PDA

View Full Version : Editing

akaGrace
09-08-2007, 14:33
How can I edit a post that I've made in the 'selling gear' forum?

Thanks

Roland
09-08-2007, 14:37
You can edit posts for 15 days. If the post is older than 15 days, you'll have to get the help of a moderator or administrator.

Alligator
09-10-2007, 21:36
Cuffs is the moderator for that forum.

Smile
09-10-2007, 23:33
Hi akaGrace :)
hope you sell your stuff, saw it on the HenHike board, and have emailed a few friends to spread the word.

modiyooch
01-15-2008, 21:13
Why am I not allowed to edit my own post? (<15days actually < 15 minutes)

Skidsteer
01-15-2008, 21:15
Why am I not allowed to edit my own post? (<15days actually < 15 minutes)

Are you a donating member?

Bearpaw
01-15-2008, 21:16
Editing posts is a priviledge of members who've made a donation. If you spend much time here, it's worth the $10. Besides, it helps pay for the site.

ofthearth
01-15-2008, 21:36
On the subject of editing - is there a way to do a search on two words using quotes ie. to search for "pack weight" rather than pack or weight

and somebody mentioned a spell check in the upper right corner ???????? I don't see it

thanks

ofthearth

oops56
01-15-2008, 22:27
If you are using internet explorer up at top under tools there is spell check

Alligator
01-15-2008, 22:39
On the subject of editing - is there a way to do a search on two words using quotes ie. to search for "pack weight" rather than pack or weight

and somebody mentioned a spell check in the upper right corner ???????? I don't see it

thanks

ofthearthIf you type in pack weight and select threads it will look for pack and weight somewhere in the thread. Not necessarily in the same post. If you type pack weight and select posts in the search box it will look for pack and weight in a single post. To find "pack weight" you could use Google and search "pack weight" and select current site. But then in may pick out "pack weight" in a thread. (I'm not positive on this last point.)

ofthearth
01-16-2008, 10:26
If you type in pack weight and select threads it will look for pack and weight somewhere in the thread. Not necessarily in the same post. If you type pack weight and select posts in the search box it will look for pack and weight in a single post. To find "pack weight" you could use Google and search "pack weight" and select current site. But then in may pick out "pack weight" in a thread. (I'm not positive on this last point.)

Thanks for the google idea. Sorta like snakes or blazes- we don't see what's in front of us:eek: Didn't see the choice of "current site" but got the same result by using
"pack weight" "white blaze"
"pack weight" "www.whiteblaze.net"
in the search field.

thanks again
ofthearth

attroll
01-18-2008, 02:35

thanks

ofthearth
You should be able to use the quotes and it will search for that phrase in the quotes.

ofthearth
01-22-2008, 11:36
How do you delete only "some" of the private messages? I see a check box but ...........

Thanks
ofthearth

Alligator
01-22-2008, 11:39
How do you delete only "some" of the private messages? I see a check box but ...........

Thanks
ofthearthOnce you use the check box(es) there is a pulldown menu [Selected Messages] on the bottom of the PM list. Make your selection then hit the Go box next to the pulldown.