PDA

View Full Version : Spirits...

rainmaker
09-07-2007, 22:44
...of the alcohol kind. When hiking, Madame and I enjoy a bit of brandy before retiring for the night. Also, since we'll be celebrating our 39th anniversary while on the trail this fall Madame has asked that I bring a small flask of Courvoirsier to celebrate the occasion. I really don't want to carry a flask a distance. Where can I purchase brandy or courvoursier while on the trail in Pennsylvania?

emerald
09-07-2007, 23:26
Go here (http://www.lcb.state.pa.us/app/Retail/Storeloc.asp) to locate Wine and Spirit Stores.

Be advised, alcohol is illegal on Pennsylvania State Game Lands.

Don't expect to consume alcohol at BMECC's 501 Shelter or its Eckville Shelter. Please respect the no alcohol policy at these two facilities and help keep them open for others who will follow in your footsteps.

rainmaker
09-08-2007, 13:17
Thanks for the info. and be assured I don't plan to get kicked out of shelters or hostels. It is funny though, I thought SC and NC were sorta wierd with their alcohol laws. Just goes to show you, there's not a lot of difference in the states. Thanks.

Jack Tarlin
09-08-2007, 15:17
You'll also go directly by a State store as you enter the town of Duncannon; it's one of only 2 liquor stores that are directly ON the Appalachian Trail. The fellow that runs the Duncannon store is delightful, enjoys talking to hikers, and is quite knowledgable about the surrounding area.

saimyoji
09-08-2007, 16:18
You'll also go directly by a State store as you enter the town of Duncannon; it's one of only 2 liquor stores that are directly ON the Appalachian Trail. The fellow that runs the Duncannon store is delightful, enjoys talking to hikers, and is quite knowledgable about the surrounding area.

Dammit man, don't keep us in suspense....whats the other one? :mad:

Jack Tarlin
09-08-2007, 18:10
Well, technically it's on the other side of the street from the actual Trail, but you pass right by one when leaving Pearisburg.

saimyoji
09-08-2007, 20:22
Well, technically it's on the other side of the street from the actual Trail, but you pass right by one when leaving Pearisburg.

Haaahhhhhhh.

rockrat
09-08-2007, 21:36
You can't forget the ABC store next to the Kroger in Daleville.