PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat summitting "Big K" tomorrow

camojack
09-04-2007, 20:59
Matthewski called and asked me to post on behalf of Bobcat, 'cause he has no signal.

Anyway, he told me to say she's summitting Katahdin tomorrow, and did the 100 Mile Wilderness in 5 days. :eek:

Lone Wolf
09-04-2007, 21:03
that's kinda slow

camojack
09-04-2007, 21:19
that's kinda slow

YMMV... :-?

Lone Wolf
09-04-2007, 21:22

what is YMMV?

Trillium
09-04-2007, 21:29
Hey, here's one thing I actually know: Your Miles May Vary :D

Phreak
09-04-2007, 22:23
that's kinda slow
Not really. Few people average 20 MPD.

Lone Wolf
09-04-2007, 22:26

20 per day for a thru hiker type is not a major physical feat for that section. just sayin'.;)

saimyoji
09-04-2007, 22:31
20 per day for a thru hiker type is not a major physical feat for that section. just sayin'.;)

One day....I'll be as phenomenal as you. One day.....

Lone Wolf
09-04-2007, 22:48
One day....I'll be as phenomenal as you. One day.....

..as phenominal as MOST thru-hikers. i guess the mileage has gone down since most spend nights on end in hostels and slackpack. a full pack builds awesome endurance. have you thru hiked?

saimyoji
09-04-2007, 22:51
have you thru hiked?

No. Whats a "thru-hike"? :)

Lone Wolf
09-04-2007, 23:00
No. Whats a "thru-hike"? :)

no s chitt. :-? good ?

camojack
09-05-2007, 00:43

I never gave any kind of value judgment about it, one way or t'other...I was simply posting what Matthewski asked me to.

But no, by the time someone gets to Maine from Georgia, 20 mile days are no big deal... :cool:

7Sisters
09-05-2007, 04:44
Tell Bobcat that 7Sisters said congrats and looks forward to catching up with her when she gets back.

Do you know if she's still planning on finishing the LT in early October?

7Sisters
09-05-2007, 04:51
PLEASE - let's let L.Wolf and his stupid comments go so he doesn't hijack another thread.

This is supposed to be about Bobcat and her accomplishment, not L.Wolf and his inability to display couth on WB.

Lone Wolf
09-05-2007, 06:16
PLEASE - let's let L.Wolf and his stupid comments go so he doesn't hijack another thread.

This is supposed to be about Bobcat and her accomplishment, not L.Wolf and his inability to display couth on WB.

oh calm down. learn to relax some. you're getting all worked up over nothing.:)

mweinstone
09-05-2007, 06:30
wolf, come on over to our new and improved bobcat thread. we need you.

Lone Wolf
09-05-2007, 06:40
wolf, come on over to our new and improved bobcat thread. we need you.

no. i'm hated by the masses.

camojack
09-05-2007, 06:43
Maybe that's why you're the lone wolf, eh? I don't hate you, though.
Feng shui!!! :banana

Lone Wolf
09-05-2007, 06:47
thank you brother.:D

camojack
09-05-2007, 06:49
thank you brother.:D
Any time... :p

mweinstone
09-05-2007, 07:24
when i come back from the lead mines you both better be over on the real bobcat thread. thats where the actions gonna be. silly bikerhikers.

Gray Blazer
09-05-2007, 07:31

I love you man. I read every one of your posts. I'm hoping someday someone will put together a collection of your quotes (my favorite one concerned the blind jewish person from Africa).:D

Gray Blazer
09-05-2007, 09:36
I love you man. I read every one of your posts. I'm hoping someday someone will put together a collection of your quotes (my favorite one concerned the blind jewish person from Africa).:D

I'm sorry, that was a blind jewish crippled person from Africa. I think we were talking about discrimination on the trail or something. That was many beers ago, hard to remember exactly.:D

mweinstone
09-05-2007, 13:00
how dare this thread still exist? bobcats prolly just about at the top! exspecting the victory call any minute. you know that call.....the one with gasping and illegible inaudiable noises. the one that means "summit bagged" followed by the noises,...im going to get so drunk,..and,...hey, im out of blazes!.

camojack
09-05-2007, 19:20
how dare this thread still exist?

I guess, if you didn't want it to exist, that you shouldn't have asked me to start it. :confused:

mweinstone
09-05-2007, 20:02
shes down! and she had a wonderful day. in millinoket. has ride tommorow to her car. loves life. too tired to talk so i let her go. she has great photos but her phone didnt work up top. summited with tony tiger and 7 others.

Jester2000
09-05-2007, 20:05
Yay Bobcat!

Johnny Thunder
09-06-2007, 08:35
Woot Woot!

MOWGLI
09-06-2007, 08:49
Who dat Bobcat? Dis won?

http://www.trailjournals.com/about.cfm?trailname=5372

She looks like a he too me.

Pacific Tortuga
09-06-2007, 09:19
Nope, she's a young woman of 24 from Vermont. She has her own blog at wheresangela.com. She started April first and over-came many nagging injuries early on. She by-passed many strong hikers along the way that are still out there hiking :-? .

She loves the Yanks Mog, and her parents own a winery in PA. May be a great place for a WB get together.

Wonder
09-06-2007, 12:20
Wine? PA?? Me likey PA wine......which one?

cannonball
09-06-2007, 14:08
I encountered bobcat last June a few miles before Troutdale. She was carrying a fawn, perhaps 2 weeks old. Apparently she found it alone in the woods and was trying to carry it to a vet.
Perhaps she should have left it in the woods and let nature do its thing. Anyhoo, I remember her saying how heavy it was becoming:confused:

Jester2000
09-06-2007, 19:47
Later she talked of how delicious it became.

7Sisters
09-06-2007, 20:23
I encountered bobcat last June a few miles before Troutdale. She was carrying a fawn, perhaps 2 weeks old. Apparently she found it alone in the woods and was trying to carry it to a vet.
Perhaps she should have left it in the woods and let nature do its thing. Anyhoo, I remember her saying how heavy it was becoming:confused:

That indicent made the local paper as a game warden (I believe) became involved. I remember when she told me about it. I was pretty suprised.

mweinstone
09-07-2007, 00:15
bobcats home in vermont after 12 hours of driving. she waited for white crow for a while at the point in new hampshire she thaught he'd be at. she spoke with pacrat this morn who reported white crow in a car in glenncliff going to breakfast. since there is no signals in glencliff for any cell phones, i exspect to here from him tommorow concerning the food drop hes got waiting for him in glencliff. bobcats real tired again but not like yesterday comming down from a big k high after a 26 miler the day befor. what a gal! what a hiker! what a tremendes bobcat we have in angela. shes volenteered to raise the flag on mt feild for the 911 memorial thing. they have one more peak that needs a volenteer. if you know of this program, then you know what i speak of. cammo can fill you in as hes a big flag guy.
so another of this class has finnished (save for the 180 mi in maine to do in the comming weeks.) her hike for the most part. just a quick juant with blister sistah to finnish up the south of maine and it'll be over. but for now, the hoopla part and fan fair part are over.the walking with your own class part. the walking during the "season" part is over. the being out for 5 1/2 months part,....over. and the begining of the planning for the next big hike starts. shes trying to do the pct with jesters class next year but may settle for doing a magic trip to send off the folks in the desert. we talked of flying out, renting a car, and doing magic in the middle of the desert for jester and the others. what a freakout that will be.
thanks bobcat for giving this armchair sportsman a thrill. it was like hiking , each time you called. you imbody the best that hikers ever stood and walked for. your a credit to the nation of appalachian. your one of the golden girls. you have traversed the curve of the earth on your little feetsys. you forrest gumped that trail! forever the trail will respect and welcome and thrill you. its your trail now. wear it well . xoxoxoxoxoxomatty.