-2007, 01:01
I never think about whiskey or religion.

whiskey IS my religion!:D

geek

Jimmers
08-27-2007, 01:21
Hmm, I've learned to avoid talk of religion with anyone I may need to spend more than 5 minutes with in the future. Whiskey, well, I'm less interested in talking about it now than I am in drinking it. Romance, well, if I'm going to talk about anything on the trail, why not romance? Real or imagined, it's all good! ;)

The Weasel
08-27-2007, 03:33
Whiskey and romance are not for talkin', but doin'. Sometimes, together.

The Wesael

Frolicking Dinosaurs
08-27-2007, 04:22
Dinos don't drink (shocking I know, but Dinos drank their fill years ago) so we aren't thinking about whiskey out there unless we encounter people who have had way too much and are being scat orifices in towns.

Dinos are religious critters, but rarely discuss this with anyone unless they bring it up. Dinos are live and let live type creatures. I do have to say that being out there does give one an excellent opportunity for listening to ones deity if such practice is part of ones religion.

As for romance, the dinos are too busy doing it to discuss it - and genteel, southern Dinos don't discuss it :D

What this dino thinks about mostly are the sights, sound and smells that are not available in civilization, how to make things easier on the weak leg by loosing some of what is on my back, new gear designs and how to prepare our next meal. He-dino does some of his best brainstorming about new furniture / woodworking projects while hiking.

JAK
08-27-2007, 07:42
What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?

Footslogger
08-27-2007, 08:53
Why Whiskey when you can have Whisky!!!!!

========================================

Every night, if you carry enough. This time of year a small flask of hootch is ALWAYS on my packing list. Come to think of it I generally carry a small flask all year round. But especially now, with the evening temps dipping into the 30's at higher elevations here in Wyoming, a little nip just before I crawl in the fart sack is a good thing.

'Slogger

taildragger
08-27-2007, 09:01
A good full bowl of Norman Night's blend, maybe some Weatherford Reserve Whiskey, and an entire deer to dig into, stuffed with quail and a steak for dessert, but no :banana

taildragger
08-27-2007, 09:01
And the bowl is for my tobackee pipe

Mags
08-27-2007, 11:23
I'm more of a wine guy myself when backpacking/backcountry ski trips...

Religion? Devout atheist (or a very lapsed Catholic)

Romance? L'amore e grande....

leeki pole
08-27-2007, 11:40
Whiskey, religion and romance. Sounds like country music to me.:D

sloopjonboswell
08-27-2007, 11:50
wiki, futures, wiki, lack of grass, views, miles per hour, the next town stop, how far ahead or behind my friends are, romance, food.

Footslogger
08-27-2007, 12:18
Romance? L'amore e grande....

===============================

What's the literal translation there Mags ...A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE ??

As for the wine, we like it too but can't bring ourselves to drinking it out of a flask and we're too lazy to carry a bottle on hikes.

'Slogger

Freeleo
08-27-2007, 12:24
i think it is "love is good" but the e should have a "t" to read "et" for is

"love is big" doesnt make sense but i only took six years of french 10 years ago

Mags
08-27-2007, 12:27
i think it is "love is good" but the e should have a "t" to read "et" for is

"love is big" doesnt make sense but i only took six years of french 10 years ago

Well seeing it is Italian and not French... :)

It loosley translates as "love it awesome" (and I do mean loosley. "Love is big" is the literal translation)

As for wine, I suggest One ltr boxes (http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=36&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=15231) in the backcountry.

Of course, Irish liquer on St. Patrick's day (http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=36&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=15096) (with mocha) on Green Mtn is also nice.

soulrebel
08-27-2007, 12:30
Whiskey, Wine, Weed, Women, Guns/ammo, living/dying, whyin and tryin, and how to make things go slo...

Freeleo
08-27-2007, 12:36
Well seeing it is Italian and not French... :)

It loosley translates as "love it awesome" (and I do mean loosley. "Love is big" is the literal translation)

As for wine, I suggest One ltr boxes (http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=36&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=15231) in the backcountry.

Of course, Irish liquer on St. Patrick's day (http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=36&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=15096) (with mocha) on Green Mtn is also nice.

it sure has been ten years since i took french...thought i would take a stab at it......and yeah that makes way more sense.....sorry to Mags and Footslogger

Mags
08-27-2007, 12:52
.....sorry to Mags and Footslogger

Nothing to be sorry about. E' niente. ;)

buckowens
08-27-2007, 12:53
A cold glass of white milk and a cheeseburger...

gold bond
08-27-2007, 12:56
I worship a spirit that doesn't just look down...he looks up and thru and all around you'll find him in the rocks and tree's.
Cause there's no reason to pray when you wake up every day to the sunrise over Cedo Peak...find some ground lace up your boots and start walking and you'll find reason...enough reason to believe.

As far as the drink of choice....a little Apricot Brandy after a long day. Maybe some Makers Mark or a little shine! Depends on the time of year!!

Footslogger
08-27-2007, 13:04
it sure has been ten years since i took french...thought i would take a stab at it......and yeah that makes way more sense.....sorry to Mags and Footslogger

Well ...I never took French OR Italian. My heritage is German so I just took a quick look at the expression and made a fun loving attempt at a translation (which I still like better than Mag's)

Ain't love grand ??

'Slogger

Mags
08-27-2007, 13:08

(which I still like better than Mag's)

Whole Lotta Love sounds better to me, too. Molto amore? :) Now, if only it was true in reality as in wishing. Time to queue up the Led Zeppelin...

Freeleo
08-27-2007, 13:17
Whole Lotta Love sounds better to me, too. Molto amore? :) Now, if only it was true in reality as in wishing. Time to queue up the Led Zeppelin...

Non lei ha bisogno del coolin, il bambino, Im il foolin, il gonna di Im l'invia sostiene allo schoolin, la
Maniera posa il miele interiore, lei ha bisogno di esso, il gonna di Im le dà il mio amore, il mio gonna di Im
le dà il mio amore.
Il Wanna l'amore di lotta intero? Il Wanna l'amore di lotta intero? Il Wanna l'amore di lotta intero? Il Wanna l'amore di lotta intero?
Il Youve è stato il learnin, il bambino, io il learnin di fagiolo, Tutti il loro tempi buoni, il bambino, il
bambino, Ive è stato il yearnin, la Maniera, la maniera posa il miele interiore, lei ha bisogno di esso, il
gonna di Im le dà il mio amore, il mio gonna di Im le dà il mio amore.
Il Wanna l'amore di lotta intero? Il Wanna l'amore di lotta intero? Il Wanna l'amore di lotta intero? Il Wanna l'amore di lotta intero?
Il Youve è stato il coolin, il bambino, Ive è stato il droolin, Tutti i tempi buono Ive è stato il misusin, la
Maniera, la maniera posa dentro, il gonna di Im le dà il mio amore, il mio gonna di Im le dà ogni pollice del
mio amore, Gonna le dà il mio amore. Si! va bene! molla!
La maniera posa dentro, la donna, Lei deve amare.
Scuotere per me, la ragazza io wanna è il suo uomo segreto. Ehi, oh, ehi, oh Oh, oh, oh Tiene l'un-coolin, il
bambino, Tiene l'un-coolin, il bambino.

Footslogger,

here it is in italian....let me know if you want it in german:)

Footslogger
08-27-2007, 13:21
Footslogger,

here it is in italian....let me know if you want it in german:)

Bitte ja ...aber narulisch !!

'Slogger

Freeleo
08-27-2007, 13:25

Bitte ja ...aber narulisch !!

'Slogger

i will take that as a yes????

Sie brauchen coolin, Baby, Im nicht foolin, Im gonna zurückschickt Ihnen zu schoolin, Weg inneren Honig
hinunter, Sie brauchen es, Im gonna gibt Ihnen meine Liebe, gibt Im gonna Ihnen meine Liebe.
Wanna ganze lotta Liebe? Wanna ganze lotta Liebe? Wanna ganze lotta Liebe? Wanna ganze lotta Liebe?
Youve ist learnin, Baby, ich Bohne learnin, Alle sie gute Zeiten, Baby, Baby, Ive sind gewesen yearnin, Weg,
Weg inneren Honig hinunter, Sie brauchen es, Im gonna gibt Ihnen meine Liebe gewesen, gibt Im gonna Ihnen
meine Liebe.
Wanna ganze lotta Liebe? Wanna ganze lotta Liebe? Wanna ganze lotta Liebe? Wanna ganze lotta Liebe?
(Verschieden nuschelt und Schrei mit kühlen Wirkungen)
Youve ist coolin, Baby, Ive ist gewesen droolin, Alle guten Zeiten Ive sind gewesen misusin, Weg, Weg hinunter
hinein, Im gonna gibt Ihnen meine Liebe, Im gonna gibt Ihnen jeder Zoll von meiner Liebe gewesen, gibt Gonna
Ihnen meine Liebe. Klar! in Ordnung! lässt geht!
Weg hinunter hinein, Frau, müssen Sie lieben.
Schütteln Sie für mich, seien Sie Mädchen ich wanna Ihr Hintereingangmann. He, ach, he, ach Ach, ach, ach
Behält einen coolin, Baby, einen coolin Zu Behalten, Baby.

Footslogger
08-27-2007, 13:40
i will take that as a yes????

Sie brauchen coolin, Baby, Im nicht foolin, Im gonna zurückschickt Ihnen zu schoolin, Weg inneren Honig
hinunter, Sie brauchen es, Im gonna gibt Ihnen meine Liebe, gibt Im gonna Ihnen meine Liebe.
Youve ist learnin, Baby, ich Bohne learnin, Alle sie gute Zeiten, Baby, Baby, Ive sind gewesen yearnin, Weg,
Weg inneren Honig hinunter, Sie brauchen es, Im gonna gibt Ihnen meine Liebe gewesen, gibt Im gonna Ihnen
meine Liebe.
(Verschieden nuschelt und Schrei mit kühlen Wirkungen)
Youve ist coolin, Baby, Ive ist gewesen droolin, Alle guten Zeiten Ive sind gewesen misusin, Weg, Weg hinunter
hinein, Im gonna gibt Ihnen meine Liebe, Im gonna gibt Ihnen jeder Zoll von meiner Liebe gewesen, gibt Gonna
Ihnen meine Liebe. Klar! in Ordnung! lässt geht!
Weg hinunter hinein, Frau, müssen Sie lieben.
Schütteln Sie für mich, seien Sie Mädchen ich wanna Ihr Hintereingangmann. He, ach, he, ach Ach, ach, ach
Behält einen coolin, Baby, einen coolin Zu Behalten, Baby.
=======================================

Now THAT's a classic. What would my ancestors say ??, much less my 91 year old mother. Think I'll send it to her for a laugh !!

Vielen dank Herr Freeleo ...now I'm gonna queue up the Zeppelin CD !!

'Slogger

Mags
08-27-2007, 13:42
=======================================

Now THAT's a classic. What would my ancestors say ??, much less my 91 year old mother. Think I'll send it to her for a laugh !!

Vielen dank Herr Freeleo ...now I'm gonna queue up the Zeppelin CD !!

'Slogger

My grandmother may find the stylings of Robert Plant in Italian...interesting. :)

Gray Blazer
08-27-2007, 14:08
scat orifices

Love it!!!:D

how to make things easier on the weak leg by loosing some of what is on my back,

"Don't you feel my thigh cuz if you feel my thigh your'e going to feel my leg":banana

Gray Blazer
08-27-2007, 14:14
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens......Whoops, I was having a Julie Andrews moment.

When I get on the trail, this 70's song keeps going through my head. I don't remember who it is by but the words are "It's all so beautiful".

mweinstone
08-27-2007, 14:46
sorry.

thaught this was the ," did anyone ever have to wipe your butt thread" sorry.

mweinstone
08-27-2007, 14:47
use the damm privacy snap!

Skidsteer
08-27-2007, 17:25

What's the literal translation there Mags ...A WHOLE LOTTA LOVE ??

As for the wine, we like it too but can't bring ourselves to drinking it out of a flask and we're too lazy to carry a bottle on hikes.

'Slogger

Generally accepted etiquette is 20 ounce Coke or Pepsi bottle for red wines, Sprite or Mountain Dew bottles for white wines.:)

Footslogger
08-27-2007, 17:52
Generally accepted etiquette is 20 ounce Coke or Pepsi bottle for red wines, Sprite or Mountain Dew bottles for white wines.:)

======================================

Never knew that ...will have to give it a try. A nice swig or two of Valpollicella might go well with some angel hair pasta and little garlic bagels out in the woods !!

'Slogger

Jim Adams
08-27-2007, 18:37

buy the 2 liter BOX and take the bladder out of the box and place it in a stuff sack for protection.
cheap wine but ready to go.:-?

geek

Jim Adams
08-27-2007, 18:38
What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?

:banana :banana :banana Very good!!! I laughed for a while.

geek

Mags
08-27-2007, 18:47
A near tragedy: the first week out on the expedition someone lost the
bottle opener, and for the rest of the trip we had to subsist on
food and water. --W.C. Fields

Footslogger
08-27-2007, 18:52
buy the 2 liter BOX and take the bladder out of the box and place it in a stuff sack for protection.
cheap wine but ready to go.:-?

geek

=================================

Guess you oughta seam seal the stuff sack though ...just in case, right ??

'Slogger

Auntie Mame
08-27-2007, 19:37
Food. No question. Invent recipes, mentally rearrange the items in the food bag to make it more interesting, plan the perfect trail lunch or dinner, etc. Hiking in the 100 mile "wilderness" years back, my sister and i invented an orange cake recipe that we actually made when we got home, called it Nesuntabunt cake. The focus on the details of what to put in it got us up and around that area in some gawdawful hot and humid weather. Tasty, too.
And Footslogger, that tune is bugging me. I thought maybe one of those 70's acid rock groups, but its too soft. Donovan? Jeez, now you've done it. The darn tune's contagious. Viral!

Krewzer
08-27-2007, 23:39
:banana Whiskey, religion, romance....these are a few of my favorite things i think about on the trail... anybody else?

It's getting really difficult not converting to Frisbetarian .