PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle to Springer

The Solemates
11-05-2003, 16:19
The Solemates will be leaving with a caravan of family and friends from northwestern SC (?) on Friday, January 30. We plan to start hiking on Sunday, February 1.

We are willing to offer anyone a ride to Springer who may need it on the afternoon of Jan 30. The ride will be basically free (we will only ask for a few bucks to help pay for gas, but it will be split several ways).

We are not sure as of yet where we will be leaving from, but if you have a certain area, let us know. It will be from one of three places: one of our families is from Charlotte, NC, the other is from Greenville, SC, and we both live in Clemson, SC. If you would be able to get to one of these places and need a ride, let us know: [email protected]

To get to Springer, it takes about 2.5 hrs from Clemson, 3 hrs from Greenville, and 5 hrs from Charlotte.

Its always an adventure...

Rain Man
11-05-2003, 20:33
Spent 6 years in Clemson myself. Graduated in '75. Just wish I had been a backpacker back then!

Rain Man
Nashville, TN

Nightwalker
11-21-2003, 12:05
...We are not sure as of yet where we will be leaving from, but if you have a certain area, let us know. It will be from one of three places: one of our families is from Charlotte, NC, the other is from Greenville, SC, and we both live in Clemson, SC. If you would be able to get to one of these places and need a ride, let us know: [email protected]
Its always an adventure...

Any of you guys want to hike the Foothills Trail as a warmup? It's a great time of year for it! If you've never hiked it, I happen to know someone (ahem) who's a very experienced FT hiker. :)
If you have, the same said guy loves the company. :) again

Frank

Nightwalker
11-21-2003, 12:07
Spent 6 years in Clemson myself. Graduated in '75. Just wish I had been a backpacker back then!

Here's hoping for a barbecued chicken dinner saturday night!

Frank

P.S. I've been a Tiger fan since the Frank Howard days, when a 6-5 season was a real accomplishment. I even live in Clemson County (Pickens).

Rain Man
11-21-2003, 16:58
I've been a Tiger fan since the Frank Howard days

Yeah... I wonder if "The Needle" was actually Jimmy Addison's trail name, instead of how he could place the football precisely on a pass play? Hmmmmmm.

Nightwalker
11-21-2003, 17:51
Yeah... I wonder if "The Needle" was actually Jimmy Addison's trail name, instead of how he could place the football precisely on a pass play? Hmmmmmm.

Teeheehee, naughty boy. :)