PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Serious Person To Hike Out West........

floyd
09-02-2007, 21:24
Hi everyone, I live in NY, 23, and circumstance has it that I have a year off from school, I've always wanted to get lost or lose myself somewhere out there, so I want to hike out as far as california, see the giant redwoods and fly back home. I figured 4 months should do it, during which I am planning to walk through the more unihabited and wilder places and to skip and ride through the more urbanized regions. The plan is to live on minimum resources, subsisting on rice potatoes and whatever else the earth will provide. I am not one to torture myself but I dont intend to live warm and belly quenched every day. This may sound a bit dreamy but I am not one to give this up; if all goes well we will experience nature, and life the way it should be, we will master our own lives and at the same time give it up to circumstance and the road. We "will see a new horizon every day" and meet new people. Please take this seriously, consider thoroughly, and make sure you are miscible with nature as well as with a companion. I post this because my parents are worried about me going about alone, and I cant deny that good company is ever a minus. If we fit, we will embark, and if anything arises we can always split roads. please reply directly to my e-mail as I am not sure to visit the forums again: [email protected] (dont let the e-mail scare you..........)